Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
junwei84

Joining The Expanding Simei Neighbourhood

am using 3 x 6 wall tiles on wall in both my common and mbr walls

common bath even went vertically instead of the normal horizontal laying

as far as the visuals allow, did not spot any over-the-board unevenness tat are so bat requires rectifications.

perhaps, the consolation is that at some areas you would have sink, mirrors, cabinets etc to cover up?

think replied in banned's tblog. laying more ex because is 3x6? no lei.. my id never mentioned anything

bro neo, in Henry's quote the tile sizes are clearly written (30x45 for wall tiles iirc). before choosing tiles, he will inform you the charges incurred for larger tiles say 30x60. sometimes ID does not restrict the size of tiles used becos the initial quote is already higher... depends on how they quote also la.

My tile also no problem . In fact a lot of guys who visited my place comment that the tile is nicely done up . My tiler is the "little black" I think most henner got no complaint with him .

My problem is the uncle painter

Ya lor . That time i tot Y suddenly u sell clock ... lol

It's like that de . Normal for 1st timer like us . I rem b4 hang over I use coin to knock on all the floor tile to check for hollowness ... and my wife was like "hey what are u doing on the floor ????"

LOL ya lor and i remember your Supersimon227 during the same period.... kekekeke :sport-smiley-004:

using coins? you are very extreme lor!

hmm.. my tilers were 2 china fella.. looks like i gt e bad one.. damnit....

new sub-con for Henry? last time from what i understand, Henry's workers are all Malaysians.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
HMM i also dunno e subcons names.. i know electrician ah liang only. i like him. love him la. i tink he's **** good.. haha.. n **** professional!

bro you forgot to add....

he's **** good.. haha.. n **** professional! and good-looking la! hahahahahaha

:lol::lol::lol:

(Shhhhhhh dun let Henry/Ah Liang/my hubby know i'm writing this........ shhhhhh :no:)

bro you forgot to add....

he's **** good.. haha.. n **** professional! and good-looking la! hahahahahaha

:lol::lol::lol:

(Shhhhhhh dun let Henry/Ah Liang/my hubby know i'm writing this........ shhhhhh :no:)

hahaha! ya, junwei is in love with ah liang!! but gotta admit, he is really GD! :good::good:

hahaha! ya, junwei is in love with ah liang!! but gotta admit, he is really GD! :good::good:

Actually last time "Ar hao" also not bad .... but i did have 1 encounter with Ar liang (when i ask henry to send someone to help me fix the baby "yao lan" (dun know english call what) somewhere ard march i think.

then Henry send Ah liang . To me . he is that type that do more talk less kind . And also helpful .

Ar hao is that type that talk talk talk like friend friend with u type . But works wise . but are good lah

bro neo, in Henry's quote the tile sizes are clearly written (30x45 for wall tiles iirc). before choosing tiles, he will inform you the charges incurred for larger tiles say 30x60. sometimes ID does not restrict the size of tiles used becos the initial quote is already higher... depends on how they quote also la.

LOL ya lor and i remember your Supersimon227 during the same period.... kekekeke :sport-smiley-004:

using coins? you are very extreme lor!

new sub-con for Henry? last time from what i understand, Henry's workers are all Malaysians.

That time I think mine is 1 malaysian 1 PRC . But "xiao hei" is the PIC lah .

Actually PRC worker also got good and bad one. Supreme one , not bad . Quite positive attitude too . But Closet design one .... sigh .....

Actually last time "Ar hao" also not bad .... but i did have 1 encounter with Ar liang (when i ask henry to send someone to help me fix the baby "yao lan" (dun know english call what) somewhere ard march i think.

then Henry send Ah liang . To me . he is that type that do more talk less kind . And also helpful .

Ar hao is that type that talk talk talk like friend friend with u type . But works wise . but are good lah

... how come he sent an electrician to fix the "yao lan" for you? :o

... how come he sent an electrician to fix the "yao lan" for you? :o

i also dun know . I told henry Jaden need to sleep yao lan cos he been sleeping Yao lan at his nanny place. Then I ask him to send someone to install the hock for me. Then he send Ar liang .

My guess is , the hook he install for me is those use for ceiling fan . So he send a electrician ... lol

Cos when I ask ar liang , this Hook strong one or not . He say "shouldn't be a problem . This hook we use for ceiling fan one . "

Anyway .... our dear Henry didn't send me any bill for that .... so I guess it's a FOC service :P .... shhh ....

Edited by Supersimon27

ok updates.

HO didnt happen! last update fr henry is tt mon tue will do glass works. tue wed will do solid surface tops..

aniwae, carpentry is more or less done..

some peek shots..

Foyer, shoe cabinet with DIY-ed stool:

DSC04306-1.jpg

Black and white kitchen, minus my glass works:

DSC04304.jpg

Study:

DSC04301.jpg

my living room feature wall & tv console:

DSC04303.jpg

DSC04302.jpg

my original tv console was suppsoed to be half e height only, felt it look classier n more modern, but aft all e carpentry hiatus, dimensions were confirmed n conveyed over e phone, told carpenter to do me a standard ht console and he told me e doors would b quite big if did standard height. they tell me if its do from floor up, tis is e standard height of tv console. I asked him if it would look weird if its tis height n he told me it would look ok.. so i said ok.. i should hav double checked myself to make sure it was wad i envisioned..

so i ended up with tis big kinda bulky lookin ting..

was quite disappointed when i saw e final pdt and asked on e spot if can change to shorter.. but they told me bobian to change alr.. sigh..

but our parents all said it look ok la.. so ok then.. aft lookin n lookin it felt ok la. although @ a certain pt in time, e tot of juz payin for a redo tv console did x my mind.. oh well.. its mistake on my part to confirm such a dimension so ok la.. i shall live w it..

any one else feels it looks too bulky?

Edited by junwei84

rotating feature wall at study, e other side is MBR

DSC04305.jpg

did rounded edges on e rotatin part with what the carpetners terms 毛毛虫 furry liners to cover up any clearance gaps betwen e holes, in case gt peepin tom in our own house peep in fr study room.. haha.

and alumix came up to install my WIW yest..

DSC04300.jpg

but rejected 1x2-tier drawer set, 1xsingle drawer with the hole cubicles ting, and 1xboard

i muz say their worksmanship quite bad, my std VERY low in accepting the stuff but still had to reject those piece as those were realllli realli reallllli v bad. crack wood, glue all over.. they still hav to rearrange a time to come up n do up e rest..

=) feels good to see tings gg..

but still a tad disappointed our HO din happen today.

but at least tings are movin.. wifey more sian tt no HO though.. but hope can be done up quickli quickli! so tt i can post final photos!

hey bro everything looks good! don't be sad about the console because i think it looks pretty awesome haha..

like ur study man :D

hey bro, looks good! :) actually if you dun point out, i wouldn't notice anything wrong with the tv console...

bigger console = more storage space. perhaps you'll need that in future :lol:

hey bro, looks good! :) actually if you dun point out, i wouldn't notice anything wrong with the tv console...

bigger console = more storage space. perhaps you'll need that in future :lol:

haha ive been tellin myself e same ting too.. =)

saw on ur signature u bought a woei-lee retractable clothes hangar.. gt photo n review n price to share?

we're kinda lookin for 1 tt is cheap n good.. hehe

hey bro everything looks good! don't be sad about the console because i think it looks pretty awesome haha..

like ur study man :D

haha.. okok thanks man.. show some pics of ur hse lei!

haha ive been tellin myself e same ting too.. =)

saw on ur signature u bought a woei-lee retractable clothes hangar.. gt photo n review n price to share?

we're kinda lookin for 1 tt is cheap n good.. hehe

yes yes got photos... coming soon! :D