Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
csingeu

Our Lil Paradise

Updates!(Day 91 - 3 Jul 2011)

Dining area

10%20dining%20area.JPG

The walnut and black glass-top table - which is part of the Cellini home package, with 4 dining chairs. I would have preferred the legs of the chairs to be wooden, instead of steel though. the length is abt 1.7m

personally, i prefer an extendable table, but my wife is skeptical abt the built and durability of such tables.

maybe this is a gd size. at least when placed in the mid of the dining area, it doesn't feel like it's going to block the main entrance or the staircase landing, and the people sitting ard it, should have sufficient sitting space.

BUT black glass top is very hard to maintain. the fingerprints and smudges are super obvious. *faint*

11%20living%20rm%202.JPG

View of the living rm from the dining area. and the lone standing fan to cool the entire level 1. i think i'll need at least 1 more standing fan here.

1 for the dining area & kitchen.

1 for the living rm.

12%20living%20rm%203.JPG

a close-up look at the living rm.

no prize for guessing where's my fav seat.

i like to sit at the bean bag... and look at the clear blue sky with some mist of cloud floating by... and enjoy the breeze from the balcony...

the balcony can do with more "green"... will be looking at getting some "bigger" potted plants for the balcony... it seems a little empty now...

the choice of floor tiles for the balcony was bad... it was those rough type... it traps dust like mad... no matter, how i clean it, it still feel dusty and dirty... :curse:

i'm likely to DIY and overlay wooden deck tiles from IKEA... at least for the mid-section, where people will be walking more frequently.

the dining area and living room only have day curtains for now, as the fabric for the night curtains are not ready yet...

MBR

13%20MBR%201.JPG

14%20MBR%202.JPG

our MBR sports a very cool neutral look from the walls, to the bedframe to the curtains, to the "dark and small" toilet...

we'll have to "brighten" up the place with more colourful or light-coloured accessories and bedsheets...

but I must say, it's very conducive for sleepin, esp with the dark grey (>80%) black-out night curtains.

and yes, the king-sized bedframe with storage drawers underneath it, is the last piece in our Cellini home package.

like i've mentioned earlier, we opted for king-size and was hoping that it will be alright, however, it was based on the mattress dimensions... the actual bedframe was much bigger, and we did not factor in space for the curtains earlier too...

hence now, there is no space on the side near the window to have a small bedside table.

and we barely have sufficient walking space in front of the sliding wardrobe.

the only consolation? we have a king-sized bed lor... my wife would have gone for a divan-style kind... if we had the choice.

no pics of the other side of the rm, as it's still quite messy with some boxes which are waiting to be unpacked, and my 27" TV monitor is resting precariously on 2 stacked boxes...

we'll need a small tv console or table to place the TV soon... :o

Edited by csingeu

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats on your moving! Nice colour you got for your bean bag! My Cellini flow bedframe landed into my guest room aka as baby room cos we didn't really measure the length well and if we were to put it in the masterbedroom, it will touch the TV console... :dancingqueen: No even 1mm of walking space! So we chiong to Hommage and got a clean cut bedframe which is of the exact measurement of the King size mattress at $400. A walking space of 30cm is created...

Edited by friends78

Lovely house!

Yup, after some furnishing n accessories, the feel is going to be great!

I personally love your sofa alot!

Thought the size just nice for your living area.

I had wanted to get this but its definitely way too big for mine. :(

N the bean bag color coordinates well with the area.

Hmm... The cable for your chimney hood indeed out abit. Perhaps get white tape to tape over (thou might leave sticky residue on the glass splash)

Overall, nice!

I agreed with footprint. Don't find the sofa too big.... That size is just nice!! From the stairs all the way to the beam. When you having BBQ?? 

Dear Brother

Congrats! Finally the reno is completed and you have moved in!! :sport-smiley-004:

The sofa looks just nice for your living room! I like the look and design of the sofa too! Swee!! :sport-smiley-004::thumbs up:

Very nice house. Just spme concerns if you guys do cook every now and then, the entire open kitchen might mean some mess. Even with light cooking, I would suggest adding a small panel of glass (in the open space near the stove) perhaps to keep it cleaner? Then again, if you rarely cook, then that wouldn't be much of an issue. By the way, gorgeous sofa you've got there!

wow, finally more photos! :)

i like the look of the sofa... really nice! :good: and i think the whole living room looks great!

no worries about finger prints on black glass top for dining table... if you ask me, i would still prefer this to wooden table top which get scratches very easily. i specifically asked for glass table top as it's easier to clean, and no worries about hot pot leaving marks on table top etc.

you changed the bed frame from the original one in the package? think it looks like mine... hahaha :lol: if it's the same then yes the bed frame is quite a bit bigger than the mattress. my queen size mattress is 1.6m in width but the bed frame is like 2m in width...

congrats on moving in!!

your fabric sofa looks comfy and the size is just right for your living room. i like the bean bag though! hmm the king size bed frame does makes the room seems small. but no choice since it's already here. is there a recess behind the bed?

Bro Csingeu, Congrats on your moving in!

I like your sofa too. Didn't find it too big, but just nice for your living room and also your reno concept. Overall, everything is nicely done..

Congrats on moving in! Took me 2hrs to read through your entire blog!

Really like your choice of furnitures! Ive just signed the Cellini package and getting the max table. Havent decided on the sofa and TV console yet..

Hmm... the table looks darker than what we saw in store.. and Im afraid of the metal legs on the chairs scratching my floor as well.. So you thought of any solution on maintaining the black glass from fingerprints yet?

Edited by zone23

just dont touch it and dont put thing that is not suppose to be on the table will make the table cleaner and less fingerprint

anyway if you open the window even after u clean it in a few hours u will see a layer of dust on it so just bite the bullet and

clean it more often , there is no solution to prevent fingerprint or dust

Congrats on moving in! Took me 2hrs to read through your entire blog!

Really like your choice of furnitures! Ive just signed the Cellini package and getting the max table. Havent decided on the sofa and TV console yet..

Hmm... the table looks darker than what we saw in store.. and Im afraid of the metal legs on the chairs scratching my floor as well.. So you thought of any solution on maintaining the black glass from fingerprints yet?