Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yuene

Haus Of Yuene

titanax: Haha, thanks... let me guess, you're a guy?

jaskel: Thanks! I hope so too...

Anyway, floorplan!

floorplan2.jpg

The previous owner hacked away the store room between the two bedrooms, making the second bedroom really HUGE. Not surprising, considering how many people there were in the family--that bedroom was for the grandfather, 3 children and one uncle.

And what I intend to do...

3room.jpg

I know, it looks VERY familiar; in fact, it looks a lot like alamak's! In fact, after discussion with my contractor, it's almost exactly the same (not on purpose though... I only realised it after I'd gone home and was browsing the t-blogs) Sorry la, I guess we had the same idea, that's why.

We're reducing the size of the second bedroom, and creating a space for the walk-in wardrobe. The second bedroom will be used first as our computer room, and secondly as our future children's room. The living room has no TV, as my husband and I don't watch TV at all. It'll be used instead as my reading area, and I'm going to get a nice quirky bookshelf for the room.

Edited by yuene

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

jaskel: Thanks! I hope so too...

Anyway, floorplan!

floorplan2.jpg

The previous owner hacked away the store room between the two bedrooms, making the second bedroom really HUGE. Not surprising, considering how many people there were in the family--that bedroom was for the grandfather, 3 children and one uncle.

3room.jpg

I know, it looks VERY familiar; in fact, it looks a lot like alamak's! In fact, after discussion with Edmund, it's almost exactly the same (not on purpose though... I only realised it after I'd gone home and was browsing the t-blogs) Sorry la, I guess we had the same idea, that's why.

We're reducing the size of the second bedroom, and creating a space for the walk-in wardrobe. The second bedroom will be used first as our computer room, and secondly as our future children's room. The living room has no TV, as my husband and I don't watch TV at all. It'll be used instead as my reading area, and I'm going to get a nice quirky bookshelf for the room.

Hi Yuene, we have almost similar layout ... except mine is 3i with floor area 73 sqm ... good luck on your reno :D

yes ma'am ;)

The living room has no TV, as my husband and I don't watch TV at all. It'll be used instead as my reading area, and I'm going to get a nice quirky bookshelf for the room.

wow, this world we live in where almost everyone has a tv (some even 2) in their bedroom, you are a rare breed! you must have some interesting hobbies to keep you otherwise engaged :P

durianlane: Ooh! Another 3-roomer! Do you have a t-blog?

yes ma'am ;)

wow, this world we live in where almost everyone has a tv (some even 2) in their bedroom, you are a rare breed! you must have some interesting hobbies to keep you otherwise engaged :P

Actually, it's a combination of factors. I guess you could blame it partly on poor programming on TV (when I was still living with my mum I watched all of 2 channels)--after a while, all the Channel 8 dramas are the same faces, same plot. I also dance salsa frequently, so I'm not home early on most days, and when I am, I just end up reading and sleeping.

Kitchen 3Ds have arrived! Will upload them once I have the time.

3room.jpg

I know, it looks VERY familiar; in fact, it looks a lot like alamak's! In fact, after discussion with Edmund, it's almost exactly the same (not on purpose though... I only realised it after I'd gone home and was browsing the t-blogs) Sorry la, I guess we had the same idea, that's why.

Very nice, just a note on the MBR toilet, it's a tad to cozy and I wonder if there is enough space for you to tilt your WC.

Hi ossify,

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, it might be too cramped to tilt my loo (if it is even doable at all). But if I put a sink there, it'll get a bit crowded. I'm now looking for possible alternatives...

Oh yes, kitchen 3Ds! Sorry for the delay, work has been a bit mad since yesterday morning.

kit1a.jpg

kit1b.jpg

kit1c.jpg

And, just to amuse everyone:

IMG_7442.jpg

My no. 3, whom I affectionately call 'Little'.

Anyway, floorplan!

floorplan2.jpg

3room.jpg

And, just to amuse everyone:

IMG_7442.jpg

My no. 3, whom I affectionately call 'Little'.

jus catching up on yr reno blog. anywayz, i suppose i can't say welcome to tblog cause you definitely have started it way before me.

but then decorum applies... "welcome to tblog". haha

yea, when i first saw the floorplan, the first thing tat came to me is boy, is the room huge!

sometimes i think i use the internet more than the tv.

plus you have a little (which i used to have one and I name it "Ah Fu". haha). so no tv, why not?!

i take my word back. I am a sucker for mythbusters.

ha

Edited by ne0mesis

Hihi,

the 3D drawn to scale? the wall which the chute is on, based on the floor plan its only 550. So might be too shallow if the kitchen cabinets are 550cm. Also noticed that there is very little preparation area for cooking. (maybe you cook less often?) :)

i like the idea of no tv. I wanted no tv in living room as i enjoy watching tv in bedroom. but wifey says must buy for guests to watch.. :(

the size of bedrooms of old 3 room flats are so much bigger! :)

jus catching up on yr reno blog. anywayz, i suppose i can't say welcome to tblog cause you definitely have started it way before me.

but then decorum applies... "welcome to tblog". haha

yea, when i first saw the floorplan, the first thing tat came to me is boy, is the room huge!

sometimes i think i use the internet more than the tv.

plus you have a little (which i used to have one and I name it "Ah Fu". haha). so no tv, why not?!

i take my word back. I am a sucker for mythbusters.

ha

Haha ne0mesis, thanks for the 'welcome'!

Little's real name is Cecilia, but because she's younger and smaller than the other two, I ended up calling her 'Little' for fun. Do you have any cats now?

Hihi,

the 3D drawn to scale? the wall which the chute is on, based on the floor plan its only 550. So might be too shallow if the kitchen cabinets are 550cm. Also noticed that there is very little preparation area for cooking. (maybe you cook less often?) :)

i like the idea of no tv. I wanted no tv in living room as i enjoy watching tv in bedroom. but wifey says must buy for guests to watch.. :(

the size of bedrooms of old 3 room flats are so much bigger! :)

yup, the 3D is drawn more or less to scale, following the dimensions of the floor plan given by HDB (because I'm a stickler for accuracy that way--guess it's my OCD speaking). The kitchen cabinets won't be flush with the wall where the chute will be (even now they are not), but I'm fine with that. I sporadically cook a lot, like many weeks I won't cook, and then suddenly I will cook 4 times a week, and I do have friends over once every two months for parties and dinners, but I'm quite used to a small preparation area; plus, that's what my dining table will be for, too! If that's not sufficient, I'll probably end up putting a small movable island in the kitchen for the times when I need a bit more prep space.

Heh, what the wife says is LAW, especially with regards to home and decor! It's the same in my house too (I try not to be a dictator about it though)

I agree, 3 room flats in old estates tend to be pretty huge. :) I love Clementi!

Okay, I need some opinions here:

I have a strong preference for ceiling fans, as I like my air to be fresh and circulated. I don't have a culture of switching on the aircon, because I don't like the cold, and I also have sinus problems that can trigger my asthma, especially when I sleep. So it's unlikely that I will install an aircon in my bedroom.

However, I do entertain at least once every 2 months, and my living room can get pretty warm and stuffy when a lot of people are there (usually upwards of 12 people). I was going to install an aircon in my study room for my husband when his friends come over for games, and a ceiling fan for everyday use in my living room; but I was also thinking of having 2 units in my living/dining area (considering the length of my place). Firstly, can I install a compressor that runs 3 units in a 3-room flat in the first place, and secondly, will it look weird to have 1 ceiling fan and two aircons? I don't like the idea of standing fans or wall mounted fans...

Okay, I need some opinions here:

I have a strong preference for ceiling fans, as I like my air to be fresh and circulated. I don't have a culture of switching on the aircon, because I don't like the cold, and I also have sinus problems that can trigger my asthma, especially when I sleep. So it's unlikely that I will install an aircon in my bedroom.

However, I do entertain at least once every 2 months, and my living room can get pretty warm and stuffy when a lot of people are there (usually upwards of 12 people). I was going to install an aircon in my study room for my husband when his friends come over for games, and a ceiling fan for everyday use in my living room; but I was also thinking of having 2 units in my living/dining area (considering the length of my place). Firstly, can I install a compressor that runs 3 units in a 3-room flat in the first place, and secondly, will it look weird to have 1 ceiling fan and two aircons? I don't like the idea of standing fans or wall mounted fans...

hey yuene, yes you can get a system-3 aircon for your place. i'm using a system 4!

i don't think it will look weird with a ceiling fan & 2 aircons, as long as they're not too close together..

hello Yuene

finally your blog has been revived!!

like your layout...and am I wrong or what, but one of your bathrooms would being converted to a dry kitchen?

i see only 1 bathroom at the masterbedroom :D

lilithfiend: Ooh okay. Hmmm... I was thinking whether it would be weird if they're both along the same wall (one approximately above the sofa, the other above the dining table area). Kind of strange, right? Plus, not too efficient.

pixie: Haha! no, I just got a bit lazy to fill in that part, because I'm not going to redo that bathroom.