Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yuene

Haus Of Yuene

i get what you mean too.. I too have OCPD, to the point where my towels need to be folded the exact same way, the cans in my pantry must be arranged by height and must have all the labels facing front... imagine living with someone who can find 2 wk old ice cream wrappers in his jean pocket!!!

don't get me started on dirty clothes mixed with clean ones... our helper now intercepts him when he goes to put clothes inito the closet and takes his clothes away with her to wash....

btw, how's the reno going?? how long more before hand over?

Yeeeks! 2 week old ice-cream wrappers *faint* I thought 1-week old soft drink bottles was bad enough. But yes, I also have to fold my clothes in the same way (and they must be in the right-sized oblong shape, cannot be too much bigger than the one above)... it kind of makes doing the laundry a bit difficult.

Reno is still a long way away from HO! My carpentry comes in sometime between this and next Saturday. I think this week will be the L-box and false ceiling (I saw the materials there yesterday), and painting. My own fault, of course; if i had bought my sink and tap on that weekend with the rest of the items, I would have gotten my carpentry in this week instead /annoyed at self. Then after that, they will do my laminates. Then touch-ups, any rectifications, and then finally HO. I think it'll be in the first week of November... again I can see it is going to be h*ell (this time, weeks!) for me.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yeeeks! 2 week old ice-cream wrappers *faint* I thought 1-week old soft drink bottles was bad enough. But yes, I also have to fold my clothes in the same way (and they must be in the right-sized oblong shape, cannot be too much bigger than the one above)... it kind of makes doing the laundry a bit difficult.

Reno is still a long way away from HO! My carpentry comes in sometime between this and next Saturday. I think this week will be the L-box and false ceiling (I saw the materials there yesterday), and painting. My own fault, of course; if i had bought my sink and tap on that weekend with the rest of the items, I would have gotten my carpentry in this week instead /annoyed at self. Then after that, they will do my laminates. Then touch-ups, any rectifications, and then finally HO. I think it'll be in the first week of November... again I can see it is going to be h*ell (this time, weeks!) for me.

hohoho! my targeted HO is also on first week of nov! :sport-smiley-004:

hohoho! my targeted HO is also on first week of nov! :sport-smiley-004:

Wahahaha! I think then my HO will definitely be beyond that then, since I started later!

Wahahaha! I think then my HO will definitely be beyond that then, since I started later!

depends i think. maybe can really be on the same week. lol

i like the mild stripes, very subtle...we too are into light contrasts :good:

^^ Thanks! I like these tiles particularly because they draw the eye in that direction, and (hopefully) will make the room look bigger (yeah RIGHT)... also because I get tired of things very easily, so I guess I chose something that will keep me satisfied for longer (because there's nothing to get tired of! Wahahahaha)

depends i think. maybe can really be on the same week. lol

Haha hopefully bah! But then not very good, later he cannot concentrate on one or the other...

Haha hopefully bah! But then not very good, later he cannot concentrate on one or the other...

true. but i think he's meticulous enough. he managed to notice that one of my built up wall is slightly slanted and got his workers to redo it over the weekend when i didn't even notice it.

true. but i think he's meticulous enough. he managed to notice that one of my built up wall is slightly slanted and got his workers to redo it over the weekend when i didn't even notice it.

That's good! He's also getting the plumber to rectify my slanted pipes too... jia you jia you!

I know la, but sometimes it's just... very jarring... I mean, even I tend to be messy at times, but hers is... WOW.... o_O

Just thankful that pinkhubby is not all that messy, though he tends to throw clothes any-old-where... I have a horror story about one time I mistook his dirty clothes for clean ones, but I shall refrain from sharing that story....

I don't leave my clothes everywhere! There is a method to my madness! :bleah:

Haha, if you talk about OCPD, my mum is the worst! the moment see our hse, a little dusty only, bring out the mop and start cleaning for us... > <

Quick update on Day 49

Painting's completed, as are the L-box and false ceiling. The electrician is now at my place fixing up the lights and fans. Pictures later.

Day 51

Part 1: Things come crawling out of the woodwork

I received an SMS from my contractor this morning:

C: Oh gosh! I wanna faint liao, Carpentry is here today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y: Yay!!!!

You faint why I so happy arg

C: Zero sum game, I faint you happy, I happy u faint!!!

So being the highly excitable type (helps that the office is only 10 minutes away), I made a trip down to my place. And true enough,

Carpentry1.jpg

Carpentry3.jpg

The cupboards greeted me the moment I stepped out of the lift.

Carpentry2.jpg

Full height cabinet lying on its side...

Painting's also been done. Not much to see here, since the whole house is white, but a couple of walls aren't:

Studypaint.jpg

Nope, no pink study room! Pinkhubby chose aquamarine instead, for a nice contrast from the otherwise boring white.

MBRwall.jpg

And my choice for the bedroom wall, so that we would have something nice in lieu of the bed head.

Edited by yuene

Part 2: And then there was light

While I was there, I looked at my switches--they'd taken off most of the masking tape. Does that mean... So littlemissitchyfingers presses a switch, and...

Livingroomalllightson.jpg

I know it's very childish of me (no judging!), but I squealed in delight because NOW I CAN SEE MY HOUSE AT NIGHT!!!! Wahahahahaha~ My living room lights are up, with just regular white lights for most of it, and warm white for the fan light. I'm kind of glad now that I picked up the fan with the light like that, because I think it would have been significantly darker otherwise. I will still dress up the place with floor lamps and table lamps but I'm just glad to have this one as well.

Diningroom.jpg

The dining room lights. Keeping it simple because I want to dress the table. I'll be hanging a mirror around that height too.

Studylight.jpg

My study room light (and my elephant toe in the corner)

Icecube.jpg

Ice cube at the foyer isn't on because they haven't fixed the bulb yet...