Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yuene

Haus Of Yuene

wardrobe.jpg

My walk-in wardrobe light! Since I couldn't go for the chandelier, I decided to go for the simple elegant light. My bedroom lights are just 3 round white tracklights on a 1m track.

I won't recommand you such lights = ( because of the bottom cover, if you do not remove it to clean it like weekly, you can see dead bugs accumulate there like everytime.. I must say the pattern is pretty, but when you see the dead bugs acumulate there, i tell you.. the feeling is.. eeeyerr..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

carisella: Well, true, but then again, my house doesn't have that many bugs, so it should be fine. I'll probably clean it every 2 weeks or so. When I'm done installing it and have been using it for a while I'll let you know :)

reizzz: no wonder la. Good leh, your wife help you to save money!

Day 22: A quick update

Popped by my place during lunchtime today. Kitchen tiles and cabinet bases are all done up (but no pictures, as the tiles are being protected by cardboard boxes). Plastering has begun--they've finished the study/kids' room and the foyer area. Living room ceiling is slowly being plastered too.

study.jpg

Study room lights. I made my hb choose his own light because he will be using the study room more than I will. So he chose this one. He asked if it came in pink! URGH. I'll never understand why he likes that colour.

Toilet.jpg

My toilet light. I've always known I wanted a milo tin light for my toilet light.

shouldnt it be the other way round? hubby choosing the milo tin light and while you should be asking for pink? haha..

to put it nicely, wa your hubby really metrosexual (i still don't know if this is the official word) huh?

Day 22: A quick update

Popped by my place during lunchtime today. Kitchen tiles and cabinet bases are all done up (but no pictures, as the tiles are being protected by cardboard boxes). Plastering has begun--they've finished the study/kids' room and the foyer area. Living room ceiling is slowly being plastered too.

oooo.... i love plastered walls.. so silky smooth.

alas, i didnt want to incur any more cost for the reno.. so i ask also never ask at all

shouldnt it be the other way round? hubby choosing the milo tin light and while you should be asking for pink? haha..

to put it nicely, wa your hubby really metrosexual (i still don't know if this is the official word) huh?

That's why!!! But dunno leh, I don't like the colour pink--in small amounts maybe still can, but a whole room in pink (which he suggested and I told him "dear, if you EVER paint our study pink, I will immediately file for divorce")... I think I cannot take it, I might spontaneously explode. I like the stainless steel, concrete, white, grey and black look. I always kid my hb that he is secretly a woman and I'm secretly a man... in the end, it all evens out I think! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oooo.... i love plastered walls.. so silky smooth.

Me too!!!!!

That's why!!! But dunno leh, I don't like the colour pink--in small amounts maybe still can, but a whole room in pink (which he suggested and I told him "dear, if you EVER paint our study pink, I will immediately file for divorce")... I think I cannot take it, I might spontaneously explode. I like the stainless steel, concrete, white, grey and black look. I always kid my hb that he is secretly a woman and I'm secretly a man... in the end, it all evens out I think! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

paint the study pink??? i'll expedite it, go to a firm and bring you the papers too. THAT'S TOO MUCH! hahahaha

eh, quite similar. i'm more of stainless steel, concrete, grey person.

but wife is pro white white and insist that cement screeded floor or too industrial look is out. so gotta meet each other halfway

so you can say our house design even out too. hahaha

paint the study pink??? i'll expedite it, go to a firm and bring you the papers too. THAT'S TOO MUCH! hahahaha

but wife is pro white white and insist that cement screeded floor or too industrial look is out. so gotta meet each other halfway

my wife is also pro white. whole study and wardrobe is in white. lol

initially wanted the kitchen cabinet to be white also but decided not to since she'll be cooking often. so we're afraid it'll turn yellow too soon.

Don't say lor. His netbook is already pink in colour. Every time he whips it out in public, I cringe inwardly.

The stainless steel look is just so clean and nice! Actually, it would go quite well with a white colour theme as well...nvm la, at least your dining table has the concrete screed look! Very nice lor! :dribble:

initially wanted the kitchen cabinet to be white also but decided not to since she'll be cooking often. so we're afraid it'll turn yellow too soon.

Eep! I cook pretty often (2-3 times a week)... my cabinets are in white! Looks like I'll be spending the better half of my life cleaning... :~

Eep! I cook pretty often (2-3 times a week)... my cabinets are in white! Looks like I'll be spending the better half of my life cleaning... :~

if not cooking oily stuff should be still manageable i guess. lol

Anyway, just to post up my plastering photos:

plaster.jpg

Study room is completely finished! My contractor did drop by as well and mmsed the photos to me.

Noticed a little something though, not sure if I should point it out to him on Saturday...

ummm.jpg

The plasterer used this PVC(? I don't know, it looks like metal to me) strip to make the corners straight. When the plastering was done, I realised that I could still see the strip under the plaster. Is that something that I should be worried about or ask them to redo?

Continuing on the purchasing done on Saturday...

Part 3: Where I learn that prioritizing is not my strongest suit

After confirming our purchases with Asia Excel, my hb and I were initially headed off to Evensong service, but along the way, something caught my eye:

shoe.jpg

Okay, actually, this wasn't the one that originally caught my attention, the one that really did draw my attention had a slightly different design. We both looked at it and agreed that it was nice! But on second thoughts, I realised that the amount of storage space was actually lesser than the cabinet next to it, which was this one *points above*. Simply put, the one above is deeper, which means that while my hb has to store his shoes sideways regardless of which cabinet we purchase, 2 of my shoes can be stored per shelf on this one, unlike the other (I secretly tested it out while no one was looking). Since the number of shelves are the same for both, that means that I technically get more storage space. Add that to the two drawers on top that can be used to dump all the random barang (I'm such a **** for storage space), and the fact that this one was almost $100 cheaper, and we were both sold.

My hb was a bit loathe to pay for the delivery charge of $30, so his solution was:

Buy something else to go with it so that we won't have to pay for delivery.

To which I was a bit like "HUH???? Spend more money to save money?!?!!" But, since he's the one who's paying, who really cares, right? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... so we browsed around the store for a dining table. I initially wanted to get the one in advancer's dining room 3D because it was just so nice, but when we looked at the price tag, *ahem*.

But right next to it was this:

Table.jpg

You know how sometimes when you look at something, you just know it's THE ONE? Well...it wasn't! I was too busy looking at the other table to notice this one really; plus, I'd taken one glance at it and thought "meh, too small". But after I looked again, I thought it was very much the table I wanted--clean lines and nice design. The price tag was also a draw; almost a third of its original cost. Then the salesperson told me "Oh, this table has storage on both sides under the table" and opened the sides to demonstrate. We bought it on the spot (told you I'm a **** for storage). We got 4 of these chairs to go with it:

photo6.jpg

I would have liked to get the leather ones that were next to the set, but knowing my cats and future children *SIGH* the chairs wouldn't survive a day with them around. So we opted for something a little less aesthetically pleasing but more sensible.

Damage done: Slightly over $1.1K for everything (free delivery, to my hb's glee -___-|||)

Store: Star Furniture

The goods come in first week of November. Will review the store then.

it's metal if i remembered correctly. i guess you don't have to worry about it. my hacked walls can also see the strip during the plastering stages but now can't can't see the strip at all. lol

it's metal if i remembered correctly. i guess you don't have to worry about it. my hacked walls can also see the strip during the plastering stages but now can't can't see the strip at all. lol

Ooh okay! Then should be fine bah...

Continuing on the purchasing done on Saturday...

Part 3: Where I learn that prioritizing is not my strongest suit

shoe.jpg

Okay, actually, this wasn't the one that originally caught my attention, the one that really did draw my attention had a slightly different design. We both looked at it and agreed that it was nice! But on second thoughts, I realised that the amount of storage space was actually lesser than the cabinet next to it, which was this one *points above*. Simply put, the one above is deeper, which means that while my hb has to store his shoes sideways regardless of which cabinet we purchase, 2 of my shoes can be stored per shelf on this one, unlike the other (I secretly tested it out while no one was looking). Since the number of shelves are the same for both, that means that I technically get more storage space. Add that to the two drawers on top that can be used to dump all the random barang (I'm such a **** for storage space), and the fact that this one was almost $100 cheaper, and we were both sold.

My hb was a bit loathe to pay for the delivery charge of $30, so his solution was:

Buy something else to go with it so that we won't have to pay for delivery.

To which I was a bit like "HUH???? Spend more money to save money?!?!!" But, since he's the one who's paying, who really cares, right? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... so we browsed around the store for a dining table. I initially wanted to get the one in advancer's dining room 3D because it was just so nice, but when we looked at the price tag, *ahem*.

But right next to it was this:

Table.jpg

You know how sometimes when you look at something, you just know it's THE ONE? Well...it wasn't! I was too busy looking at the other table to notice this one really; plus, I'd taken one glance at it and thought "meh, too small". But after I looked again, I thought it was very much the table I wanted--clean lines and nice design. The price tag was also a draw; almost a third of its original cost. Then the salesperson told me "Oh, this table has storage on both sides under the table" and opened the sides to demonstrate. We bought it on the spot (told you I'm a **** for storage). We got 4 of these chairs to go with it:

photo6.jpg

I would have liked to get the leather ones that were next to the set, but knowing my cats and future children *SIGH* the chairs wouldn't survive a day with them around. So we opted for something a little less aesthetically pleasing but more sensible.

hahaha... since yr hubby likes pink, i would say he's soooo cute to think of saving that $30 by buying more.

but oh well, buying to your heart's content and esp when they are items that are love at first sight, what's stopping you right? ha

hey... i noticed many white color too eh

Anyway, just to post up my plastering photos:

plaster.jpg

Study room is completely finished! My contractor did drop by as well and mmsed the photos to me.

Noticed a little something though, not sure if I should point it out to him on Saturday...

ummm.jpg

The plasterer used this PVC(? I don't know, it looks like metal to me) strip to make the corners straight. When the plastering was done, I realised that I could still see the strip under the plaster. Is that something that I should be worried about or ask them to redo?

the material used to get that 90 deg corner is plastic strips. my house also undergoing plastering now. some portions also slightly exposed. I supposed they should touch it up later on, otherwise if painted over can cover we also don't know...