Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yuene

Haus Of Yuene

is funny how sometimes rls between man and wife is akin to army ranks... and not so too.

We are the Generals and they're the Major BUT

We decide on general matters.

they decide on the major ones.

:bow: :bow:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i really like husband and wife reno-tblogs! :yamseng:

Haha! He came in once and post once, then he run off liao... my hb just delegates everything to me to do, from the shopping to the waiting for good etc... bad pinkhubby! 8|

Update on the bought items later today...

Haha! He came in once and post once, then he run off liao... my hb just delegates everything to me to do, from the shopping to the waiting for good etc... bad pinkhubby! 8|

it's ok as long as he's the one who pays :D

hit the buttock until all pink and rosy?

wahahahahah

Wahahaha that is for me to know and for you to (never) find out! :P

it's ok as long as he's the one who pays :D

Yeah! But I also paying leh... I just spent $700 on sinks, taps and bathroom fittings... broke... and over 3 weeks to my next paycheck! :help:

Yeah! But I also paying leh... I just spent $700 on sinks, taps and bathroom fittings... broke... and over 3 weeks to my next paycheck! :help:

most of us are in the same situation i think :lol:

Part Two: The longest shopping trip EVER

On Sunday we agreed to go IMM after church to get the rest of the fixtures. However, due to the fact that I was very tired the night before (having been up from 6am and going non-stop until 11pm), we couldn't make the late morning service. So we went for lunch instead, and then headed to IMM.

We needed to get:

Bathroom

WC, shower, mixer, storage heater, sink, tap, accessories

Kitchen

Hob, hood, undermount sink, tap

We browsed around Sim Siang Choon for a while, but couldn't really find anything we wanted, so we headed on to Asia Excel a couple of doors down. There, we were served by a fellow called James. I suspect he's relatively new, because he had to keep checking back with his colleague, but he was nice and patient, and ready to give recommendations on items. In the end, we ended up buying a few items from Asia Excel, as they were able to give us a 15% discount on all of the items.

Hob:

CooktopsandHobs-ElectroluxEHG30200X-1-1.

I had allocated 8ft of counter space for my kitchen, which, when you think of it, isn't a lot of space. While I don't need all that much preparation space except when I'm entertaining guests, when you put in a 2ft hob with about a 2ft sink (give or take a few inches), factoring in buffer space from the walls, I might as well be chopping my food on the floor! I did know, however, that I liked the look of a domino hob; compact and pretty much as many burners as I would need most of the time. Since I also have a standalone induction cooker thanks to my darling mum who bought the thing, realised it didn't have what it wanted and insisted on offloading it to me, I figured that should handle, well, pretty much everything that a dinner party could possibly throw me.

Unfortunately, few brands carry the domino hob design for gas stoves--I don't like using electric or induction as they don't quite give the same control over heat that flame can. We were introduced to the Teka hob, but it didn't appeal to me. So James suggested the Electrolux brand, and so we headed to their showroom on Level 2. The one that we saw was $498 *CHOKECOUGHCOUGH GASP*... so I asked if there were any other dominos from that brand. He suggested a slightly older model, the EHG30200X. I looked at it, and liked it at once. With the 15% discount, it came up to slightly more than $330. We decided also to forgo the hood, since we don't do any deep-frying, and I'm used to not using a hood anyway.

Shower:

photo8.jpg

They had a rainshower set on display that I rather liked; it also came with a handheld shower. Including the mixer, it wasn't all that expensive, though I still felt a bit of a pinch when we got it. We also got a 25L Ariston storage heater. I didn't take a photo of my WC, because I didn't think to do so at the time; but unfortunately due to space constraints in the toilet, we had to forgo my dream 1-piece bowl, as my toilet is only 1.2m across (dammit, HDB!), and both my hb and I are tall; in particular, I have long legs. As I intend to put my sink opposite the loo, the last thing I really want is to keep banging my knees into my sink each time I get up.

Congrats on ur new home! :)

juz went thru ur blog & saw that u have bought a squarish rain shower... i m using that for my masterbathroom now. mine's from L-Phenomenon. the water pressure is very weak. i asked them y & they told me it's bcos of the squarish shape... Dunno how true, but u may wanna ask the shop u bought it from. :)

Hey hey,

Thanks to T-blog, it has been decided that the hubby will dust our crystal dining light.. T-Blogs rule!! :rofl:

Nice dining chair pix you posted! Still searching for a suitable one to match my existing table... High back, brown, cushy, wooden legs... didn't know it'd be so hard to find...

Hey, is Cece okay? She got into a fight with a street cat? She's allowed to roam outside? I dare not let my two roam out of the house -they wouldn't be able to find their way back! Hahaha. Or they might get cat-napped. :P

Tinker has claimed the coffeetable at my PIL's as his own. He keeps jumping onto and slides off it togehter with the crocheted-lace table cloth! My MIL has changed the table cloth to a plastic one and has stuck it down to the table - so that Tinker does do his slide and scratch the table in the process. Oops.

Looking forward to more pix of your reno!

Edited by lachesis

most of us are in the same situation i think :lol:

Ya man... why is everything so expensive?! But on the bright side, my mum-in-law suddenly gave us IKEA vouchers. God only knows where she got them from, but it's quite a substantial amount. Will be using that to buy my bed! I've been eyeing this particular bed for months because it has storage boxes below. No need to sleep on the floor after all :P

Congrats on ur new home! :)

juz went thru ur blog & saw that u have bought a squarish rain shower... i m using that for my masterbathroom now. mine's from L-Phenomenon. the water pressure is very weak. i asked them y & they told me it's bcos of the squarish shape... Dunno how true, but u may wanna ask the shop u bought it from. :)

Hmmm okay, I didn't know that there might be an issue with the water pressure.

Thanks to T-blog, it has been decided that the hubby will dust our crystal dining light.. T-Blogs rule!! :rofl:

Haha! Guess you have unlocked the secret usage of t-blogs: a way to ensure that the hbs do their fair share of the housework! I'm still trying to figure out how to get mine to volunteer...

Hey, is Cece okay? She got into a fight with a street cat? She's allowed to roam outside? I dare not let my two roam out of the house -they wouldn't be able to find their way back! Hahaha. Or they might get cat-napped. :P

Cece is good! She got into a fight with a bigger street cat (the cat version of 'small dog syndrome') but no scratches, fleas or random parasites, fortunately. She recently got herself into another adventure; she got lost, and ran over to my mum's neighbour's house by accident. She got locked in the house, and couldn't come back home... I spent the night roaming the estate calling out her name while my hb waited at home (because I accidentally locked him in) but couldn't find her.

Next morning, my mum comes in and informs me that she can hear Cece meowing (the critter must've swallowed a loudhailer as a kitten) but she couldn't see her. I ran out to the balcony, called her and lo and behold, Cece peeks out from my neighbour's window--apparently she somehow managed to get out of the house through the window, but was too scared to climb back over... my poor hb had to climb out of the second storey window, cross the shared verandah roof and grab the critter before climbing back in! Cece had this really sheepish look on her face when we got her back, like "Sorry sorry. Won't happen again" which we all know is BS. But we were just glad to have her back.

Though pinkhubby says the next time this happens, he's going to just leave her there (like **** he will!). Hahahahahaha!

Tinker has claimed the coffeetable at my PIL's as his own. He keeps jumping onto and slides off it togehter with the crocheted-lace table cloth! My MIL has changed the table cloth to a plastic one and has stuck it down to the table - so that Tinker does do his slide and scratch the table in the process. Oops.

LOL at Tinker! I bet he's thinking "these humans. Spoil my fun only."

congratz on being able to get the bed! hopefully i'll be able to get my dream bed next yr :P

your pinkhubby quite daring also ah :ph34r:

Haha! We're all so broke after renovations... Might not be able to get my bed, if they run out of stock first though... and yes, pinkhubby is quite garang (but only sometimes)!

haha we can pressure him to do the cleaning once your reno is done!

Nice dining chair pix you posted! Still searching for a suitable one to match my existing table... High back, brown, cushy, wooden legs... didn't know it'd be so hard to find...

hi.... did you see the ones i got custom made in my blog?

Hi Yuene,

Thanks for providing me with your contractor's contact details. It's a pity he won't be able to help me as I would by supplying my own tiles.

Thanks for your help anyway :)

Edited by payton