Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

You sure can do better, you are still very young n have plenty opportunity. Me...old le... so must live each day as though it is my last. :)

you are not old lah.... even more energetic than me.... hehehehehe....

Good to see that you are here once a while. all the old timers are not here anymore.... maybe its time for me to quit too or else i will get attack for being friendly. :~:~:~

Edited by May_dream1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Old and mature are twin, see who u prefer.

Mature creates opportunities, young slips opportunities, cos they can't identify.

Meeting donny tommorow!!! Thank you mae29!!

Hi, mdshahril

I am glad to hear from you. On behalf of my ID, I sincerely thank you for your support. :sport-smiley-003:

Halow,,, can send me Donny's contact and quotation for ur renov package? thanks ahead.

Hi, and888

Thank you for dropping by and I will send you the requested info soon.

Old and mature are twin, see who u prefer.

Mature creates opportunities, young slips opportunities, cos they can't identify.

Bro bepgof

I am glad to see you here and hope you have been happy & doing well. 

Very true! Ageism & maturity are twins indeed! 

We all know Opportunity knocks once only, therefore, we should not be afraid to engage. 

When an opportunity comes knocking, we must grab right away and hold it as hard as we can.

You can never tell when it will strike twice; hence don’t let it slip away.

Getting out of your shell is the hardest part but always remember:

Success in life will not come if you just wait for it. You have to act and learn from every step that you take.

However, Opportunity comes with a Cost.

Brother, you agree?

Hard to disagree.

All things in life come with costs of different unexpressed "payment term", but also "reward" with "credit term".

All things always appear in an "exclusive" manner - can "take this" only and must "forego that". Competency is the key to make the right choice.

"Take this" only and must "forego that" results in "opportunity cost".

"Life style choice" is an example.

"Right choice" of today can only be verified after many years. Same applies for the "bad choice".

Walking out from "comfort zone" is a challenge to one's internal world,however, unnecessarily render a "reward".

Why want to wait for so "many years" to verify good or bad choice of today? Enjoy first, "pay" later - such philosophy among young thus developed....

Hard to disagree.

All things in life come with costs of different unexpressed "payment term", but also "reward" with "credit term".

All things always appear in an "exclusive" manner - can "take this" only and must "forego that". Competency is the key to make the right choice.

"Take this" only and must "forego that" results in "opportunity cost".

"Life style choice" is an example.

"Right choice" of today can only be verified after many years. Same applies for the "bad choice".

Walking out from "comfort zone" is a challenge to one's internal world,however, unnecessarily render a "reward".

Why want to wait for so "many years" to verify good or bad choice of today? Enjoy first, "pay" later - such philosophy among young thus developed....

:thumbs up: brother, a good one!

That's why more people are debt burden imposed by surmounting credit card bills nowadays. Worst still, with so many 'licensed' and unlicensd money lenders, money seems to 'come freely' and easy to reach them.

Dangerous move to live in 'credit' n pay later mode.

By the way, I read somewhere you taking up evening course and for 2 years? :sport-smiley-003: What's that opportunity? Really admire you, as when I took my course, it is always a short term evening course not more than 3 months.

Feng Shui topic:

Friends who are completing the house renovation, please take note:

The worst day in 2012 is April 12, 2012 (Thursday). Make sure no major activities on this day like moving in your bed or stove setting.

This also applies to owners who have already moved in and stay in the house. Make sure you dont install water features, do drillings and hacking on 12 April 2012.

:thumbs up: brother, a good one!

That's why more people are debt burden imposed by surmounting credit card bills nowadays. Worst still, with so many 'licensed' and unlicensd money lenders, money seems to 'come freely' and easy to reach them.

Dangerous move to live in 'credit' n pay later mode.

By the way, I read somewhere you taking up evening course and for 2 years? :sport-smiley-003: What's that opportunity? Really admire you, as when I took my course, it is always a short term evening course not more than 3 months.

Long story, one move "wrong"- take me 19 yrs to get it "corrected"! Want to "read"? Cut LS to SS. Hope can "inspire" some.

- 1991, the then gf(now my wife)& I applied for a 5rm hdb. She just started to work, hoped to "get rid" of the rented "bird cage" where stayed her mom & sis. I was at end of a 2-yr pt SIM DMS(batch 34), aft I completed an engrg dip in 1984.

- That time, only 2polys, 2Us -only top 5% can go there, 1% reserved for "foreigners", rich ones go overseas. No pte U, no study loan, no cpf...asked Tony Tan, now our P, said then 2 Us are enough! The "cries" either not heard nor intended not to hear.

- The waiting q "norm" for HDB, that time, take about 2-3 yrs.

- I told my then gf, I wanted to cont study parttime to get a degree after DMS(done in Nov 1991), she said ok. So I aimed for RMIT/SIM's BBBA programme. I "rested" (both mental & phy tire, after 2 yr pt)and "skipped" one of the intake application, intended to go for the next intake.

- Never ever "expect", "foresee", we recieved HDB letter to collect our 1st HDB key in 1992, Sept. Hard decision came: forego the key and cont the study, or take the key then "see how". Remember the "opportunity cost" and "exclusive"...?

- We did most of the reno ourself, except flring, window grill...I was a all-round man, they(mil, sil, wf)moved in first in 1993 Jan.

- In 1993, march 13(Sat), we held church solemnisation & chinese custom, 13 dinner tables....till our pockets emptied! My wife is a great saver, she experienced the "bitter" childhood, mine not as "bitter" as her.

- Boy came to world in May 1995, girl follow by Jan 1997, we stopped. My heart felt "bitter" - I know my "dream" (get a degree)hard to fulfill liao, cos of these committments. We redeemed the 5rm which cost $124.4K then, within 6 yrs from 1992 sept.

- As early as back to 1992 Jan, I already used spreadsht (then called Lotus 1-2-3)to project our "income"(wage) within a 5-10 yrs time with some conservative assumptions made. I told myself, one-source wage income not enough, "sure die" in no time, so I "stepped into" stock mkt in 1992 armed with knowlege I learned from DMS. Then gf was super worrying...with our little saving.....& scared that I would get addicted and "no come back". I told her we have to take some risks, as no risk no gain same as no pain no growth.

- We work & work, save & save, teach & teach(to our children). We bought our 1st 3-rm L99 condo in July 2005($616,000, 1297sf), we moved in in 2006 Sept, rented out the 5-rm for a familly for 11 months then sold in 2007 Aug for $450k(#13 fl, nice view)That was our first "bucket of gold".

- My "dream" still far to be seen, as children were young, so I "invested" my "energy" into stock & property for the "milk & honey". We sold the condo (for $850k, I intended "discounted" to tis amount as they are a nice christian couple with 2 children -my children's junior)after 3yr+ stay and "moved back" to a 31 yr-old ptblk 5 rm at #23 fl that cost us $528k in 2009.

- With the "milk & honey" that we earned from wage, stk mkt, and property, we bought another FH condo in 2010 July($1.003 mil), now under construction tild mid 2014, after much of my spreadsheet calculation with worst case scenario factored in.

- 2011 July(Son sec 4, daughter S2), with all the prevailing conditions positive, I told myself it is time to fulfill my "dream". I wrote and sent son & daughter each an email told them abt my story of the dream, they wish me "all the best" and I press the button and "go". Applied in 2011, Sept. Started since 12 Jan 2012. Programmed has been renamed to BBM from BBBA, 2 yrs, 12 subjects(inc 4 "electives", i opted for business finance, 4 semesters, RMIT/SIMGE, $18k, will be ended in mid 2014 when my FH is ready.

- 3 essays(very much similar to thesis writing with harvest style referencing, not compo) & 1 test has gone liao. Have seen 2 "girls" cried due to pressure.... 1more essay & 2 more tests to go then 1st semester closes.

- I pulled 3 "girls" and 2"boys" to form a group during 1st OB lesson. I address lecturer's name directly when i speak, then called him "sir". I told lecturer abt my "dream", he said I am in "self-actualisation" mode. Now I become the chauffeur to the boys & girls, I discounted myself to be their "big brother".

Feng Shui topic:

The worst day in 2012 is April 12, 2012 (Thursday). Make sure no major activities on this day like moving in your bed or stove setting.

This also applies to owners who have already moved in and stay in the house. Make sure you dont install water features, do drillings and hacking on 12 April 2012.

Tell u a true story happened onto me on 17/3/12, 2pm, Gland Hall, L4, SIMGE, clementi rd, when & where I sat for my 1st Business Finance paper, with 109(incl myself) part-time students and some 400 full time students.

Upon reading the seat arrangement, my heart sunk half and almost fainted. I kena "14" = "Die for sure". Immediately approached the administrator and requested for seat change, was told no such "prededent", never mind, I told her I will write in. Walked back sat dw and practise deep breathing as this paper is a time-racing paper with 20MCQs, 75min, many calculation and "analysing" work. 8 pages. I brought my own financial calculator, was given 2 pages of some 30 formulars. I noticed different "colours" of papers being laid on students' desk, later realised there were paper A, B, C and DIE.

Upon flipping my paper over, realised I was given the "Die" paper! Another hard heart-pumping. Never mind, quickily analysed the questions while hearing many cal pressing sound around, sure or not, read only then can "press" those buttons already? My standard must be not up to par, as compare to those sat around me, i told myself.

While pressing the buttons half way, the adminstrator walked to me and asked if I wanted to change seat! My God, she must be kidding, If I change seat sure will "waste" at least 5 minutes, I smiled and told her I was "kidding" just now and ignored her and started pressing the buttons.

To my another "heart" attack was, at the last 10 minutes, I "transfer" the A,B,C & "Die" from question paper to a standard single sht, noticed there were 12 "D", so weir, I started doubt my ability , or the one who set this paper's carrying out a psychological test on students with paper D?

I have triggered a "silver bullet" to student service dept on "4". It is not that I being "superstitious", my upbringing has made me very sensitive to "4". Look at east and south east counries, how and why they "skipped" the "4" in products, apt, wedding table, hospital... SIMGE simply not "sensitive" to number or "Tetraphobia" as it has many students come fm east/south east.

Will "shoot" to exam board, then MOE, follow by the public media. Step by step.

Feng Shui topic:

waa.. than if my home is currently renovating, than i need to tell my contractor dont do any major things? i think that week will be the week that they do plumbing.. OMG :jawdrop:

waa.. than if my home is currently renovating, than i need to tell my contractor dont do any major things? i think that week will be the week that they do plumbing.. OMG :jawdrop:

Hi

Not to worry if your renovation has already started, and you have not stayed in.

Brother bepgof

勇气可加!佩服佩服!

Learning is lifelong process; it is never too late to start our learning journey, only afraid if we stop it.