Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jasonloke13

Haunted Flat

Hi does anyone know of any master who is able to see whether a house is haunted or unlucky or not ? Cos thinking of buying a resale flat but very worried will ended buying a haunted flat which one of my friend had encountered.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi does anyone know of any master who is able to see whether a house is haunted or unlucky or not ? Cos thinking of buying a resale flat but very worried will ended buying a haunted flat which one of my friend had encountered.

The usual believe was to bring young kids, maybe 2 to 3 years old to the new place ...

if they never cry and able to work around the room and such in a happy mood ... it is generally ok.

Your friend bought which area flat? any more detail? sounds scary!

Get a Fengshui Master to audit the house b4 exercise your OTP. :)

Stop being superstitious ! Every resale flat / condo in Singapore will eventually be a 'haunted' house judging by the no. of deaths occuring every day in our own homes.

Most FSMs will tell people to avoid buying a house if the seller is a Hindu. The belief is that the Hindus bring their deities/spirits into the house. Somehow, FSMs lack the 'power' to get rid of the deities' spirits if they choose to remain in the house ! I have viewed houses with altars built into the storerooms....yes it is a bit eerie.

Similarly, for Muslim families, when their love one dies, they do the washing & rites inside the house. Again, FSMs will typically do a 'prayer' to guide the soul of the decease to leave the house. Nothing evil or scary about that. Just a peace of mind ritual. The same thing is done for Christian, Buddhist or Taoist resale homes.

When your friend encounters a 'haunted' house, it is his ability to see & feel the 4th dimension. This is a gift or a curse depending on how you see it. It can also be psychological rather than real. FSMs can't do anything about it. Depending on your religious upbringing, it is advisable for you to get your own religious priest or tang-kee to do the house cleansing. FSMs may do more damage to your psychological well-being than good. Think carefully !

Edited by asoon88

Stop being superstitious ! Every resale flat / condo in Singapore will eventually be a 'haunted' house judging by the no. of deaths occuring every day in our own homes.

Most FSMs will tell people to avoid buying a house if the seller is a Hindu. The belief is that the Hindus bring their deities/spirits into the house. Somehow, FSMs lack the 'power' to get rid of the deities' spirits if they choose to remain in the house ! I have viewed houses with altars built into the storerooms....yes it is a bit eerie.

Similarly, for Muslim families, when their love one dies, they do the washing & rites inside the house. Again, FSMs will typically do a 'prayer' to guide the soul of the decease to leave the house. Nothing evil or scary about that. Just a peace of mind ritual. The same thing is done for Christian, Buddhist or Taoist resale homes.

When your friend encounters a 'haunted' house, it is his ability to see & feel the 4th dimension. This is a gift or a curse depending on how you see it. It can also be psychological rather than real. FSMs can't do anything about it. Depending on your religious upbringing, it is advisable for you to get your own religious priest or tang-kee to do the house cleansing. FSMs may do more damage to your psychological well-being than good. Think carefully !

each individual gt their own blief & some do hv their own encounter...thus, u gt no right and r not in a position to say superstitious blah blah blah....

some of them reali blief in it coz they do encounter or experience b4...however, there r some whom r ignorant coz they hv nt encounter b4 nor experience it themslves b4...

so come on...each individual hv their own blief & doings...so pls stop crticising others..if u blief in ur own doings..let it be..need not go into an extent..criticising others saying superstitious blah blah blah...then u can juz avoid tis thread..

each individual gt their own blief & some do hv their own encounter...thus, u gt no right and r not in a position to say superstitious blah blah blah....

some of them reali blief in it coz they do encounter or experience b4...however, there r some whom r ignorant coz they hv nt encounter b4 nor experience it themslves b4...

so come on...each individual hv their own blief & doings...so pls stop crticising others..if u blief in ur own doings..let it be..need not go into an extent..criticising others saying superstitious blah blah blah...then u can juz avoid tis thread..

Friend,

Check the dictionary for the meaning of the word " superstition" before your confuse other innocent forumers. This forum is to help give sound advise to people who are ignorant of matters relating to their homes. If is up to them to use the advice.

jasonloke13, i tik it's understandable to be afraid of having similar experience like ur frd did....honestly, u may or may not....it really depends on individual....

to ease ur fears, u may wish to speak to the neighbours who live in the same floor as the intended unit that u wish to buy and find out y the flat is now empty etc....another way, u can go to SLA and get the history of ownership for the intended flat also....

there is really no foolproof way of anything for this situation....to be honest, even if u buy a newly built flat, it can happen too...trust ur instincts...

if u feel tat u r being oversuperstitutious or wary, then try for HDB direct flat....like i said above, not foolproof either

• Like 1

Hmmm. I don't see asoon's remarks as derogatory leh. He acknowledges the existence of the spiritual world.

From prior experience, if you can co-exist with the spiritual beings which inhabit your space, wealth will creep into your wallet.

Case No. 1 :

My grandfather bought a detached house at rock bottom price [only $30k] during the early days knowing well that it was haunted. He didn't mind the history cuz he needed a place to stay.

He became really successful in life and owned several properties and businesses.

Case No. 2 :

My friend was a fledgling private banker when he moved into his residence. His encounters include hearing the fridge door slamming and feeling someone sitting beside him when he's watching tv.

He moved up the ranks spectacularly fast and is now heading a foreign bank's asia pacific division.

Gist is: If it doesn't harm you, leave it.

You may even be rewarded unexpectedly. :)

I thought the bigger worry abt buying resale flat is whether the previous owner got owe money to loan shark or not! :)

Anyway, it's an interesting topic cuz I've had a few personal encounters myself. The first house my family (ie parents and siblings) ever lived in was like Ghost Central. There were many supernatural beings in that flat. Won't go into details but amazingly, my family tahan in that house for more than 20 years before we decided to move out cuz it was too small. Even now, whenever I have nightmares of being chased by ghosts, I always ended up in the house, or in the block. Whenever I pass by there, it still gives me the creeps.

Then when I got married and moved into my own home in Bt Batok, I later found out that the house I bought, the teenage son committed suicide by jumping off the parapet! We didn't really feel the spirit of the boy but my hubby who likes to stay up late if he works the afternoon shift, sometimes can feel presence around the house, especially at the back bedroom. And my oldest daughter - who was about 2 years old that time - used to cry for no reason at night. At that time we thought she was just being fussy, but now we realised that mbe she was 'disturbed'. We didn't stay in this house for long, not because of the spirit, but because it was too far away from our parents.

So far, in our current (soon to be ex) house, we've had no problems.

I think what kellog said about young children has some truth, but who's going to lend you their child to test for ghosts in the flat :P

It's good also to talk to neighbours, but not sure how you going to do it before you even buy the place? I actually found out abt the Bt Batok flat from someone who used to be the next door neighbour. She was actually selling me some insurance over the phone and when I gave my address to her, she said, 'Hey, you bought the flat next to where I used to live! Did you know that the son jump off the building?" I was like 'Whaaaaaaatttt?????' Very surreal.....

Anyway just sharing my story...not sure if it will help the OP.

It is interesting to read about bk888's & umaisarah's experiences. Perhaps to help those who fear the unknown, let's list down some locations for would-be buyers to consider before they buy their resale property. Maybe they can ask the sellers for lower COVs in the process !

I will contribute by listing the following actual cases :-

Early 1970s - Blk 102, 30-G, Henderson Crescent - Black Crawling Being seen by my elder brother

March 1992 - Blk 260, Jurong East St 24 - 9th Flr - Brother-in-law committed suicide jumping off from common corridor

Around 1996 - Blk 815, Jurong West St 81 - Between 10th~12th Flr - Schoolboy committed suicide jumping off from staircase landing

Late 2009 - Blk 817, Jurong West St 81 - From 7th Flr home - JC girl jump off from room...still alive when I saw her...reported dead the next day

Another case between Blks 720~729 in early 2000 - Indian man threw a child out of flat ....

Spirits don't create problems...people do. Therefore , don't be too worried about past events in a house. Practise your religion fervently, do works of charity, keep a positive and open mind. If you believe FSMs can ward off 'evil', then pay them to do it. Best is to get your own religious teachers to do the job. Some people have good antennas to sense and feel such spirits. They need to be guided back to their own world not feared.

Edited by asoon88

It is interesting to read about bk888's & umaisarah's experiences. Perhaps to help those who fear the unknown, let's list down some locations for would-be buyers to consider before they buy their resale property. Maybe they can ask the sellers for lower COVs in the process !

I will contribute by listing the following actual cases :-

Early 1970s - Blk 102, 30-G, Henderson Crescent - Black Crawling Being seen by my elder brother

March 1992 - Blk 260, Jurong East St 24 - 9th Flr - Brother-in-law committed suicide jumping off from common corridor

Around 1996 - Blk 815, Jurong West St 81 - Between 10th~12th Flr - Schoolboy committed suicide jumping off from staircase landing

Late 2009 - Blk 817, Jurong West St 81 - From 7th Flr home - JC girl jump off from room...still alive when I saw her...reported dead the next day

Another case between Blks 720~729 in early 2000 - Indian man threw a child out of flat ....

Spirits don't create problems...people do. Therefore , don't be too worried about past events in a house. Practise your religion fervently, do works of charity, keep a positive and open mind. If you believe FSMs can ward off 'evil', then pay them to do it. Best is to get your own religious teachers to do the job. Some people have good antennas to sense and feel such spirits. They need to be guided back to their own world not feared.

Asoon, well said! Spirits exist everywhere. Everywhere also got ppl dies irregardless of race/religion. Why scare abt "dead ppl", "live ppl" are most scary who keep convincing ppl to worry abt "dead ppl" while $ come to their pocket. Open your eye, use yr brain to think/process/reasoning, can alway "hear" but subject to believing. Hospital every minute got ppl dies, so cannot stay there?

Edited by bepgof

AIYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! poor child.... helpless and cannot defend him/herself...

In fenshui practise, FSM using 罗盘 could detect “空亡穴“ fairly easily, such houses are called “空亡屋“。

From what I have interpreted from fengshui writeups, “空亡穴“ is essentially the entrance and exit of our dimensions and the other dimensions.

Whether death took place in that house or the ghosts chance upon that spot, the spot is condusive for these beings to stay, not for human stay.

Hence, not suitable for residential purpose. Typical usage of “空亡屋“ is non-profit org operations, like police post, temple, church etc.

For haunted houses, I believe it depends on your own sensitivity to it. Some people make a fortune even when they are staying in a haunted house.

There are some signs that you should look out for when you visit a house:

- Try to look out for unexplained moisture/leakage marks on the wall

- The house look dim in the day even if you turn on all the lights

- You feel a sudden chill/drop in tempreture even during a hot afternoon

- You feel some degree of giddiness after the house visit (not becoz of the COV asked by the owner :P )

- The needle of your compass keep turning in a inconsistent manner

- Bring ur pet dog or young children (not your own :P ) during open house and see how they behave

- Bring a monk or a toaist priest that has the third eye turned on - you can't miss it.

Buying a house at this current market is quite tricky because owners of some of these "unwanted" properties will try to grab this opportunity to let it go, due to strong demand. Do exercise caution...

In fenshui practise, FSM using 罗盘 could detect “空亡穴“ fairly easily, such houses are called “空亡屋“。

From what I have interpreted from fengshui writeups, “空亡穴“ is essentially the entrance and exit of our dimensions and the other dimensions.

Whether death took place in that house or the ghosts chance upon that spot, the spot is condusive for these beings to stay, not for human stay.

Hence, not suitable for residential purpose. Typical usage of “空亡屋“ is non-profit org operations, like police post, temple, church etc.

For haunted houses, I believe it depends on your own sensitivity to it. Some people make a fortune even when they are staying in a haunted house.

There are some signs that you should look out for when you visit a house:

- Try to look out for unexplained moisture/leakage marks on the wall

- The house look dim in the day even if you turn on all the lights

- You feel a sudden chill/drop in tempreture even during a hot afternoon

- You feel some degree of giddiness after the house visit (not becoz of the COV asked by the owner :P )

- The needle of your compass keep turning in a inconsistent manner

- Bring ur pet dog or young children (not your own :P ) during open house and see how they behave

- Bring a monk or a toaist priest that has the third eye turned on - you can't miss it.

Buying a house at this current market is quite tricky because owners of some of these "unwanted" properties will try to grab this opportunity to let it go, due to strong demand. Do exercise caution...

If the spirit is a benevolent entity, then you can live peacefully in that unit. It won't bother you, it won't harm you. It may just appear once in a while.

However, if the spirit is out to harm you, mentally or physically e.g. choke you, play with the lights, drive you crazy, then.... better get the f*** out of that place before you really get hurt.