Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
junwei84

Joining The Expanding Simei Neighbourhood

As mentioned earlier, the meeting went ok. The original carpenter came and took some more measurements. We questioned why things drag till this late, but no explanations done. Felt like a tai-ji session, responbilities shoved all aside.

After that, we had a talk with Henry too, and voiced out all our displeasure about the tiles, carpentry.. Will blog about the tiles later. Shall wait till the rectifications are done before I make any comments. Henry committed that the tiles will be rectified by today. Henry too, unable to provide any concrete explanations what went wrong during this whole ding-dong thingy. He only promised that he will monitor very closely and was very paisay about the delays.

ok, shall see how's the progress from today going forward.. going to up my vigilance on checking the quality of the worksmanship of carpentry liao..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
line drawn! hope unhappiness are over and everyth else goes smoothly. Missus is stil abit uphappy bout the tiles issues but will let the tiler change first den we have a look thru it. Henry has also assured us that he will do e changes and do neccessary compensations at e end for undone tiles. in his own words , "我会做人“。

so everyth else goes smoothly and happily! cheers!

You're so lucky!

Tiles will be replaced & contractor will compensate u?!

WOW!

All I had was some discount :(

You're so lucky!

Tiles will be replaced & contractor will compensate u?!

WOW!

All I had was some discount :(

nah, they'll replace what they tink should b replaced. Some not advisable to replace or replace alr will make it worse wont b replaced. Hoepfully those we can get some discount =) . Cos we paid more for e workmanship aft we chose bigger tiles for e toilets as Henry says bigger tiles need better workmanship cos its harder to make the tiling good quality, n aft cehckin, henry and e tiler(different fr original one) that checked concured that the tiler did quite a bad job at some parts. Since we paid more for e worksmanship and they agreed its tilers problem, then those tt cant be replaced we should be compensated in some way ba..

makes just sense?

oic. For us, we've to top up about $900 for choosing the $4/pc tiles.

So now that the tiles are super uneven, it unfair for us to pay the $900.

Our discount is around there... no further discount for poor workmanship.

Our contractor told us our floor 白做给你们了, i.e., he din earn from it?

Dunno how true lah... but i guess there's no perfect reno lor

oic. For us, we've to top up about $900 for choosing the $4/pc tiles.

So now that the tiles are super uneven, it unfair for us to pay the $900.

Our discount is around there... no further discount for poor workmanship.

Our contractor told us our floor 白做给你们了, i.e., he din earn from it?

Dunno how true lah... but i guess there's no perfect reno lor

woah, ur contractor discounted u almost e full amt of $900 u paid extra for e big tiles?! tts like u're doin it free already! haha.. dun tink henry will discount all la.. hahaha

Another incident of poor co-ordination and management

Henry told us early this week to ask for delivery of the hob cos he wants to measure for the solid surface top. We thought that the measurement provided by Brandt brochure would suffice but he said that it's safer to measure the physical hob in case the measurement on the brochure could be wrong. Then he also say that the plumber would drop by to fix up all the accessories like toilet paper holders, hooks, hangers etc. He said that it's better for us to be around so that the plumber would not drill wrongly. He said that it is safer that we are around to tell him the positions of the accessories instead of just marking out the positions for the plumber. In addition, he will also drop by to show us the solid surface selection for us to choose. So, we took PM leave today and come 2 plus pm, he called and say that he cannot make it, without saying why. Then he say that he will leave the solid surface catalogue in our house tml, then we just choose.

And then, when the plumber finally came at 5pm, plumber said that he is only instructed to come and clear the water blockage in our mbr toilet. He is not aware that he needs to fix up the accessories today. So we called Henry and henry actually said that nevermind, just mark out and the plumber wil know what to do.

It's really !@#$%^! Feels **** cheated AGAIN. sighhh..

Another incident of poor co-ordination and management

Henry told us early this week to ask for delivery of the hob cos he wants to measure for the solid surface top. We thought that the measurement provided by Brandt brochure would suffice but he said that it's safer to measure the physical hob in case the measurement on the brochure could be wrong. Then he also say that the plumber would drop by to fix up all the accessories like toilet paper holders, hooks, hangers etc. He said that it's better for us to be around so that the plumber would not drill wrongly. He said that it is safer that we are around to tell him the positions of the accessories instead of just marking out the positions for the plumber. In addition, he will also drop by to show us the solid surface selection for us to choose. So, we took PM leave today and come 2 plus pm, he called and say that he cannot make it, without saying why. Then he say that he will leave the solid surface catalogue in our house tml, then we just choose.

And then, when the plumber finally came at 5pm, plumber said that he is only instructed to come and clear the water blockage in our mbr toilet. He is not aware that he needs to fix up the accessories today. So we called Henry and henry actually said that nevermind, just mark out and the plumber wil know what to do.

It's really !@#$%^! Feels **** cheated AGAIN. sighhh..

I will slap1.gif the bloody bugger until his teeth flies out. that is super unprofessional, super ridiculous and super brain dead. i've no idea how ppl can FORM a club for such a lowlife sob. i hope your ordeal will be over soon so that u can start ur happily ever after without this piece of dung on ur door step.

I will slap1.gif the bloody bugger until his teeth flies out. that is super unprofessional, super ridiculous and super brain dead. i've no idea how ppl can FORM a club for such a lowlife sob. i hope your ordeal will be over soon so that u can start ur happily ever after without this piece of dung on ur door step.

woah, chill bro! haha, u more ji dong than me man.. well since it ended up tis way, i'll juz let e plumber do e installation, if anyth wrong, change change change everyth! hahaha. chill la bro! im **** +ve aint i? haha

one does wonder ..........

& as a fellow home owner, i can totally understand the frustrations, no use crying over split milk - have to make do with what you have now.

hang in there man!

Edited by titanax

woah, chill bro! haha, u more ji dong than me man.. well since it ended up tis way, i'll juz let e plumber do e installation, if anyth wrong, change change change everyth! hahaha. chill la bro! im **** +ve aint i? haha

yeah la.. i guess it's good you can take things positively and in ur stride.. hope everything will be smoother from now on... lol not so twin-ish afterall lolz

yeah la.. i guess it's good you can take things positively and in ur stride.. hope everything will be smoother from now on... lol not so twin-ish afterall lolz

hahaha.. ya.. for e 1st time we display traits tt are nt worthy of twins! come, all put ur hands tgt and pray w me tt dun rain tis morn so my carpentry can be finally delivereddddddddddddddddddddd

one does wonder ..........

& as a fellow home owner, i can totally understand the frustrations, no use crying over split milk - have to make do with what you have now.

hang in there man!

yep, hope quality n worksmanship come out is ok, and i have no problems w e rectifications work.. den everyth will b sui sui and everybd can huat!

wow.. 60x30 tiles really that uneven meh? u guy are making me scared..

hmm, i dunno whether its i sway kena bad tilers or wad, maybe marshmellow can comment too? since we both hav Henry as e contractor, easier to compare. Mine e wall tiling was quite bad which even Henry agreed but he tells me its cos of tiler worksmanship no good la.. mayb marshmellow can comment if their wall tiles are v bad or v good? den can hav a clearer pic. =)

Marshmallow never do tiling works lor.. Who else uses 60x30 tiles???

I used 60x30 wall tiles for my toilet walls but I have no comments leh looks quite ok... for my kitchen wall and floor i use 60x60 for everything and I'm pretty satisfied with the levelling etc.. I understand that the bigger the tiles, the more difficult to level (simple analogy is that a longer line is harder to draw straight).

kk bro hope u huat big big and no more hiccups on the way!! :drunk: