Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

We've been obsessed with lights since our reno started.... and our final decision for MBR ceiling lamp :

another replica.... :D louis poulsen hive light

nickpuolsenhive.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Kitchen Tap finally installed, our contractor is adamant that we do a top mount sink instead of undermount due to his numerous bad experiences with undermount sink...

so we sacrifice a little aesthetics here for practicality.... and we chose this Elkay sink that have straight lines border to make it looks good even though it's top mounted... :)

sink.jpg

My goodness... i am contemplating to choose this Elkay sink too! Now i really wondered how alike are both our houses...:yamseng:

I agree with your contractor that the sink should stay top-mounted! My friend had all his taps undermounted...

guess what... moulds are forming and they renovated only 1 year ago! They changed their silicon twice already!

Is this mixer from Grohe too?

Edited by MLau

Love the hive light.

Looking very nice. Any more big view pics of the insides rather than details of specific items.

Would be great to see how it is all coming together.

RB

My goodness... i am contemplating to choose this Elkay sink too! Now i really wondered how alike are both our houses...:yamseng:

I agree with your contractor that the sink should stay top-mounted! My friend had all his taps undermounted...

guess what... moulds are forming and they renovated only 1 year ago! They changed their silicon twice already!

Is this mixer from Grohe too?

Yes, MLau, my contractor told me maximum 1 year, I'll face problem, solid top and cabinets will also be affected, so we decided to go for praticality here. Yes, the tap is Grohe :sport-smiley-004:

omg.. is it me getting older or wat.. took so long to read thru ur blog. hehe..

Love ur place!!

Hi newnyew, thanks for visiting, I love ur place too :sport-smiley-004:

Love the hive light.

Looking very nice. Any more big view pics of the insides rather than details of specific items.

Would be great to see how it is all coming together.

RB

Hi RB, thanks ! ok, will take some pics and post them, but don't mind me using my BB phone camera :D

Edited by Kobelala

We swap the Harry Potter chandelier with this 3 pendant lamp for our staircase...

The black harry potter chandelier was bought even before we got our keys, we have not decided what we wanted for our home then.... ... (learning point : always decide on the theme of the place before getting fittings, furnitures and accessories)

IMG-20110627-00820.jpg

Kitchen Tap finally installed, our contractor is adamant that we do a top mount sink instead of undermount due to his numerous bad experiences with undermount sink...

so we sacrifice a little aesthetics here for practicality.... and we chose this Elkay sink that have straight lines border to make it looks good even though it's top mounted... :)

sink.jpg

Brother

My ID also said the same thing and that's why I ended up with integrated one piece sink together with the solid surface, as I had bad experience with previous top mount sink, when water seeped through the silicon glue after few years and became mouldy and dirty. :furious:

Btw, your house is shaping up very very nice hor!! :thumbs up:

We had an under mount sink and stuck with the same this time. The sealant is under the counter top and so not visible for ours but the edges by the hole cut in the granite top do need a bit of extra care. A anti mould spray usually works fine.

Any camera is fine Kobelala ;).

RB

Brother

My ID also said the same thing and that's why I ended up with integrated one piece sink together with the solid surface, as I had bad experience with previous top mount sink, when water seeped through the silicon glue after few years and became mouldy and dirty. :furious:

Btw, your house is shaping up very very nice hor!! :thumbs up:

Hi Sis, nice to see u :sport-smiley-004: I thought u going China and know that you're very busy with work (u know I've been stalking ur t-blog) :notti:

anyway got a question to ask, will post at your t-blog since u're around now :D

We had an under mount sink and stuck with the same this time. The sealant is under the counter top and so not visible for ours but the edges by the hole cut in the granite top do need a bit of extra care. A anti mould spray usually works fine.

Any camera is fine Kobelala ;).

RB

RB, granite top is ok for undermount (yes need extra care already)... I think for Solid surface, really problematic when doing undermount :( and we really like undermount as it's so much nicer and neater. Oh ya , RB I've got a problem with my supreme, will post my question over at your t-blog :)

RB, granite top is ok for undermount (yes need extra care already)... I think for Solid surface, really problematic when doing undermount :( and we really like undermount as it's so much nicer and neater.

Oh I see. Didn't realise there would be a difference as we have only ever had granite (the cheaper Chinese granite which was a 0 top up from solid surface for us).

Oh ya , RB I've got a problem with my supreme, will post my question over at your t-blog :)

Sure, fire away. I cannot promise to answer tonight as I don't spend so much time logged in at home but I may look in or if not then will reply tomorrow.

There are no problems, only challenges ;).

RB

Sure, fire away. I cannot promise to answer tonight as I don't spend so much time logged in at home but I may look in or if not then will reply tomorrow.

There are no problems, only challenges ;).

RB

Buddy, No prob, take your time, I'm also asking my contractor to check and also googling and hunting for answers.. ... :D

Your balcony floor looks cool! Feels resorty. haha. Does dirt get in between the pebbles easily? My balcony gets quite a lot of dirt every time it rains, but I just do a quick sweep and mop to clear it. Wonder how is yours done?

Your balcony floor looks cool! Feels resorty. haha. Does dirt get in between the pebbles easily? My balcony gets quite a lot of dirt every time it rains, but I just do a quick sweep and mop to clear it. Wonder how is yours done?

Hi Soichiro, thanks. I got the contractor to apply extra layer of epoxy resin to the balcony floor, so it become more resistance to water (as I have an open balcony) and also the extra coat of resin covers almost all the gap in between the pebbles. Hopefully, there'll not be much dirt. For maintenance, I'll need to vacumn and mop the balcony floor.