Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ne0mesis

Fx-ea

Did you go down to the shop personally or call? I simply went there one day when I was free and bought the hinges and dampers without even bargaining. They just simply sold the stuffs to me without questions. If you have called, then it is possible that they just simply gave you the standard reply. When you are there physcially ready to buy and they will give you the discounted price?

Hi zhelinm, i called them. they juz gimme the price without any mention of discount... maybe u are right..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Elkay EC-22104 (Doble Equal Bowl - Undermount) Kitchen Sink

22104-02.jpg

now can someone tell me if i'm seeing things?

jus uploaded the sink pic and realised the bottom of the sink is not smooth but striped?!

jia latz la like that! must call up and check liao

The bottom of the sink is an add-on drainer, i was told. However, better to check cos the foreign talent who served me spoke accented English which was too difficult for me to understand and my market mandarin was not "powderful" enough to discuss the intricacies of sinks. I bought the other one with unequal bowl size after much deliberation, practicality won over aesthetics this time (the rounded inner edge is another plus). The equal bowl size you bought is really sleek. Good choice! :good:

Stainless Steel Dining Bench

ssbench-1.jpg

d a r n... 3.22 in the morning.

shall be patriotic and sing national anthem before i hit the bed. HA

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Wow...Super Sleek! where did you find it?

The bottom of the sink is an add-on drainer, i was told. However, better to check cos the foreign talent who served me spoke accented English which was too difficult for me to understand and my market mandarin was not "powderful" enough to discuss the intricacies of sinks. I bought the other one with unequal bowl size after much deliberation, practicality won over aesthetics this time (the rounded inner edge is another plus). The equal bowl size you bought is really sleek. Good choice! :good:

where u find it? i also was going for it but its took expensive for me to handle.. i saw it at OM..

tks tks! and no prizes for guessing where i get my elkay sink from ya! haha

where u find it? i also was going for it but its took expensive for me to handle.. i saw it at OM..

the stainless steel chair is from lush furniture.

they don't mass produce and i think the kim keat outlet has the only one now.

banned, trust me. lush is nicer.

i mean 2sets = 4 hydraulics :P

ooo suffice to say, we always see one is 2 sets la.. meaning 4 hydraulics right.

hahaha

DAY 14 - What a hacktus huh

cause is really a hiatus with my reno!

but to cut the long story short, hey hey.. hacking are all done (it better) finally!

entrance to kitchen hacked widened and touched up. also making way for the kitchen cabinets, flushing together with the bomb shelter

hackingcompleted1.jpg

another kitchen wall hacked and touched up to anticipate for open kitchen

hackincompleted2.jpg

mbr door frame removed and moved front. partial wall for wiw room hacked to make way for sliding glass

IMG_4109.jpg

tiling works has also commenced slightly on common toilet but...

IMG_4104.jpg

while i am open to different tiling layout and did share the idea of creating a taller bathroom by laying the tiles vertically, i remember id and i reverted back to horizontally in order to have the lines meet nicely. cause if you notice, the length of the feature wall tiles are slightly longer than the white ones beside it. the tiler already skillfully catch the line nicely at eye level but needless to say, some alignment would be off for the rest.

wife is worried that the floor tiles line would be even harder to catch together with the wall tiles' alignment. so wife insist that we halt the tiling works coming tues and asked if the the tiles are able to place the conventional horizontal way. I too share her concern but can't help feeling that hey, it may turn very nice doing the tiles this way! comments anyone? hai.. shall see how.

if all is good then,

am expecting the team to be going full swing with the tiling works for the rest of the week!

bro, my 5 cents opinion. i think lay the 30 x 60 tiles horizontally will be nicer... dats wat the tile people at Hafary advised me...

The bench is very nice! but the gripe I have is, will I be able to sit long without feeling the grooves on my butt when i am wearing my PJs.

bro, my 5 cents opinion. i think lay the 30 x 60 tiles horizontally will be nicer... dats wat the tile people at Hafary advised me...

tks, duly noted.

will be meeting id later.

so yea, decisions!

The bench is very nice! but the gripe I have is, will I be able to sit long without feeling the grooves on my butt when i am wearing my PJs.

haha... long addressed this issue.

been eying on this muji urethane low rebounding seat cushion @ $39 each to sit my small sensitive butt! haha. so buy 3 of it and the bench will be nicely done up liao

the past few days, i had no eyes for RT and seemingly, i now find it weird to see toilet bowl filled with water.

cause for days, my eyes have accustomed to see just only dry bowls without water and all i can make out from a toilet bowl is a just S or P trap. ha

so sitting on toilet bowls we went on the weekend and all in all, from then till now.. we had covered heritage, poh joo, poh seng, asia excel, ssc, home & bathroom and etc.. and boy are we sure familiar with the $258, $268 and $288 bowl + sink package that is going ard. but all that changed when we at home & bathroom.

citing poor flush system or easily glazed toilet bowl, the lady boss actually hoped for us to choose a Johnson Suuise for its reliability.

so in the end, we can't decide again and did not buy yet.

anyone been using the Baron or Cruizto from the package? any comments or review till date?

Baron bowl - single peice with simple clean design

HeritageBaronWC.jpg

Johnson Suisse - at min, a $100 - $150 cost differnce but more reliable and more luxurious feel i think

JSComoWC.jpg

as for the common bath room sink, we know we are courting trouble and almost can hear both side parents breathing down our neck if we chose the one on the right. but yea, likely we are choosing the one on the right. ha!

Common bath sink

criztovsgeocrema.jpg

decisions, decisions!

hope to hear from the floor ya

Edited by ne0mesis

Common bath sink

criztovsgeocrema.jpg

decisions, decisions!

hope to hear from the floor ya

hi neo

we had wanted to have the sink on the right too, but was cautioned (by the salesgirl hereself!) that if it will be difficult to clear if blockage etc. Also cleaning the "inside" may pose some challenge

I'm aso worried for u if u choose the one on the right. cleaning will have prob. And believe me, if prob with cleaning, u will be frustrated by the 3rd or 4th clean and it's either u will get a maid to do it or u wun do it at all!

I'm aso worried for u if u choose the one on the right. cleaning will have prob. And believe me, if prob with cleaning, u will be frustrated by the 3rd or 4th clean and it's either u will get a maid to do it or u wun do it at all!

True

After using "designer" looking stuff

Which looks good for 1 year... :rolleyes:

The reality of CLEANing it brought me back to earth :o

Next flat in CCK - easy to clean and maintain will be number#1 :P

:D

Kvn

Just my experience: For rain showers, its better to check you water pressure first. It should be at least 1.5bar. Of course 2-3 is idea. That was the recommendation from Hans grohe catalog.

so sitting on toilet bowls we went on the weekend and all in all, from then till now.. we had covered heritage, poh joo, poh seng, asia excel, ssc, home & bathroom and etc.. and boy are we sure familiar with the $258, $268 and $288 bowl + sink package that is going ard. but all that changed when we at home & bathroom.

citing poor flush system or easily glazed toilet bowl, the lady boss actually hoped for us to choose a Johnson Suuise for its reliability.

so in the end, we can't decide again and did not buy yet.

anyone been using the Baron or Cruizto from the package? any comments or review till date?

good call on the JS, its one of those brands you can't go wrong with - when i was a little boy & i learning to spell...johnson sussie was the longest word i could spell right :P

did the lady boss mention which brands had poor flusing or leakage issues? im really partial to crizto, support local brand & all right (but of coz not if they make crappy products rigth) but there is not much review on them & my contractor can't shed much light on crizto either...tough call...