Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coldflamez

Finally! Our Cosy Sty...

Hi coldflamez, did u see this somewhere? or design of it yourself? didn't know corner doors can be done this way.. tot normally corners would need the support to be there..

this is pretty common lah, my MIL place done 10 yrs ago hv this design...though i din really like it

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi coldflamez, did u see this somewhere? or design of it yourself? didn't know corner doors can be done this way.. tot normally corners would need the support to be there..

Ikea got...just saw it.

Yup, i saw this from someone's blog and asked Alan if he could do it too.

Turned out Asia Excel sells these kind of doors and he helped us to install it. :)

this is pretty common lah, my MIL place done 10 yrs ago hv this design...though i din really like it

It's not bad lah, it allows us to utilize the corner space fully without buying those expensive basket thingy that rotates.

Save more $$! Haha...

Ha.. didn't even see this design before.. my parent's home is those round tray type..

Ikea got...just saw it.

they sell the door and hinges? tot is normal hinges but just put between 2 doors. Ha..

Yup, i saw this from someone's blog and asked Alan if he could do it too.

Turned out Asia Excel sells these kind of doors and he helped us to install it. :)

It's not bad lah, it allows us to utilize the corner space fully without buying those expensive basket thingy that rotates.

Save more $$! Haha...

Hmm.. now thinking the corner shld put what things that is big but dun use alot.. Any suggestions? Ha.. 5kg rice packet? but hard to take put if put all the way in..

wanted buy the basket type to put but Henry dun suggest it, forgot what's the reason..

I have amended my signature to include some recommended and not-recommended shops. Hope this can help new RTers get good deals and avoid those shops with bad service. :)

Have only added those which i have personally experienced, that's why places like homage and S&C are not featured although many forumers seemed to have gd experience with them.

Will encourage more people to do this also, think it will definitely be helpful to newbies looking for info.

At the same time, just need to be careful of phantoms members posting to promote themselves or discredit rivals.

Hope this will help to promote good services :yamseng: and weed out the baddies. :fire:

Cheers! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Furniture HQ@AMK: Pushy and BS Ah Beng salesman.

haha, i agree. but my mum die die wanted her sofa for her place. i was so annoyed with the salesman i refused to look at them alr. baaaa. super buay tahan the BS talk they're giving. :curse:

hommage is not bad, we've had good exp so far, but cannot comment further until we receive our furniture delivery mid-June. :P

Furniture HQ@AMK: Pushy and BS Ah Beng salesman.

haha, i agree. but my mum die die wanted her sofa for her place. i was so annoyed with the salesman i refused to look at them alr. baaaa. super buay tahan the BS talk they're giving. :curse:

hommage is not bad, we've had good exp so far, but cannot comment further until we receive our furniture delivery mid-June. :P

Ya, my experience was very bad also... The ah beng salesman just refused to let us go and kept hardselling... At the end, he even tried to get us to just put down a deposit, saying that they can reproduce any sofa outside that we like for 15% cheaper. So dodgy...

Ha.. didn't even see this design before.. my parent's home is those round tray type..

they sell the door and hinges? tot is normal hinges but just put between 2 doors. Ha..

Hmm.. now thinking the corner shld put what things that is big but dun use alot.. Any suggestions? Ha.. 5kg rice packet? but hard to take put if put all the way in..

wanted buy the basket type to put but Henry dun suggest it, forgot what's the reason..

Oops, sorry i missed this.. I'm using the corner to store some big pots that i don't use often...

The hinge is different from the usual one as it needs to bend more than usual to open the door... The normal resting position is 90 degrees but the resting position for this hinge is 270 degrees. :P

You kitchen has a very nice orange color :)

your DIY tv console is also very nice!

We were in the same sofa shop last week and choose another model.

Do you have picture of your TV+console? I wonder how your TV is placed, on console? on wall?

Can share contact of your contractor? How much is your kitchen? We are thinking of doing a renovation for the 'whole' kitchen of our resale HDB flat. Thank you

Edited by kanchi

You kitchen has a very nice orange color :)

your DIY tv console is also very nice!

We were in the same sofa shop last week and choose another model.

Do you have picture of your TV+console? I wonder how your TV is placed, on console? on wall?

Can share contact of your contractor? How much is your kitchen? We are thinking of doing a renovation for the 'whole' kitchen of our resale HDB flat. Thank you

Hi, have pm-ed you Alan's num.

Our tv is mounted on the wall, let me see if i can find any pic of it. :)

Oops, sorry i missed this.. I'm using the corner to store some big pots that i don't use often...

The hinge is different from the usual one as it needs to bend more than usual to open the door... The normal resting position is 90 degrees but the resting position for this hinge is 270 degrees. :P

No prob at all lah... Ha..

Oh.. ok.. didn't know got such hinges.. mst take note for future use.. :D

I bought shoe cabinet and 2 books cabinet from Hommage also..

Charles entertained us.. nice guy and not pushy at all.. explained abt maintenance also.. he's also the guy to do delivery and fix up the items + leveling for doors etc..

Edited by fencer

hey guys, i have a question to ask:

My wife and i are currently paying our HDB housing loan entirely from our CPF contribution. I noticed that we have some spare money in our cpf account because of annual bonus. So is it more worthwhile to use this $$ to reduce our HDB loan or should we keep the money in our CPF accounts to earn interest?

Would appreciate any advice! Thks!

Edited by coldflamez

hey guys, i have a question to ask:

My wife and i are currently paying our HDB housing loan entirely from our CPF contribution. I noticed that we have some spare money in our cpf account because of annual bonus. So is it more worthwhile to use this $$ to reduce our HDB loan or should we keep the money in our CPF accounts to earn interest?

Would appreciate any advice! Thks!

Me not expert so only personal opinion only huh.. :P

You shld always have spare cash in your CPF in events of emergency like loss of job etc. Same as to cash savings..

Ideally wld be 1 years saving, whether is cash or CPF cash. if not, haf year.. hard but is advisable..

Good to offset so the interest is less. If you can leave enuf cash inside CPF after offset, do so loh..

Not worth the risk to offset to save interest only to leave yourself "open" to possible crisis. ;)

Me not expert so only personal opinion only huh.. :P

You shld always have spare cash in your CPF in events of emergency like loss of job etc. Same as to cash savings..

Ideally wld be 1 years saving, whether is cash or CPF cash. if not, haf year.. hard but is advisable..

Good to offset so the interest is less. If you can leave enuf cash inside CPF after offset, do so loh..

Not worth the risk to offset to save interest only to leave yourself "open" to possible crisis. ;)

We do have some spare saving in case of emergency. Was thinking that since i can't touch the cpf money, might as well use it to pay off the hdb loan as fast as possible.

I think that the hdb loan interest is 0.1% higher than the cpf interest, right?

So it prob makes more sense to pay off the hdb loan rather than keep the $$ in cpf.

You guys agree?

We do have some spare saving in case of emergency. Was thinking that since i can't touch the cpf money, might as well use it to pay off the hdb loan as fast as possible.

So it prob makes more sense to pay off the hdb loan rather than keep the $$ in cpf.

You guys agree?

If deemed enough spare savings for emergencies, then shld take the chance to lower the total loan amount.

CPF money can be used for investment also leh (weigh the interest also?).. study loan also.. last time studying poly, i took from my father's CPF.. but need return after start working lah..

You guys agree?

1. if you are not an 'investment' type of person, and

2. if you have set aside enough for rainy days,

then yes, it is better to pay off the hdb loan rather than incur higher interest for the loan.