Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
junwei84

Joining The Expanding Simei Neighbourhood

help u clean house ah...... how much u paying me? hahahaaha....

hey, gg to have house warming in nov... come k! will message u nearer the date... can i assume ur phone number no change for the past 9 years? ha!

hmm. i cant remem wads my no. 9 yrs ago. hahaha. i fb u my no. la. or u get fr jiawen. hahaha.. she has my no.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wah, henry so good ah? still volunteer to replace the tiles!

Better than mine loh!

Ur door is probably not solid. I use hollow veneer only for my storeroom.

My bedroom doors are solid veneer ones

ooo. i din know got hollow n solid ones in e first place. haha.. den e solid doors muz have been ex! u muz hav spent a bomb on e doors then.. but its prob a gd investment

ooo. i din know got hollow n solid ones in e first place. haha.. den e solid doors muz have been ex! u muz hav spent a bomb on e doors then.. but its prob a gd investment

No lei, solid veneer that I got from Yontat ard $280, hollow veneer around $210.

BTW, what's the code number of ur tiles? Did u get from SBH?

Told my spouse 'bt your uneven tiles ... maybe the same as ours?

No lei, solid veneer that I got from Yontat ard $280, hollow veneer around $210.

BTW, what's the code number of ur tiles? Did u get from SBH?

Told my spouse 'bt your uneven tiles ... maybe the same as ours?

hmm, juz went to check my quote, my main door is solid veneer, and exactly like jaskel said, its twice e cost of a hollow one for my inner rooms.

Maybe there's some mixed up with urs? haha.. cos e difference in price realli alot? or mayb i tio carrot liao.. hahahahaha...

tiles code number ah.. wa i cant remem liao, but we got it fr taugres though..

if it looks e same its prob e same tiles la hor? prob all fr china..

e ting is, we compared e toilet wall tiles to ktichen wall tiles(both usin same white tiles), except kitchen one was laid horizontally while toilet one was vertically laid.. the toilet uneveness seems much more serious than kitchen ones though..

might b cos of the direction they were laid or inherent tiles or juz workmanship. not too sure though.. supposedly tilers are at my pl today to change e tiles.. will go check at nite agian and see what they deem to be bad workmanship and gotten them replaced before commenting again ba.. =)

another ting i realise bout e tiles is tt for those tiles that are cut, the surface seems to have jagged edge like chipped off along the cutline. They're nt exactly obvious unless we close in and scrutinize it but as kiasu consumers, we look like oso feel uneasy and also marked them out.. but i kinda suspect its more or a bobian ting rite? since u have to cut e tiles with e cutter.. or its nt supposed to b there? hahahahaha...

Yontat is supplier for doors; not contractor's price.

Maybe your main door's fire-rated? Gotta pay few hundred more for the fire-testing by Govt body (can't rem name)

We definitely got the same tiles prob.

Our kitchen wall tiles are white too - also uneven.

The cut tiles in our toilets (not white) have jaggered edges too.

Lousy workmanship cos the tiler could have placed the jagged edge on the side where it'll be covered by the bi-fold door frame.

BTW, i've posted pics of my place at Fencer's blog.

Edited by booksntoys

ok, havent blogged for quite some time again.

prob cos i gt nth to blog about.

i shall nt go into details yet.. but i reali need to vent out my frustrations somewhere somehow.

my carpentry has been.. lets see.. 1 mth since i met e carpenter(and tts aft the initial meetin was delayed by 1 wk due to carpenter car accident which ok, was juz pure bad luck, no complains there.. but hey it does add on to the frustrations)

loads of different stories crop up since the supposedly carpentry done date..

i honestly say im nt a bad tempered person n i've been pretty accomodating (at least i feel so) thruout e reno but i tink i totally lost my cool on e phone first to e carpenter and then to Henry today. i was really too **** frustrated n pissed.

nvm, shan't comment too much first, meetin a separate carpenter and Henry tmr nite. Will explain more when everyth is clearer ba. dun wan to paint any wrong picture here..

ok frustrations vented.

i shall nt go into details yet.. but i reali need to vent out my frustrations somewhere somehow.

my carpentry has been.. lets see.. 1 mth since i met e carpenter(and tts aft the initial meetin was delayed by 1 wk due to carpenter car accident which ok, was juz pure bad luck, no complains there.. but hey it does add on to the frustrations)

i honestly say im nt a bad tempered person n i've been pretty accomodating (at least i feel so) thruout e reno but i tink i totally lost my cool on e phone first to e carpenter and then to Henry today. i was really too **** frustrated n pissed.

nvm, shan't comment too much first, meetin a separate carpenter and Henry tmr nite. Will explain more when everyth is clearer ba. dun wan to paint any wrong picture here..

ok frustrations vented.

dude.. sorry to hear that.

hope the new capenter works on godspeed and deliver yr carpentry asap.

look on the bright side, perhaps tat earlier carpenter really not meant to be? and if he was still the one doing, maybe more problems.

everything happen for a reason ya but we just have to look at the brigher side.

ok frustrations vented.

Don't worry, Be Happy....Best wishes for your reno.

hi everyone, i'm junwei's fiancee and have been a silent reader all this while. However, all this ding-dongs have made us very pissed off and irritated. Our very first and big mistake made was to let Henry know that we are not in a rush to move into the new house. We thought that by not rushing him and his sub-cons, quality of work will not be compromised. However little did we expect that the entire reno will drag and drag and drag. Many reasons/excuses/explanations/stories were given along the way but our threshold were maxed out yesterday. Carpentry was only <20% completed and with the change in carpenter, I do not know if work will be delivered eventually.

We will be meeting henry and the new carpenter this evening at our house to sort things out, and hopefully to set on a probable handover date (which we do not foresee it coming soon).

Super disappointed :(

hey junwei/solitaire,

your reno really a lot of obstacle... first was HDB permit, now carpenter got car accident....

hope that you can have a fruitful meeting with Henry tonite. Ask him for a schedule and be firmed on it. Henry is a person that can talk to, so long as your request is reasonable, he will try his best to do.

and let him know that you are kan-cheong about the schedule... i used to nag him almost daily, so maybe that's why most things were on schedule for me :lol: (at least, i get to know first-hand any change in schedule and the reason behind). btw, who is your site supervisor?

anyway, all the best and wish that all will go smoothly... cheers~ :yamseng:

hi everyone, i'm junwei's fiancee and have been a silent reader all this while. However, all this ding-dongs have made us very pissed off and irritated. Our very first and big mistake made was to let Henry know that we are not in a rush to move into the new house. We thought that by not rushing him and his sub-cons, quality of work will not be compromised. However little did we expect that the entire reno will drag and drag and drag. Many reasons/excuses/explanations/stories were given along the way but our threshold were maxed out yesterday. Carpentry was only <20% completed and with the change in carpenter, I do not know if work will be delivered eventually.

We will be meeting henry and the new carpenter this evening at our house to sort things out, and hopefully to set on a probable handover date (which we do not foresee it coming soon).

Super disappointed :(

yes, i agree that owners should not be telling id or contractor that they are not in a rush to move in. cook up a story e.g wedding dinner / auspicious date for praying initiation etc.. and therefore you need to move in by when and when and ask them to stick to it.

but then again, i do understand the move by saying not in a rush cause we do not want the quality of work to be compromised. Then perhaps, they will be nice enough to do up the things nicely with more efforts.

i guess it is really a double edge sword that really require new owners like us to judge if we should tell the id or contractor we are in a rush or not to move in. therefore, when coming to choose id or contactor, the chemistry really must be there i feel

i would really suggest that due to all these delays, reduction in the reno amt should be administered WITHOUT compromising the quality of works and the final said HO date in the meeting later. Also, i suggest trying to a 3rd party friend or friend's friend who is in the interior design biz to help inspect the quality of works after the HO.

as new owner like you all, i can really imagine how disappointing the situation is. but the consolation if any, is thankfully, you two are really not in a rush to take over the flat. is your new place afterall, a new beginning for you two, the fault is with the contracter not the flat. so however angry or irritated, be happy, be thankful for the new unit that belongs to you two instead

hope everything will run smoothly for you henceforth ya.

and no problem, RT is definitely a platform for you to cringe, whine or praise!

hey junwei/solitaire,

your reno really a lot of obstacle... first was HDB permit, now carpenter got car accident....

hope that you can have a fruitful meeting with Henry tonite. Ask him for a schedule and be firmed on it. Henry is a person that can talk to, so long as your request is reasonable, he will try his best to do.

and let him know that you are kan-cheong about the schedule... i used to nag him almost daily, so maybe that's why most things were on schedule for me :lol: (at least, i get to know first-hand any change in schedule and the reason behind). btw, who is your site supervisor?

anyway, all the best and wish that all will go smoothly... cheers~ :yamseng:

Ya, we are going to be firm to set a HO date now. We have been asking him for a schedule on paper but I tink his style was just to give a daily update over phone. We can understand that he has other jobs on hand, but now our house seems to be the least of his priority. I believe communication somewhere had broken down, be it between him and his subcons, or that between him and us.

We will almost go to our house every evening after work. And the house will seem almost the same everyday, little if not zilch progress.

Now gotta call and ask all other deliveries of our bed/sofa/electrical appliances to take delivery later liao..

As u put it, I'm hoping too that we can really sort things out tonight, tho I remain skeptical :( Thanks for the consolation anyway, really appreciate it :)

Edited by solitaire

yes, i agree that owners should not be telling id or contractor that they are not in a rush to move in. cook up a story e.g wedding dinner / auspicious date for praying initiation etc.. and therefore you need to move in by when and when and ask them to stick to it.

but then again, i do understand the move by saying not in a rush cause we do not want the quality of work to be compromised. Then perhaps, they will be nice enough to do up the things nicely with more efforts.

i guess it is really a double edge sword that really require new owners like us to judge if we should tell the id or contractor we are in a rush or not to move in. therefore, when coming to choose id or contactor, the chemistry really must be there i feel

i would really suggest that due to all these delays, reduction in the reno amt should be administered WITHOUT compromising the quality of works and the final said HO date in the meeting later. Also, i suggest trying to a 3rd party friend or friend's friend who is in the interior design biz to help inspect the quality of works after the HO.

as new owner like you all, i can really imagine how disappointing the situation is. but the consolation if any, is thankfully, you two are really not in a rush to take over the flat. is your new place afterall, a new beginning for you two, the fault is with the contracter not the flat. so however angry or irritated, be happy, be thankful for the new unit that belongs to you two instead

hope everything will run smoothly for you henceforth ya.

and no problem, RT is definitely a platform for you to cringe, whine or praise!

thanks for the consolation and advice. agreed about the double edge sword thingy. difficult to juggle huh.. haha

will consider about getting compensation for all the delays. Must be careful in bringing this sensitive topic across too. Our carpentry is at stake! :o

this is a hiccup that we are facing, but what doesnt kill us makes us stronger right! *super positive thinking*

Jiayou to us dear! :)

thanks for the consolation and advice. agreed about the double edge sword thingy. difficult to juggle huh.. haha

will consider about getting compensation for all the delays. Must be careful in bringing this sensitive topic across too. Our carpentry is at stake! :o

this is a hiccup that we are facing, but what doesnt kill us makes us stronger right! *super positive thinking*

Jiayou to us dear! :)

Jiayou jiayou jiayou...... :yamseng:

Ya, we are going to be firm to set a HO date now. We have been asking him for a schedule on paper but I tink his style was just to give a daily update over phone. We can understand that he has other jobs on hand, but now our house seems to be the least of his priority. I believe communication somewhere had broken down, be it between him and his subcons, or that between him and us.

We will almost go to our house every evening after work. And the house will seem almost the same everyday, little if not zilch progress.

Now gotta call and ask all other deliveries of our bed/sofa/electrical appliances to take delivery later liao..

As u put it, I'm hoping too that we can really sort things out tonight, tho I remain skeptical :( Thanks for the consolation anyway, really appreciate it :)

Yea he doesn't put things in paper. We get him to tell us the schedule for next one week (like, Mon do A, Tue do A and start B etc) and we note down ourselves.

We also went down to new place daily after work. If we see that something wasn't done as per that weekly schedule, i will sms him immediately. normally he will reply to tell us the reason and whether he is confident in catching up. if i get impatient, i will call him up and he will explain :P

i guess communication is the most important part here... if he informed you the reason why you see no progress and tell you his next plan, you'll be more assured, rite? :)

btw, you only left with carpentry, or still got other stuff? i noticed that towards the end, things tend to get slightly slower, maybe becos of nature of the work (e.g. carpentry, you'll gotta wait)

anyway... Jiayou jiayou! :lol: