Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
junwei84

Joining The Expanding Simei Neighbourhood

AHAHA, totally agree. let wife decide and anyth wrong point finger to her!

totally agree with u guys...i let my wife do most of the colour selection even since she say my choice for common toilet wall tiles nt very nice. :rolleyes:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
totally agree with u guys...i let my wife do most of the colour selection even since she say my choice for common toilet wall tiles nt very nice. :rolleyes:

speakin bout toilet tiles, as i see the tilin go up, cant help but feel my common toilet is nicer than my MBR toilet.........

tts realli like a sinkin feelin!

common toilet has a dark flooring while mbr toilet is predominantly white n shiny.. dark effect seems nicer wor..

will post photos aft its completed.. supposed to have been completed alr but Henry forgot to build e 'niche' area in the mbr bath area, so its still under rectification. post photos when its done...

MBR toilet supposed to be nicer one! wife actually commented she rather go common toilet bathe next time since its nicer(im more than happy to let her do so, wahahha)

speakin bout toilet tiles, as i see the tilin go up, cant help but feel my common toilet is nicer than my MBR toilet.........

tts realli like a sinkin feelin!

common toilet has a dark flooring while mbr toilet is predominantly white n shiny.. dark effect seems nicer wor..

will post photos aft its completed.. supposed to have been completed alr but Henry forgot to build e 'niche' area in the mbr bath area, so its still under rectification. post photos when its done...

MBR toilet supposed to be nicer one! wife actually commented she rather go common toilet bathe next time since its nicer(im more than happy to let her do so, wahahha)

lol ... my wife prefer the common room wall colour after painting done . then I ask her " so what now ? Move to common room ? or repaint ?" . lol

Our living & dining room floor tiles are whitest of the whites.

While the kitchen floor tiles are dark olive green.

On first sight from entrance, it'll be so pretty to see the entire floor from dining to kitchen all white & shiny lor,

so that's my only regret.

But then again, we purposely chose dark tiles for kitchen floor cos it's easier to maintain.

So practicality wins again :(

Our living & dining room floor tiles are whitest of the whites.

While the kitchen floor tiles are dark olive green.

On first sight from entrance, it'll be so pretty to see the entire floor from dining to kitchen all white & shiny lor,

so that's my only regret.

But then again, we purposely chose dark tiles for kitchen floor cos it's easier to maintain.

So practicality wins again :(

maybe u shd have choose dark yet shiny tiles straight from the living all the way to the kitchen ma.. might look good too right? :D

maybe u shd have choose dark yet shiny tiles straight from the living all the way to the kitchen ma.. might look good too right? :D

Hey, you're right!

But I'm not sure if it'll be difficult to maintain & may be slippery since it's in the kitchen?

I have not come across any kitchen with shiny tiles wor

been quite awhile since i last updated.

So far, tiling's been completed. rewiring too. & plumbin been done. Some gypsum boards are up as well.

some photos to show e progress..

common toilet:

DSC04163.jpg

LHS when i enter toilet where my shower n mixer is

DSC04164.jpg

center where e round basin is

DSC04161.jpg

RHS where e toilet bowl is supposed to be and the heater is up. still hav to boxup e big pipe though

many many pipes runnin arnd. whats e norm? paint over dem?

Edited by junwei84

DSC04165.jpg

mbr rainshower and niche!

jus need to install toilet bowl n boxup e big pipe now.

luckily we installed storage heater. we tried all cold water and the rain shower was light drizzling small driplets. only mixed with hot water did it become a 'RAIN' shower.

DSC04168.jpg

our vvv big WIW area. Henry commented he's nv made such a big area for WIW before. haha

DSC04166.jpgDSC04167.jpg

our aircon trunkin was installed today. hmm, looks **** ugly can the board and the ugly piping. does this look normal? the board seems to b installed and quite uneven at some parts. paint over it oso feel like its ugly. is tis normall???

ALl these were bought from Royal Fanco from Jln Besar. The service was good and prices competitive. Love their service(the couple of henry and wife(i assume) were fabulously helpful. But NONONO haggling of prices though. haha. but we were willing to pay for the service la.

We got all our toilet and kitchen stuff from Royal Franco too... Yup the lady boss is his wife (i think the name is Lena... or something like that), nice couple and good service from them :)

many many pipes runnin arnd. whats e norm? paint over dem?

My toilet also got a lot of ugly pipes that we don't even know how to box up. Spent many sleepless night thinking about solutions... In the end, we were so fed up that we just simply painted the pipes :P

haven't been updating for awhile. Time for some updates.

So far, painting has been done. Lights installin at this moment by ah liang. Floor laminate to be installed this week.

Progress has been kinda slow. Had delays by the carpenter when we were supposed to meet him. Sway sway he kena car accident on e way to meetin us and had to delay for 1 wk before our meetin took place..

anyway, photo updates:

DSC04195.jpg

front gate installed! metalworld replicate, gt e photo fr metalworld and let henry source for similar gate so i guess its custom made. cheaper by 100+ bucks though.

DSC04186.jpg

our foyer orange sunkiss wall! hope it'd give a warm feelin when we enter our hse. will be havin our shoe cabinet beside it.

DSC04188.jpg

our livin rm feature wall false wall up and painted rose white. most walls in rose white in e house.

DSC04190.jpg

study marina blue wall! its stated 'colour of the year' in 2010 dulux catalogue. wife loves it @ 1st sight!

DSC04192.jpgDSC04192.jpg

MBR purple backhead feature wall with amethyst purple ceiling and cove lights to be installed.

DSC04194.jpg

skyline grey in the last room. amazingly tis colour came out pretty nice n it was probably the colour we chose the fastest.. haha

DSC04197.jpgDSC04198.jpg

DSC04199.jpg

lastly, our DIY square stools for our shoe cabinet area! repainted 2 old woody stools with black paint n white paint. white still in progress though. hope it turns out nice! initially asked henry to help us make but it was like way expensive!

anywae.. spotted 2 chipped tiles which i tink would b too late to remove and change. tink i'd affect too much tings. dunno hwo it'll be rectified. hope there wont be anymore though.. and hope reno goes smoothly till e end. reno hurry up end! been v long alr!

Edited by junwei84

ya la! i finishing reno and have shifted in liao lei! when is ur turn??!!!

got time drop by my house! hee.... should be completed by this sat... =)

i saw ur photos and decals feature wall! nice! hahaa.. ok gt go tt area go find u! haha

lights went up today.

DSC04204.jpg

our entrance foyer orange warm wall with our 3 LED lights shinin on it!

DSC04202.jpgDSC04203.jpg

MBR cove lights! nice

Ah liang somehow fixed e bedside power sockets quite high up.. wonder y.. tot they're suposed to be low low down n hidden.. muz check w him, forgot to take photo of it though

DSC04200.jpgDSC04201.jpg

& our WIW hangin lights recommended by Alex fr A lighting for its effect. he's spot on. nice! tinking of shiftin abit to e right though cos aft alumix is fixed up might be a bit near e boards.