Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baby81984

3-room Resale In The West

Also got our complete set of drawers from IKEA. They are heavy!

This is one side of our WIW. The other side will be using IKEA pole system - the more industrial style kind.

With so many drawers, hope we will remember where we store our things! :P

Our "Do Re Me" style of putting it...

P1060274.jpg

Also gotten a BILLY bookcase as our shoe cabinet:

P1060276.jpg

We made a mistake of fixing the shelves wrongly, unlaminated side facing out... :P

Gotta use a fabric to cover up the glass door.

P1060276.jpg

Cute fabric we got from ikea. No idea what to use if for...buy first... :)

P1060255.jpg

With a stroke of luck, we managed to get this fabric, (same as the one we use for our chairs). Luckily we got it before an auntie...she bought the whole roll of this fabric!! :) We want to use this for cushion on sofas, so that it can match our chairs. :) So lucky!!

P1060253.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

GUYS!

If you had used CNS to do your gates, please check them now!

I checked and found a few small spots of rust. So ok, no problem i thought, take it down to spray black. To my horror, the underside of the gate is not painted at all!

So, we had to spray it, being in our area, we were told metal rust very quickly :(

Forgot to take before pics, so here are the after pics...

The shorter side of the door (underside of the gate)

P1060278.jpg

The paint waiting to dry:

P1060281.jpg

The area we sprayed:

P1060279.jpg

Horrified, i checked the wrought iron grilles. True enough, they did not spray the bottom of the grilles. So smart... :(

Think we will settle it another day... haiizz....

We made a mistake of fixing the shelves wrongly, unlaminated side facing out... :P

Gotta use a fabric to cover up the glass door.

P1060276.jpg

Actually, if you think about it, it makes more sense for the laminate side to face in because it will be easier to clean with all the shoe scuff marks. Outside not laminate ok, go for the "raw" look to match your pallet..

So not a mistake! :D

GUYS!

If you had used CNS to do your gates, please check them now!

I checked and found a few small spots of rust. So ok, no problem i thought, take it down to spray black. To my horror, the underside of the gate is not painted at all!

So, we had to spray it, being in our area, we were told metal rust very quickly :(

Forgot to take before pics, so here are the after pics...

Horrified, i checked the wrought iron grilles. True enough, they did not spray the bottom of the grilles. So smart... :(

Think we will settle it another day... haiizz....

OMG! this is poor worksmanship, "Tuo Gong Jian Liao" and skyve on the underside.

Thanks for alerting the rest of the forumers.

hey gimz, innovative idea to use the ikea billy bookshelf for your shoe cabinet!

and your grilles/gates are really "pay peanuts, get monkey" leh..jia lat. lucky you bother to check and take down the gate to spray paint! their service ain't too good as well right? i spoke to a lady and she was quite obnoxious..

I just called CNS to ask them to come to spray paint the undone parts.

She will call me again tomorrow to arrange to come down.

Let's see if they honour their words.

hmm yeap, CNS turned out worse... not sure if anyone checks the bottom of the grilles...i for one had neglected to.. let it be a lesson to me and everyone who reads this. :)

my encounter with CNS is that sales guy is polite, but the person arranging for installation is quite bad. Workers are efficient, but damm bo chup. They did not put any thing to cover my laminated flooring when spraying paint.

So Strawberry, u better place lots of news papers to ensure that flooring is protected.

Overall, due to the price, i surely cannot complain much. Even if a little bit is rusty, just press the spray paint and its ok (for the time being.)

surely it will rust someday, especially in my area...but leaving it unpainted is not acceptable - even for the price. But well, we done it, so will move on.

Just want to highlight to people out there to be more careful in checking... :)

hey gimz, innovative idea to use the ikea billy bookshelf for your shoe cabinet!

and your grilles/gates are really "pay peanuts, get monkey" leh..jia lat. lucky you bother to check and take down the gate to spray paint! their service ain't too good as well right? i spoke to a lady and she was quite obnoxious..

:) thanks! we intended to get a billy anyway as a bookcase. But somehow the dimension fits our area exactly as a shoe rack.

so put there first. hah...

we also bought 1 shoe stacker from Daiso to try out...shall see if it is workable...afterall each shelf costs 10 from ikea...

anyway, Billy is really heavy!

Actually, if you think about it, it makes more sense for the laminate side to face in because it will be easier to clean with all the shoe scuff marks. Outside not laminate ok, go for the "raw" look to match your pallet..

So not a mistake! :D

thanks curryqueen!

we decided to try out, now looks better....hhaha...!

yes, blessing in disguise. :P

P1060312.jpg

Edited by gimz63251073

Our new toy

Got it from the thieves market. :)

Doubt it is usable, anyone wants to donate 10cents to try? :P

DSC02504.jpg

DSC02506.jpg

Did some DIY spray painting again...

Ikea breakfast tray - use to put laptop while lazing in bed...

P1060657.jpg

IKEA beside table - $16.90. Spray painted in dull black, strong enough to hold our new TV. :)

P1060654.jpg

Last but not least, our 200 hangers!!!

P1060548.jpg

Hey, are your TV wires on top? Didn't see any power plugs around.

yeap they are. :) this pic would show clearer.

our wire casings are all exposed, so hiding wires not much of a problem for us.

good thing is that we will always remember to off the powerpoint when not watching tv.

bad point is of cos....whole world see the wires.. :)

P1060547.jpg