Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
junwei84

Joining The Expanding Simei Neighbourhood

Yea he doesn't put things in paper. We get him to tell us the schedule for next one week (like, Mon do A, Tue do A and start B etc) and we note down ourselves.

We also went down to new place daily after work. If we see that something wasn't done as per that weekly schedule, i will sms him immediately. normally he will reply to tell us the reason and whether he is confident in catching up. if i get impatient, i will call him up and he will explain :P

i guess communication is the most important part here... if he informed you the reason why you see no progress and tell you his next plan, you'll be more assured, rite? :)

btw, you only left with carpentry, or still got other stuff? i noticed that towards the end, things tend to get slightly slower, maybe becos of nature of the work (e.g. carpentry, you'll gotta wait)

anyway... Jiayou jiayou! :lol:

yup, we do get his weekly schedule fr him at e staart of everywk verbally. and if we see tings nt done we do check w him immediately and the comin plan.

i can totally understand minor delays here n there.

im left w carpentry, tiles rectifications and final touchups.

but here's e ting.. im nt harpin on slight delays..

carpentry was supposed to be up last wk 3wks aft meeting the initial carpenter. Henry told us its 80% done last wk and tt tis monday would start installing. Granted monday was heavy rain day and couldnt proceed & delay till wednesday. den e 1st disappointment came when Henry told us the carpenter suddenly gt family prob and cant do it and only some kitchen will be up on wednesday.

Im nt being unreasonable and yes i was abit pissed by another delay at time and got Henry to tell me what e schedule would be like cos its been delayin on n on. So yesterday morn, Henry told me he got another carpenter head to take over fr e prev carpenter and not to worry, all e carpentry almost all done up le, carpenter juz need to double cfm some stuffs bout installation and would be calling me and e rest of e carpentry would be done up on fri-mon/tue latest cos e woodwork alr completed.

so e carpenter called in e aftnn. and he started off by askin me my tv console doors is drawers or pull down(tt means its nt done yet), den he started asking B, C, D etc etc and it was like everyth besides e kitchen nt done yet la. so i told carpenter no pt to talk over phone so should juz meet up @ nite to discuss.

So my final qns to e carpenter was tt ok so tt means everyth no done isit? he couldnt answer me so i asked him how come nt done and he said tis one i muz check w Henry. I told him Henry told me he checked w u carpenter guys and tt it was told to me only left minor tings den how come all nt done? so he said check w henry, muz ask henry

Really, the final straw came when i ask him so would fri start installin e rest and he said he cannot tell me, muz meet up discuss liao den can tell me.

There n then, i lost it and realli gave a walloping, put down e phone and call Henry and gave another one.

I admit i might hav been overboard in my attitude to both of dem but i reali lost my cool.

I dunno who has been givin e real picture on e carpentry or why its not been done or delayed

But aft calmin down, to be fair to us as customers, Im payin Henry as a main contractor to do e liasing and planning work and I cant be gg aft e carpenter if he's fault. My only source of contact should be Henry himself. I definitely would feel sorry for Henry if its e carpenter's who's been playin e cat&mouse game but to be fair to us, I tink i deserve an explanation of somesort and some resolution to this from Henry and not the carpenter.

I believe im only being fair to ourselves here?

oh i muz add e carpenter initalli wanted to meet me tis aftnn at myw orkpl to discuss but aft i called Henry, they apparently had some sort of arguement and the carpenter called me back to cancel e appt. ok they did call me @ ntie to tell me meet up tonite to discuss e carpentry works aft they sorted out among themselves but realli in between i was left TOTALLY bewildered

Edited by junwei84

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
thanks for the consolation and advice. agreed about the double edge sword thingy. difficult to juggle huh.. haha

will consider about getting compensation for all the delays. Must be careful in bringing this sensitive topic across too. Our carpentry is at stake! :o

this is a hiccup that we are facing, but what doesnt kill us makes us stronger right! *super positive thinking*

Jiayou to us dear! :)

yes, weigh your options carefully. all boils down to the cadence of the later meeting.

if the meeting goes smoothly, i think rightfully there should be some reduction la. since afterall a service shortfall, expectations not met ma.

yes, what doesnt kill us makes us stronger. JIA YOU!

We also went down to new place daily after work. If we see that something wasn't done as per that weekly schedule, i will sms him immediately. normally he will reply to tell us the reason and whether he is confident in catching up. if i get impatient, i will call him up and he will explain :P

i guess communication is the most important part here... if he informed you the reason why you see no progress and tell you his next plan, you'll be more assured, rite? :)

yes, communication very impt between parties. and must be the case where both parties understand thoroughly.

the sort of you think, i thought? then who is gonna confirm right

no doubt is such a joyous and happy thing to see the house renovated to your liking, equally it is a painful process when you need to make sure it happens to renovate to your liking.

so on going down to the flat daily, i agree to go down daily to new place after work if possible. at least, any miscommunication or hippcups, it may still be rectified before the next work goes on it. by then, it may be too late to rectify. a few occasions we went down, we all spotted something that ought to be taken care off immediately.

last but not least, going down daily after work, at the very least, you make sure that the door is locked, lights are off etc.. that few occasions we were there, we had to switch off lights! imagine it was on the 24/7! once, we even spotted the key to the padlock at the doorstep! and mind you, our ovens, microwave, fridge, hob, hood are all inside and yet to install! id investigated and found out that the laminate sub-con actually dropped the key. kauz... so another point to bring up is to use number lock. is better.

last but not least, going down daily after work, at the very least, you make sure that the door is locked, lights are off etc.. that few occasions we were there, we had to switch off lights! imagine it was on the 24/7! once, we even spotted the key to the padlock at the doorstep! and mind you, our ovens, microwave, fridge, hob, hood are all inside and yet to install! id investigated and found out that the laminate sub-con actually dropped the key. kauz... so another point to bring up is to use number lock. is better.

:o :o go down... everyday... :o :o

frm Punggol to CCK??

faint.gif

yes, weigh your options carefully. all boils down to the cadence of the later meeting.

if the meeting goes smoothly, i think rightfully there should be some reduction la. since afterall a service shortfall, expectations not met ma.

yes, what doesnt kill us makes us stronger. JIA YOU!

yes, communication very impt between parties. and must be the case where both parties understand thoroughly.

the sort of you think, i thought? then who is gonna confirm right

no doubt is such a joyous and happy thing to see the house renovated to your liking, equally it is a painful process when you need to make sure it happens to renovate to your liking.

so on going down to the flat daily, i agree to go down daily to new place after work if possible. at least, any miscommunication or hippcups, it may still be rectified before the next work goes on it. by then, it may be too late to rectify. a few occasions we went down, we all spotted something that ought to be taken care off immediately.

haha ya! lucky for us its usin no. lock, yea there were a few times wehad to off e lights ourselves. looks like u travel very far to go ur place at nite! lucky for us, we live like 10 mins away fr our new hse.. so its like easy la, juz go everyday! haha

yup, we do get his weekly schedule fr him at e staart of everywk verbally. and if we see tings nt done we do check w him immediately and the comin plan.

i can totally understand minor delays here n there.

im left w carpentry, tiles rectifications and final touchups.

but here's e ting.. im nt harpin on slight delays..

carpentry was supposed to be up last wk 3wks aft meeting the initial carpenter. Henry told us its 80% done last wk and tt tis monday would start installing. Granted monday was heavy rain day and couldnt proceed & delay till wednesday. den e 1st disappointment came when Henry told us the carpenter suddenly gt family prob and cant do it and only some kitchen will be up on wednesday.

Im nt being unreasonable and yes i was abit pissed by another delay at time and got Henry to tell me what e schedule would be like cos its been delayin on n on. So yesterday morn, Henry told me he got another carpenter head to take over fr e prev carpenter and not to worry, all e carpentry almost all done up le, carpenter juz need to double cfm some stuffs bout installation and would be calling me and e rest of e carpentry would be done up on fri-mon/tue latest cos e woodwork alr completed.

so e carpenter called in e aftnn. and he started off by askin me my tv console doors is drawers or pull down(tt means its nt done yet), den he started asking B, C, D etc etc and it was like everyth besides e kitchen nt done yet la. so i told carpenter no pt to talk over phone so should juz meet up @ nite to discuss.

So my final qns to e carpenter was tt ok so tt means everyth no done isit? he couldnt answer me so i asked him how come nt done and he said tis one i muz check w Henry. I told him Henry told me he checked w u carpenter guys and tt it was told to me only left minor tings den how come all nt done? so he said check w henry, muz ask henry

Really, the final straw came when i ask him so would fri start installin e rest and he said he cannot tell me, muz meet up discuss liao den can tell me.

There n then, i lost it and realli gave a walloping, put down e phone and call Henry and gave another one.

I admit i might hav been overboard in my attitude to both of dem but i reali lost my cool.

I dunno who has been givin e real picture on e carpentry or why its not been done or delayed

But aft calmin down, to be fair to us as customers, Im payin Henry as a main contractor to do e liasing and planning work and I cant be gg aft e carpenter if he's fault. My only source of contact should be Henry himself. I definitely would feel sorry for Henry if its e carpenter's who's been playin e cat&mouse game but to be fair to us, I tink i deserve an explanation of somesort and some resolution to this from Henry and not the carpenter.

I believe im only being fair to ourselves here?

oh i muz add e carpenter initalli wanted to meet me tis aftnn at myw orkpl to discuss but aft i called Henry, they apparently had some sort of arguement and the carpenter called me back to cancel e appt. ok they did call me @ ntie to tell me meet up tonite to discuss e carpentry works aft they sorted out among themselves but realli in between i was left TOTALLY bewildered

chill dear..

1.5 hours more to meeting them.. Let's see if they can provide us with the explanations.. else it's really :fire::fire::fire:

:o :o go down... everyday... :o :o

frm Punggol to CCK??

faint.gif

huh??? more like bukit batok / jurong to bukit panjang only lei

since when i stayed in punggol? hahaha

haha ya! lucky for us its usin no. lock, yea there were a few times wehad to off e lights ourselves. looks like u travel very far to go ur place at nite! lucky for us, we live like 10 mins away fr our new hse.. so its like easy la, juz go everyday! haha

hey, you "sound" better already.

anywayz, gd luck ya for the meeting later!

hope to hear gd news from you after your meeting

huh??? more like bukit batok / jurong to bukit panjang only lei

since when i stayed in punggol? hahaha

not u... :o:P

meeee! noooooo! :~

(if i visit new flat everyday)

yah, i was wondering how come ur reno not completed yet...

we started at about the same time, rem?

And i've moved in for a month already.

How are the floor tiles? Will Henry replace them?

yah, i was wondering how come ur reno not completed yet...

we started at about the same time, rem?

And i've moved in for a month already.

How are the floor tiles? Will Henry replace them?

wall/floor tiles, henry will replace those which e tiler feels would b better to replace.. some they feel if replace alr will be worse than before so those would prob nt be replaced. will hav to settle those issues separately... will post bout e carpentry delays in another post.. =) wow u move in 1 mth alr! how's everyth?

wall/floor tiles, henry will replace those which e tiler feels would b better to replace.. some they feel if replace alr will be worse than before so those would prob nt be replaced. will hav to settle those issues separately... will post bout e carpentry delays in another post.. =) wow u move in 1 mth alr! how's everyth?

hi, i've been following your blog & things did appear to get to a good start. i understand your frustration, hope things can be resolved quickly & amicably.

alright, meetin w e carpenter n Henry ended..

as far as dates are concerned, i should see bout 70% done up by saturday and e rest done up by nxt friday. final rectifications will be done and HO on 10/10/10. sounds like a gd date. haha

Carpentry issues have really been a bother. Original carpenter came and clarified some stuffs bout e carpentry and wads been done and wads not. Carpentry status updated from him as above.

What conspired yesterday i believe would not have caused so much unhappiness if there were better coordination within the carpentry people.

I believe any disagreements between the carpentry people and Henry should have been kept within themselves and not been spilled over to us as customers.

Im pretty ok with slight delays here n there but i guess they must have upfront bout it and nt painted different stories and brought us on a ride. Apparently, the facts were that only the final 20-30% are still ongg work in e factory and not the majority of the works as painted by the god knows who carpenter on e phone which really pissed me off.

Anyway, it felt to me that Henry was also brought along for the ride by the carpenters. To be fair, i can feel his sincerity and paiseh-ness with all that happened. But to be fair to us, we should b holdin him responsible for the unhappiness since he's e main contractor. At best, i would feel he needs to be more in control of e sub-cons. This shouldnt have happened if he'd been rite? anyway, did voice out our unhappiness again juz now to him again but nah, din ask for compensation for this.

But all in all, i tink the carpentry is more or less settled and hope the proposed dates are met and everyth goes smoothly.

& so, .. i shall draw a line and move on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

line drawn! hope unhappiness are over and everyth else goes smoothly. Missus is stil abit uphappy bout the tiles issues but will let the tiler change first den we have a look thru it. Henry has also assured us that he will do e changes and do neccessary compensations at e end for undone tiles. in his own words , "我会做人“。

so everyth else goes smoothly and happily! cheers!

Edited by junwei84

Hope everything turn out well after the meeting....Best of Luck for u n solitaire. :yamseng:

hi, i've been following your blog & things did appear to get to a good start. i understand your frustration, hope things can be resolved quickly & amicably.

Yup, thanks all! yea.. turned out well.. voiced out our frustrations and sorted out everyth. hope it goes smoothly till e end now!

But all in all, i tink the carpentry is more or less settled and hope the proposed dates are met and everyth goes smoothly.

& so, .. i shall draw a line and move on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so everyth else goes smoothly and happily! cheers!

HUAT AH!