Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
neubie

Downtown Line 3 Station Locations Unveiled

i tink SMRT/SBS oso won't be that stupid to keep adding new stations. for every new station to be built, there has to be strong justification to be commercially viable wrt the nearby amenities, bus interchanges, bus stops, existing MRT stations... and also the running costs.... remember last time the only NEL station which SBS don't want to open, citing "too low" passenger traffic at that station?

Hi, 1st of all, SMRT and SBS do not decide and have the authority to add new stations. It is the government through LTA that decides that. So please get this clear. SMRT and SBS are just transport companies that "bid" to run and manage the lines/stations. 2ndly, if you have followed the news, the PAP government through the transport minister has already said no stations shall be left unopened because of reasons mentioned by you above anymore. So all the new stations will have to open no matter what. Those remaining stations including LRT stations previously left unopened are not affected by the new ruling. Another thing is, 2 days ago news already reported the change in policy to improve the infrastructure 1st to attract people to move to a new town instead of waiting for critical mass to build up.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, 1st of all, SMRT and SBS do not decide and have the authority to add new stations. It is the government through LTA that decides that. So please get this clear. SMRT and SBS are just transport companies that "bid" to run and manage the lines/stations. 2ndly, if you have followed the news, the PAP government through the transport minister has already said no stations shall be left unopened because of reasons mentioned by you above anymore. So all the new stations will have to open no matter what. Those remaining stations including LRT stations previously left unopened are not affected by the new ruling. Another thing is, 2 days ago news already reported the change in policy to improve the infrastructure 1st to attract people to move to a new town instead of waiting for critical mass to build up.

You're well updated. 1st class transportation blue print, seow seow lar. LRT more or less a "mistake". When SBS first got the "license" to run LRT, many problems surfaced due to being "new hand". SMRT seconded quite many her staffs to "help" then. When the first 42 stns were in operation, remembered many ppl were "laughing" at SMRT: 42 stations covered 67km of route. Com, Que, Nov, New, Kem were like "ghost" stations. The "otopus" network is now being formed. I've quite some time did not take mrt. One day while talking to an uncle at void deck, he told me he just finished a cup with his friends "under the Paya Lebar " mrt stn, I caught no ball at first, now..., that day "lost" in the DBG underground stn, peisah....

Edited by bepgof

You're well updated. 1st class transportation blue print, seow seow lar. LRT more or less a "mistake". When SBS first got the "license" to run LRT, many problems surfaced due to being "new hand". SMRT seconded quite many her staffs to "help" then. When the first 42 stns were in operation, remembered many ppl were "laughing" at SMRT: 42 stations covered 67km of route. Com, Que, Nov, New, Kem were like "ghost" stations. The "otopus" network is now being formed. I've quite some time did not take mrt. One day while talking to an uncle at void deck, he told me he just finished a cup with his friends "under the Paya Lebar " mrt stn, I caught no ball at first, now..., that day "lost" in the DBG underground stn, peisah....

You have to be updated when it comes to the government like ours. Already standby ERP gantries at a few KPE entries/exits, can see very clear about their intentions. If we are not updated and did not read what they said carefully, they will open the floodgate and allow so many foreigners into our country like nobody's business. If they do not think of the transport solution how are they going to justify their import FT policy? Singapore's resources is only so much, I for one will see how they can squeeze every drop of our resources to handle 6 million people in Singapore.

You have to be updated when it comes to the government like ours. Already standby ERP gantries at a few KPE entries/exits, can see very clear about their intentions. If we are not updated and did not read what they said carefully, they will open the floodgate and allow so many foreigners into our country like nobody's business. If they do not think of the transport solution how are they going to justify their import FT policy? Singapore's resources is only so much, I for one will see how they can squeeze every drop of our resources to handle 6 million people in Singapore.

Sorry lah, older ppl trend to lag behind in term of speed, memory, technology. But good at make use of "loopholes". They already open the floodgate big big covered with nets, to catch big fish only, small fish all filtered by the net. ERP also open many many to capture $, no $ where got foreigners want to come? At first is cashcard, then come EZlink card, follow by credit card, kena sabo by these cards. Went in carpark with Ezlink card-no problem, want to come out barrier not open - little print at machine there: this machine can read Ezlink card, pls use cashcard. Can come in cannot go out! Press the button, OL asked : what time you came in: My standard reply is always: 1 minute ago ---Who is more updated???Why like that?

Edited by bepgof