Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
getzski

Single's Home In Bedok Res

First, never maintain sink, sink so dirty. Second, saw ants on solid surface. You really need a cleaner auntie!

the ants are never around the sink....

that's why i bought a lot of those baits so that the ants will bring it home and kill the whole lot! that is also a reason why i choose white solid top so i can see clearly and kill them all!! wahhhahahaah... :notti:

my ants don;t like those baits. i open one can, and they did not even touch it for a whole week. i realise sometimes it is not food that attracts ants, even a water source on the table top attracts them. and since i start at the 3rd floor, i am just their next door neighbor on the ground floor la....can't really stop them for a visit. lol.

Getzski, I know what people can buy for your housewarming liao! :P

a real HAPPYCALL? yeah......

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

black granite might not go with the look i really want.. on the other hand quartz is quite out of my budget.

a black country top was my original idea too. but the white top really brightens up the kitchen, and with the black shiny backsplash, it creates a nice contrast.

i would suggest the LG counter top, slightly more ex than normal solidtop, but better quality. about 110 pfr i think.

Draw circles on the solid surface that "trap" the ants

here's another DIY trick. wipe the table top with a little vinegar. vinegar kills the scent trail that the previous ants left behind, so when new ants do come again, they have no trails to follow. this one i tried personally....kinda work. for a few days after i wipe down, no ants came to visit.

my ants don;t like those baits. i open one can, and they did not even touch it for a whole week. i realise sometimes it is not food that attracts ants, even a water source on the table top attracts them. and since i start at the 3rd floor, i am just their next door neighbor on the ground floor la....can't really stop them for a visit. lol.

mine baits are not in cans... they are in small pellets.... i think you need those! hahahaah....

those ants at my flat don't like my alkaline water leh.

a black country top was my original idea too. but the white top really brightens up the kitchen, and with the black shiny backsplash, it creates a nice contrast.

i would suggest the LG counter top, slightly more ex than normal solidtop, but better quality. about 110 pfr i think.

*agree*

i planning to do a light coloured kitchen.. so really not my thing to get black galaxy..

my prev. kitchen (first home) has granite top.. loved it but hate the water seepage n all on the light coloured granite.

*agree*

i planning to do a light coloured kitchen.. so really not my thing to get black galaxy..

my prev. kitchen (first home) has granite top.. loved it but hate the water seepage n all on the light coloured granite.

if you maintain the solid top well, its would still be very good... mine was great!

black granite might not go with the look i really want.. on the other hand quartz is quite out of my budget.

Let say you have to make a solid top of 14 ft... for polyester/acrylic mix solid top will cost you $1120; for quartz is $2300 (price include cutting of opening for cooker hob and kitchen sink).

Edited by albertchng

here's another DIY trick. wipe the table top with a little vinegar. vinegar kills the scent trail that the previous ants left behind, so when new ants do come again, they have no trails to follow. this one i tried personally....kinda work. for a few days after i wipe down, no ants came to visit.

I can't help it, I will squash the ants when I see them

Granite top can do water-proof and oil-proof treatment.

if you maintain the solid top well, its would still be very good... mine was great!

yes! my mum maintained hers well too! so i decided to get solid top this round too..

Let say you have to make a solid top of 14 ft... for polyester/acrylic mix solid top will cost you $1120; for quartz is $2300 (price include cutting of opening for cooker hob and kitchen sink).

that's like another 1k over my budget.. all the 1k(s) is slowly adding up to a large 10k overbudget. my kitchen has burst its budget long ago.. n some of the "items" i am not willing to compromise. so quartz is sort of like a want but not a need. :yamseng:

Hahahaha... I bet you have as many methods as me to eliminate ants too.

i use hot water sometimes.... what other methods you have?

yes! my mum maintained hers well too! so i decided to get solid top this round too..

that's like another 1k over my budget.. all the 1k(s) is slowly adding up to a large 10k overbudget. my kitchen has burst its budget long ago.. n some of the "items" i am not willing to compromise. so quartz is sort of like a want but not a need. :yamseng:

Then don't think so much.... i am sure it can last you for at least 5 years and after that, you can change to quartz or maybe move to condo :sport-smiley-004:

i use hot water sometimes.... what other methods you have?

I let them all enter into their "cave", then spray water in. Then all ants run out, I wash them all into the drain

I let them all enter into their "cave", then spray water in. Then all ants run out, I wash them all into the drain

if carpentry how to spray water??