Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Does it have foam padding too? Let me know how much your full height headboard costs. I wanna negotiate with my contractor. I refuse to pay $900 for that skimpy headboard.

the workmanship seems really lousy! i think you should reject the whole thing back to the contractor.. think you can get nicer looking ones elsewhere

Why they refused? Because they are irresponsible? My ID actually said something like this, "Better not do it, I don't have a good feeling about this. Such a small place and already so many problems." Well you know what, if the contractor hadn't been greedy and wanted to cut costs on the marble, they wouldn't even have half as many problems.

OMG.. really, i dont know whats up with them these days..they only want to do fast and easy job.. i am also facing the same problem.. they only want to do simple easy job. anything too difficult they will just turn down.

wanted to do a display cabinet for foyer but C commented too difficult and they are not confident ..ends up, i dont have anything for the foyer.. will put up marine tank next time as a divider

Edited by reglxt

Someone said they wanted to see the steel table for the washing machine, so here it is. The dishwasher will be placed underneath.

5353293635_87267a3771.jpg

Wallpaper installation is ongoing today.

5353296449_e8465cbf84.jpg

5353292479_7bc92b701c.jpg

5353940488_25c6f732b9.jpg

I think it would be better if the part below the bay window also has the wallpaper...

Doesn't this look like real grass? But it's artificial grass. I'm gonna have this installed on the balcony next Tuesday morning.

5353299697_09fbbeb0ea.jpg

Someone said they wanted to see the steel table for the washing machine, so here it is. The dishwasher will be placed underneath.

Wallpaper installation is ongoing today.

5353296449_e8465cbf84.jpg

I think it would be better if the part below the bay window also has the wallpaper...

Doesn't this look like real grass? But it's artificial grass. I'm gonna have this installed on the balcony next Tuesday morning.

Very nice wallpaper! I also think you should put the wallpaper below bay window. :)

Will u paint your steel table? :)

wallpaper is nice... i think dun have to put under the bay window since ur just going for a feature wall look... anyways its such a low wall that most of the times the furniture will be hiding the view of it.

it took me some time to figure out actually ur condo is where my friend is staying now! haha... i go there a lot. her neighbour also renovating now. maybe i should take a peek and see if you are the neighbour! lol... small world...

Having seen my 6 yrs old front load ariston washer in action, you have to be careful of the significant vibration during the spin cycle....especially on full load washing.

The steel table maybe made out of strong material, but the structure and design seem to be a little bit "flimsy"..one of it being the lanky legs, though reinforced on 3 sides, will amplify the vibration of the washing machine at the top.

Please watch out for the washing machine shifting itself during operation....do add on a curb all round at the table top to prevent your washing machine from vibrating itself off the top...

Thanks everyone for their kind comments... posting here helps me manage my frustrations towards my useless contractor/PM. I told him about the less than ideal paint job today, and he asked me to inspect all the walls and flag them with Post-Its. Ò_ó What am I paying him for if he's not going to quality control for me?

Will u paint your steel table? :)

You know what, that sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll spray paint the legs. What colour do you think? White? Black?

it took me some time to figure out actually ur condo is where my friend is staying now! haha... i go there a lot. her neighbour also renovating now. maybe i should take a peek and see if you are the neighbour! lol... small world...

Hello hello. Mine is the only unit on my floor that is still undergoing renovations. Do drop by if the door is unlocked... and if I'm not around leave a note :)

Having seen my 6 yrs old front load ariston washer in action, you have to be careful of the significant vibration during the spin cycle....especially on full load washing.

The steel table maybe made out of strong material, but the structure and design seem to be a little bit "flimsy"..one of it being the lanky legs, though reinforced on 3 sides, will amplify the vibration of the washing machine at the top.

Please watch out for the washing machine shifting itself during operation....do add on a curb all round at the table top to prevent your washing machine from vibrating itself off the top...

Hey there, thanks for the heads up. The steel legs do look a bit flimsy, but what to do? There's not enough really enough space to put the machines side by side, which is actually my preferred layout. If I do that then I wouldn't be able to hide in the bomb shelter in case of an air raid. I haven't had a chance to test the washer on a full load yet, but on an empty load the vibrations are minimal. If the vibrations do become a problem, then, I'll have to think of a way out.

I was asking about them...thanks for putting up the photo...initially i thought its just a low level table to keep WM off floor for washing of floor...great idea to hold WM without loading DW... :bow:

Nice wallpaper...if u still have leftover, can try to DIY...

woah cool...i've nvr seen grass on balcony before...are u laying whole balcony???

u still having problems with your marble baywindow???

IMHO, 2 ways about it:

1) if you want the feature wall look: the wall paper should have ended just where the bay window/marbletop starts.

2) if you want the wall paper to blend into the space: the wall paper should cover all the way, even under the bay window.

Now it looks a little bit like someone have not finish the job.... :)

The person who delivered my dryer also advised placing one of those rubber car mats under the machine to prevent it from sliding off. My dryer sits on top of my washing machine and so far (touch wood) it hasn't fallen off.

nice... :) maybe you can buy those mini golf putting set to go with this~ hahaha :lol:

Thanks everyone for the tips about the WM! I wouldn't have known otherwise.

The person who delivered my dryer also advised placing one of those rubber car mats under the machine to prevent it from sliding off. My dryer sits on top of my washing machine and so far (touch wood) it hasn't fallen off.

Dryers don't spin as quickly as washing machines, so they are less susceptible to moving around and (potentially) falling off the table. Nonetheless, I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Have discussed this issue with the family and have decided to secure the washing machine to the wall with a metal chain. Will need to drill the back of the WM to secure the metal chains. And then we will add some foam under legs to absorb the vibrations.

In other news, the balcony's done!

5366501792_286e5af0de.jpg5365886685_bd7de3e613.jpg

You'd be surprised that the little strip contains 40KG of pebbles. I only bought 2 bags (10KG each) at first and had to buy 2 more... lucky the nursery nearby sells it. I think I still need 1 more bag, but that can be done some other day.

Thanks everyone for the tips about the WM! I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Dryers don't spin as quickly as washing machines, so they are less susceptible to moving around and (potentially) falling off the table. Nonetheless, I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Have discussed this issue with the family and have decided to secure the washing machine to the wall with a metal chain. Will need to drill the back of the WM to secure the metal chains. And then we will add some foam under legs to absorb the vibrations.

In other news, the balcony's done!

5366501792_286e5af0de.jpg5365886685_bd7de3e613.jpg

You'd be surprised that the little strip contains 40KG of pebbles. I only bought 2 bags (10KG each) at first and had to buy 2 more... lucky the nursery nearby sells it. I think I still need 1 more bag, but that can be done some other day.

wow.. never really seen any balcony with grass look.. looks cosy and interesting~ like a garden of your own!

on another note.. ur contractor sounds like a total headache too...

Are you at all concerned that the artificial grass and pebbles will trap a lot of dirt and also water if it rains which may lead to mould etc.? How's the drainage in the balcony as artificial turf usually is laid on a well draining bed.

The grass and pebbles was my idea *proud*. Am planning to have potted plants there and I thought some grass would make it look more garden-like.

Yeah my contractor is a massive headache. I really should have just managed this whole thing myself. Prolly less headache.