Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yuene

Haus Of Yuene

Day One: The Hacking Begins

So, after a VERY exhausting weekend (where my poor dad had to ferry me between Extra Space, my house and his house, and I had to run for training), the hacking begins! My contractor called me today to ask if I'd found someone to take down the aircon units from my house; I replied that I hadn't, and asked him to get his aircon person to do it--I know it's probably cheaper somewhere else, but at this point in time, I'm feeling so harried I'd rather pay the extra amount to get it done fuss-free! He also informed me that he would be going down in the afternoon to take a look.

Halfway through my meeting minutes, I receive an mms:

tilesgone.jpg

They've begun to chip away at the 70s-era tiles in my kitchen!

Mykitchentrashed.jpg

The old cupboards are also going... (FINALLY)

And...

byebye.jpg

Apparently I've become a member of the Workers' Party in the meantime...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
byebye.jpg

Apparently I've become a member of the Workers' Party in the meantime...

lol not bad. your hammer is "drawn" using masking tape, mine was hand drawn.

i think he will mms you almost everyday if there's work done, esp hacking.

wah, start work liao!!! Jia you, house will be swee swee soon! reizzz, hers need to be pasted lah, draw cannot c cos of the dark-coloured wall.

yeah, mms almost everyday unless he forget to send or forget to take...

Edited by samgalz

reizzz: Ya lor, the whole house everything else is drawn-on hammer with a marker, only that one is by masking tape--then again, only for that wall the whole thing is coming down. It look super cute la! I feel like drawing something underneath it :P

samgalz: Thanks! Starting to feel quite excited about the whole thing. ^^ Wondering what the progress will be like later...

wah, start work liao!!! Jia you, house will be swee swee soon! reizzz, hers need to be pasted lah, draw cannot c cos of the dark-coloured wall.

yeah, mms almost everyday unless he forget to send or forget to take...

ya lor. unless got neon color marker.. lol

reizzz: Ya lor, the whole house everything else is drawn-on hammer with a marker, only that one is by masking tape--then again, only for that wall the whole thing is coming down. It look super cute la! I feel like drawing something underneath it :P

samgalz: Thanks! Starting to feel quite excited about the whole thing. ^^ Wondering what the progress will be like later...

lol if wanna draw then draw faster, before they hack it down. :D

lol if wanna draw then draw faster, before they hack it down. :D

Haha! I think they are taking that wall down today liao! Can you imagine...

Worker about to raise hammer to smash on wall, then I run in, scream "NOOOOOOO WAIIIIIIIIIT" then when everyone freeze in place, I quickly go there, draw a pigface, take photo and then say "okay, carry on"

I think the workers will all think I'm MAD.

Worker about to raise hammer to smash on wall, then I run in, scream "NOOOOOOO WAIIIIIIIIIT" then when everyone freeze in place, I quickly go there, draw a pigface, take photo and then say "okay, carry on"

:D :D

:rofl: :rofl:

Your ID actually MMS you updates on the Reno?

Wow? This is the first time I heard of such good IDs :)

Hope when it's my turn I can engage such good IDs..

Shall camp here for Updates :)

I'm waiting for my BTO to go UP and i think it's still FLAT!! :unsure:

And guess what.. I'm so kiasu, I'd already draw out the floor plans, choose the lightings, carpentry liao :bangwall: :bangwall:

And half way through drawing the 3D which is gonna take me forever if my hubby's just gonna stand there and :lol: at my drawing when he's more professional than i am..

No we are not IDs.. He's a Engineer and I'm an Accounts Asst..

And we have super loads of catalogs in office =D (we like to call it.. blessing in disguise) ;)

Your ID actually MMS you updates on the Reno?

Wow? This is the first time I heard of such good IDs :)

Hope when it's my turn I can engage such good IDs..

Shall camp here for Updates :)

I'm waiting for my BTO to go UP and i think it's still FLAT!! :unsure:

And guess what.. I'm so kiasu, I'd already draw out the floor plans, choose the lightings, carpentry liao :bangwall: :bangwall:

And half way through drawing the 3D which is gonna take me forever if my hubby's just gonna stand there and :lol: at my drawing when he's more professional than i am..

No we are not IDs.. He's a Engineer and I'm an Accounts Asst..

And we have super loads of catalogs in office =D (we like to call it.. blessing in disguise) ;)

Hihi Carisella!

Yeah, my contractor (he's not an ID, actually) seems to have a strange habit of sending mmses (just like he has a funny habit of putting in SMEG fridges in 3Ds), but not a bad thing, really; especially when I'm now a bit too busy to pop by my place to check on progress. I haven't been up there since hacking started, despite my workplace being 10mins away. And don't worry! I was also very kiasu (okay la, maybe not until choose carpentry etc)... I started planning my reno in early 2008! 2.5 years in the making. Looking back, I have no idea how I managed to have so much patience. Where's your BTO, and when is the date that you're expected to receive your keys?

Day Two: A phone call...

My contractor called at noon; he informed me that he was about to place the order for my tiles, but needed to clarify something. The first choice tile for my kitchen was far more expensive, being $4psf, whereas my second-choice tiles were about $2.60psf. If I went with the first choice, I'd have to top-up, whereas for the second, there would be no need to. So, being the cheapskate that I am, I said sure, go ahead with the second-choice tiles. He also informed me that he would be ordering the tiles in 60 x 60, rather than the 30 x60 that I originally chose them in. We'd gone through this before, when he told me that a 30 x 60 would have more grout lines and he promised to check for 60 x 60.

He'll be dropping by the house later to take a look at the progress, so maybe there'll be more MMSes later today. reizzz, looks like lao niang here no chance to graffiti my own wall liao...

lol! i'm sure they will be like this -> O.O

lol! i'm sure they will be like this -> O.O

I think so too! Then when he comes down to inspect, they will be like, "Boss, just now got one siao char bor come here and leave this *points to pigface*"

I think so too! Then when he comes down to inspect, they will be like, "Boss, just now got one siao char bor come here and leave this *points to pigface*"

lol then i think he will call you and ask if you like really pigface so much

lol then i think he will call you and ask if you like really pigface so much

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! I will just disavow all knowledge of the pigface. But I must say that the pigs in the Angry Bird app is super funny!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! I will just disavow all knowledge of the pigface. But I must say that the pigs in the Angry Bird app is super funny!

lol! no wonder you wanna draw pig face :rofl:

yuene, if u do that I think he will faint. wahaha...

he want to become superman liao. jus now fly to marine terrace then now going your place....still got my friend's place in sengkang (not on RT). not sure about mylica's reno how liao...

I was teasing him the other day "boss, heard u very busy recently, busy means more $$...good lah! :D" and he reply me "dun call me boss lah, later my boss fry me like ikan bilis!" WHAHAHAHA~ but he did tell me he is not taking in more projects at the time being cos he dun wan to ta pak the current projects, he want to maintain quality and standard :good: so yuene, u lucky u booked him early wor, my friend's friend kena rejected liao.