Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

10th week into our reno.... some minor things to touch up and stained platform floor to be replace, we expect everything to be in place in 2 weeks time....

Share the completed pic of MBR first :sport-smiley-004:

Mini Pole System WIW by closet design, we have wanted to have a glass panel on the opening at the side of the WIW, but the frame is not strong enough, so we're still thinking of some nice ideas for the side opening :)

IMG-20110628-00829.jpg

view of MBR from entrance ;

IMG-20110628-00830.jpg

MBR Toilet, waiting to install customise mirror

IMG-20110628-00831.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Pole system at common room :D

IMG-20110628-00833.jpg

We love these legrand switches, they are really easy to press, looks good and not very expensive ; strongly recommend :)

IMG-20110628-00835.jpg

We swap the Harry Potter chandelier with this 3 pendant lamp for our staircase...

The black harry potter chandelier was bought even before we got our keys, we have not decided what we wanted for our home then.... ... (learning point : always decide on the theme of the place before getting fittings, furnitures and accessories)

IMG-20110627-00820.jpg

Wifey loves this!

So wonderful she says, pity we already bought all our lighting.

RB, granite top is ok for undermount (yes need extra care already)... I think for Solid surface, really problematic when doing undermount :( and we really like undermount as it's so much nicer and neater. Oh ya , RB I've got a problem with my supreme, will post my question over at your t-blog :)

Bro, why is there a difference between undermount and top mount for granite and solid surface? Can explain?

On a separate topic, for your pole system wardrobes, how is the quality from Closet Design? Did you take a look at the other brands like OPSH, Closetrobe, etc. before deciding on Closet Design? If you did, can share your experiences/reviews for them?

Thanks!

Wifey loves this!

So wonderful she says, pity we already bought all our lighting.

Hi Mabaricows, thanks for dropping by, yes yes , wife also love this light :D

Bro, why is there a difference between undermount and top mount for granite and solid surface? Can explain?

On a separate topic, for your pole system wardrobes, how is the quality from Closet Design? Did you take a look at the other brands like OPSH, Closetrobe, etc. before deciding on Closet Design? If you did, can share your experiences/reviews for them?

Thanks!

Hi Vade, thanks for dropping by. :)

Granite and solid surface will face almost same problem doing undermount if the owner do not take extra care, but Granite can be re-use when the problem occurs and not solid surface. Sorry I think my reply to RB is sorta misleading... :)

I went to OPSH n closet, I do not remember but the prices are really about the same.... However, I'm win over by the good service of Closet Design, (or should I say turn off by the not so good service at OPSH - wife n me are both in the service related industry, we are pretty particular on good service when we're doing our shopping :) )....

Workmanship, I got no complaints and after sales service good as i got them back to re-adjust some of my fittings and no questions from them...

Pole system at common room :D

We love these legrand switches, they are really easy to press, looks good and not very expensive ; strongly recommend :)

IMG-20110628-00835.jpg

are this the basic legrand switches that only come in white? i want to get the malia series and my ID said he will gimme that instead of the ones they usually provide, heehee

Granite and solid surface will face almost same problem doing undermount if the owner do not take extra care, but Granite can be re-use when the problem occurs and not solid surface. Sorry I think my reply to RB is sorta misleading... :)

i dun understand why undermount no good leh... everyone in my family, my friends and my contractor all said undermount better! :lol:

my dad said most importantly is the workmanship. if workmanship no good, top mount under mount also die.... but if workmanship is good, then undermount is better.... hmmm.

Wow, Kobelala, coming along very nicely indeed!!

Your hanging pendant is gorgeous, and that pole system wardrobe is yummy! I use LeGrand switches as well and they're great! Mine are in silver and rocket though, with the other hidden ones, in white.

I have two undermount Elkay sinks like yours - just be very careful with cleaning omg. I've never used a scourer and only a soft sponge or cloth, but there's scratches EVERYWHERE! Most annoying. Also, wipe, wipe, wipe, or the water stains will be more evident :P

- Ely

Brother Kobelala

Wow wow wow!!!

The lights installed in your house are really beautiful! I can't wait to see the completed & moved in pictures, and be there to see them with my own eyes!!

are this the basic legrand switches that only come in white? i want to get the malia series and my ID said he will gimme that instead of the ones they usually provide, heehee

Hi Sis Sleek, yes, these are the basic legrand switches, there are those silver n bronze colour which i think Sis Ely are using, those are really nice ones, price also very nice :o:D

i dun understand why undermount no good leh... everyone in my family, my friends and my contractor all said undermount better! :lol:

my dad said most importantly is the workmanship. if workmanship no good, top mount under mount also die.... but if workmanship is good, then undermount is better.... hmmm.

Sis Marshy, you got a point there, workmanship of the person doing the mounting is very important.... :good:

Wow, Kobelala, coming along very nicely indeed!!

Your hanging pendant is gorgeous, and that pole system wardrobe is yummy! I use LeGrand switches as well and they're great! Mine are in silver and rocket though, with the other hidden ones, in white.

I have two undermount Elkay sinks like yours - just be very careful with cleaning omg. I've never used a scourer and only a soft sponge or cloth, but there's scratches EVERYWHERE! Most annoying. Also, wipe, wipe, wipe, or the water stains will be more evident :P

- Ely

Sis Ely, thanks ! yes, I really love those silver legrand switches, okok thanks for the tips on elkay !

Brother Kobelala

Wow wow wow!!!

The lights installed in your house are really beautiful! I can't wait to see the completed & moved in pictures, and be there to see them with my own eyes!!

Sis Mae, haha, thanks thanks, yes, I'll most probably be planning housewarming RT party during Hari Raya with Sis Lady_R, or if you're at Yishun, apps me, drop by for coffee and of course durian :D

Sis Mae, haha, thanks thanks, yes, I'll most probably be planning housewarming RT party during Hari Raya with Sis Lady_R, or if you're at Yishun, apps me, drop by for coffee and of course durian :D

Eh... You also owing me durian!!! Can I accidentally pass by yishun? Haha....

Your place coming so marvelously! Can't wait to see in real. Seem like many have been there.... My turn leh??

wife and me were busy cleaning up our home for the past few days, a little here and there everyday :D

dining area is almost free of reno debris...

IMG-20110630-00844.jpg

special thanks to Rb for cleaning tips on Supreme floor...

living area is ready for sofa, TV and soundbar :sport-smiley-004:

IMG-20110630-00846.jpg

staircase railings cleaned, but we'll do 1 more round of painting on the stairs rise.... we already gone thru 3 time of painting .... really difficult to maintain this staircase... :o

IMG-20110630-00847.jpg

show cabinet ready storage ...

IMG-20110630-00849.jpg

Eh... You also owing me durian!!! Can I accidentally pass by yishun? Haha....

Your place coming so marvelously! Can't wait to see in real. Seem like many have been there.... My turn leh??

Oops.... hey Sis May, how will I forget u.... come come, no need accidentally, just go Northpoint for shopping then apps me :sport-smiley-004:

can see my :furious: arch doors are still there :o:P

IMG-20110630-00850.jpg

Lvl 2 walkway ice-cube light...

IMG-20110630-00870.jpg

kekekekeke, she'll "kill" me if she see this...

IMG-20110630-00856.jpg

but not after my caption of this pic......

"backview of the woman who mean everything to me" :D

Edited by Kobelala