Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yuene

Haus Of Yuene

lilithfiend: Ooh okay. Hmmm... I was thinking whether it would be weird if they're both along the same wall (one approximately above the sofa, the other above the dining table area). Kind of strange, right? Plus, not too efficient.

no leh..my MIL's place has 2 aircons on one wall, one opp. sofa, one opp. dining table. but hers is a 5-rm lah. for 3-rm, not sure how far apart your aircons will be but in terms of appearance, i don't think it'll be weird. in terms of efficiency, maybe you wanna check if one unit is sufficient for the space.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Haha ne0mesis, thanks for the 'welcome'!

Little's real name is Cecilia, but because she's younger and smaller than the other two, I ended up calling her 'Little' for fun. Do you have any cats now?

yup, the 3D is drawn more or less to scale, following the dimensions of the floor plan given by HDB (because I'm a stickler for accuracy that way--guess it's my OCD speaking). The kitchen cabinets won't be flush with the wall where the chute will be (even now they are not), but I'm fine with that. I sporadically cook a lot, like many weeks I won't cook, and then suddenly I will cook 4 times a week, and I do have friends over once every two months for parties and dinners, but I'm quite used to a small preparation area; plus, that's what my dining table will be for, too! If that's not sufficient, I'll probably end up putting a small movable island in the kitchen for the times when I need a bit more prep space.

Heh, what the wife says is LAW, especially with regards to home and decor! It's the same in my house too (I try not to be a dictator about it though)

I agree, 3 room flats in old estates tend to be pretty huge. :) I love Clementi!

the cat i used to affectionally call ah fu is not my cat actually, jus tat she loves to laze outside my corridor, so we kinda "adopt" it as well.

I love to have a cat at home actually (cause they're cleaner and less smell) but wife thinks otherwise. she prefers a dog. but i don't fancy dog smell. so yea, not going to have pets. ha

movable kitchen island! I like. haha

Okay, I need some opinions here:

I have a strong preference for ceiling fans, as I like my air to be fresh and circulated. I don't have a culture of switching on the aircon, because I don't like the cold, and I also have sinus problems that can trigger my asthma, especially when I sleep. So it's unlikely that I will install an aircon in my bedroom.

However, I do entertain at least once every 2 months, and my living room can get pretty warm and stuffy when a lot of people are there (usually upwards of 12 people). I was going to install an aircon in my study room for my husband when his friends come over for games, and a ceiling fan for everyday use in my living room; but I was also thinking of having 2 units in my living/dining area (considering the length of my place). Firstly, can I install a compressor that runs 3 units in a 3-room flat in the first place, and secondly, will it look weird to have 1 ceiling fan and two aircons? I don't like the idea of standing fans or wall mounted fans...

you have a long living room so is fine.. but my suggestion is that you flank the aircon units along the wall where the main door is. at least, when guests step into the house, they won't be greeted by the air con units. just gotta consider how the piping goes to reach that wall. my 2 cents view.

I have a strong preference for ceiling fans, as I like my air to be fresh and circulated. I don't have a culture of switching on the aircon, because I don't like the cold, and I also have sinus problems that can trigger my asthma, especially when I sleep. So it's unlikely that I will install an aircon in my bedroom.

However, I do entertain at least once every 2 months, and my living room can get pretty warm and stuffy when a lot of people are there (usually upwards of 12 people). I was going to install an aircon in my study room for my husband when his friends come over for games, and a ceiling fan for everyday use in my living room; but I was also thinking of having 2 units in my living/dining area (considering the length of my place). Firstly, can I install a compressor that runs 3 units in a 3-room flat in the first place, and secondly, will it look weird to have 1 ceiling fan and two aircons? I don't like the idea of standing fans or wall mounted fans...

Hey Yuene,

We made the mistake of not having ceiling fans in our current place, so will be having those in the new one. Will also have aircon in all the rooms though I have a bit of a sinus problem too, but the hubby cannot sleep w/o aircon, so no choice. ;) Solution for sinus- nasal spray! Works wonders.

Our new living/dining area in the new place is also fairly large. Will be installing a ceiling fan in the living room. We swung from NOT having aircon in that area, now to having a big *** blower (about 26,000) which is also more to be used when entertaining. Think in your case case it'll depend on where you position your two aircons - too close and it probably would look weird. I too don't like the idea of standing fans or wall mounted fans. Think in terms of air circulation ceiling fans are still the best.

On a fuzzier note - Cecilia is so cute!! What breed is she? How about your other two cats? Heh heh - once you have one pet, you usually end up with more. We have two cats (you can see them in our 'Moments of OM' blog - linked in my signature). My dream would be to have a floor to ceiling cat tree for them, but doubt I can convince the hubby to give up that much space for a cat tree. Heh heh.

lilith: Hmm...I was thinking of putting them one above the sofa area, and the other close to where the kitchen starts. I was also wondering if it would be possible to stick with just one unit, but would there be a aircon powerful enough?

Thanks for the advice!

ne0mesis: Hmmm I didn't consider the aesthetic part, actually. I'm going to have a false ceiling at the dining room portion, and an L-box around the living room. I was wondering if I could hide the piping in there?

haha, that's cute! Cats can sense when people like them or not... I also don't like the doggy smell, plus I'm very frightened of loud noises, so I can't keep a small dog. I like big dogs though.

lachesis: Yeah, ceiling fans are just better in terms of the air circulation capacity; my living room is always so much cooler than my bedroom, because of the fan. Standing fans really take up too much space, and honestly speaking, they break down far too quickly!

Cece will be pleased to hear that! She's a street cat (same as my other two) who followed my friend's friend home, but his mum made noise and they had to find a home for her in 1 day or she'd end up in the SPCA. And of course at 9 weeks and a crooked tail, she wouldn't stand a chance. So I agreed to take her in. Here's my other two:

Elaine:

22472_234493232341_591202341_313861.jpg

And Wenwen:

22472_234493257341_591202341_313862.jpg

And one more of Cecilia, because this one is just so funny:

29297_397203837341_591202341_399426.jpg

Your Winterfire and Tinker are sooo pretty! I love Winterfire's coat... How old is she?

ne0mesis: Hmmm I didn't consider the aesthetic part, actually. I'm going to have a false ceiling at the dining room portion, and an L-box around the living room. I was wondering if I could hide the piping in there?

haha, that's cute! Cats can sense when people like them or not... I also don't like the doggy smell, plus I'm very frightened of loud noises, so I can't keep a small dog. I like big dogs though.

i suppose you can.. jus make the works are coordinated then.

happy renoing!

Yup, totally agree that stand fans take up too much space. Also bit bit unwieldy to use. Due to the lack of ceiling fans, we bought a stand fan, and it moves from room to room with us when the weather's really hot. A bit troublesome but bo pian. Hmm, your living room is quite long - maybe 2 aircons would be better than 1. This way you could also cool one side faster than the other, depending on which side you're at. Single blower will have to work harder. My 2 cents. :D

Good on you for giving Cece a home. :good: Oh, Tinker has a kink at the end of his tail too, but he's so fluffy you can't really see it.

Winterfire (or more affectionately known as Fifi) will be 5 years old in July :) Hey, Elaine, Wen Wen and Cece are quite similar in colour. Strange how that turns out huh? Both my cats just happen to be grey! Tinker's outer coat is grey, but has a white fluffy undercoat. Yeah, we like Fifi's coat - we chose her from a litter of 5 for it, as we were showing her at cat shows. She looks like a little tiger... grrr... Love those stripes.

Here's a better picture of Tinker - only his face shows in that picture of him in the WIW.

Tinker-on-Dining-Table.jpg

Here's one of my favourite photos of Fifi and my mini schnauzer Pepper (who passed away last May - she was also grey!). Btw, this wasn't a posed picture. Pepper was napping, Fifi came right along and plonked herself right next to Pepper for a little cat nap. Hee hee. :D

DognCatNapsml.jpg

Yup, totally agree that stand fans take up too much space. Also bit bit unwieldy to use. Due to the lack of ceiling fans, we bought a stand fan, and it moves from room to room with us when the weather's really hot. A bit troublesome but bo pian. Hmm, your living room is quite long - maybe 2 aircons would be better than 1. This way you could also cool one side faster than the other, depending on which side you're at. Single blower will have to work harder. My 2 cents. :D

Good on you for giving Cece a home. :good: Oh, Tinker has a kink at the end of his tail too, but he's so fluffy you can't really see it.

Winterfire (or more affectionately known as Fifi) will be 5 years old in July :) Hey, Elaine, Wen Wen and Cece are quite similar in colour. Strange how that turns out huh? Both my cats just happen to be grey! Tinker's outer coat is grey, but has a white fluffy undercoat. Yeah, we like Fifi's coat - we chose her from a litter of 5 for it, as we were showing her at cat shows. She looks like a little tiger... grrr... Love those stripes.

Here's a better picture of Tinker - only his face shows in that picture of him in the WIW.

Tinker-on-Dining-Table.jpg

Here's one of my favourite photos of Fifi and my mini schnauzer Pepper (who passed away last May - she was also grey!). Btw, this wasn't a posed picture. Pepper was napping, Fifi came right along and plonked herself right next to Pepper for a little cat nap. Hee hee. :D

DognCatNapsml.jpg

man, they're really really pretty!

I love pussies!

ok, it sounded very wrong.

I love pussies!

lol...luckily you are on RT forum...so still sounded ok... :D

lachesis: Agreed. I hate moving standing fans--heavy never mind, but it's really bulky and there's no comfortable way of carrying it. Even the industrial-type fans are difficult to carry around!

Looks like I don't have a choice about the aircons then... oh well!

And really nice pictures of Tinker, Fifi and Pepper! Awww so cute... If Fifi a naturally affectionate type? Some people say cats are cold and calculating, but I don't think so; I mean, at least not with my 3 terrors. Think it all depends on at what age you get them. And I must say this again, Fifi is really very beautiful.

ne0: yup... am I supposed to come up with the coordination schedule myself though, or will my contractor sit down with me and coordinate?

And yes... that sounded quite wrong... tsk tsk! 8|

you might want to take a look at my tblog, i have a 3rm too and a system 3 aircon, with 2 ceiling fans + 2 units in my living room and 1 ceiling fan in my dining area

ne0: yup... am I supposed to come up with the coordination schedule myself though, or will my contractor sit down with me and coordinate?

ur contractor will not hv a coodination schedule for u, at least not in writing. u can try asking for it lor. but he will inform u progress and upcoming jobs beforehand.

n bro neo......luckily this is not a website children come on. aiyo, (RA) ah~! :angry:

I love pussies!

ya man...me too...& i don't really care how it sounds :P

ya man...me too...& i don't really care how it sounds :P

Used to have 11 cats in my old house before.... :(

samgalz: Okay...

jaskel: That's a LOT of cats! (can't imagine the kitty poo clearing though)

Time to revert the thread to PG mode...

lachesis: Agreed. I hate moving standing fans--heavy never mind, but it's really bulky and there's no comfortable way of carrying it. Even the industrial-type fans are difficult to carry around!

Looks like I don't have a choice about the aircons then... oh well!

And really nice pictures of Tinker, Fifi and Pepper! Awww so cute... If Fifi a naturally affectionate type? Some people say cats are cold and calculating, but I don't think so; I mean, at least not with my 3 terrors. Think it all depends on at what age you get them. And I must say this again, Fifi is really very beautiful.

hai... now i'm really thinkin hard if i should have ceiling fans or not. am only afraid it clashes with my minimalist wannabe feeling.

initially, i wanna go with industrial floor fans only. but reading on, seems like 5 rm or EAs all seem to have standard issued ceiling fans. ha!

try asking him for a schedule of works so that you can know when to drop by to see those major works too. inside the schedule, just make sure he is aware that you need to include the ac in the living room. suppose is quite standard SOP la this part. not to worry

Used to have 11 cats in my old house before.... :(

ok, jus let me finish this RA topic with one more sexual innuendo

wa jaskel, you must be really shag playing with 11 PUSSIES!!! :dribble:

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. WAHAHAHAHAHAHA