Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
getzski

Single's Home In Bedok Res

Hi Getzski,

Saw your post that you bought your lights from overseas, Kang lighting. How is their quality?

Really like the Mooi spider lights, but worried about the quality since its a replica from China.

Look forward to ur feedback. :thumbs up: TIA

hi ipineapple, i bought my lights from overseas, but it is not from CN/HK, it is from our direct neighbors across the causeway. thus i have no feedback to share.

however, a lot of ebay sites serves the US/EUR market, and if you look at their seller ratings, they seem to be doing well. why don't you email them with your questions? ebay "buy-it-now" price usually is at a premuim price, so it does not hurt to ask if the seller can offer you a discount as well, especially if you know there are more than one site selling the same thing.

hope this helps.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

serious? why leh? dont understand. based on profile of the residents there?

how come the news of burglary don't get much coverage on newspaper leh.....didn't know punggol is a high crime area? i thuoght it is areas like the geylang and little india that has high crime rates.

hi ipineapple, i bought my lights from overseas, but it is not from CN/HK, it is from our direct neighbors across the causeway. thus i have no feedback to share.

however, a lot of ebay sites serves the US/EUR market, and if you look at their seller ratings, they seem to be doing well. why don't you email them with your questions? ebay "buy-it-now" price usually is at a premuim price, so it does not hurt to ask if the seller can offer you a discount as well, especially if you know there are more than one site selling the same thing.

hope this helps.

I've got a ex-colleague who bought his lights from Taobao, china website and so far so good no complaints. I think it is alright to buy from China. Lots of our goods are from China anyway.

thanks for doing the research... i think msig quite good for you. pays for death of dog and cat leh.... but other things are not as good....

AXA seem to be the best now....

yuo just have to buy a cheap one at least to cover your newly furnished house. cos the standard fire insurance does not cover much.

i was playing around with the online quotation in directasia, and realised that the premium for "personal effects" is pretty high.

e.g. a total price with a 20k personal effects coverage is about 80, and the one with 40k is about 120. so as long as you don't store diamods in your house, or have mulitple electronics that cost in excess of 5k each, you can keep your cost low by buying the cheaper option. and anyway, i assume the coverage is based on present fair market value, and not on original purchased price.

how come the news of burglary don't get much coverage on newspaper leh.....didn't know punggol is a high crime area? i thuoght it is areas like the geylang and little india that has high crime rates.

geylang i know cos of gangsters lah... but little india? i walked around there sometimes and nothing ever happens.... i wonder whether police dept have statistics for area that are more "dangerous"?

I've got a ex-colleague who bought his lights from Taobao, china website and so far so good no complaints. I think it is alright to buy from China. Lots of our goods are from China anyway.

try asking about the country of origin of the replicas on sale in the local shops!.... :sport-smiley-004:

try asking about the country of origin of the replicas on sale in the local shops!.... :sport-smiley-004:

dont play play leh...i saw some are certified iso9001

ISO reminds me of my lunch today. Me n hubby went Macpherson for lunch, and we saw the wet tissues are ISO certified. Hahaha...

My colleague told me that his uncle got all his lightings for his big house (I don't know how big, maybe really very big) from Guangzhou at SGD300. He suggested me to go Guangzhou to buy other things such as furnitures, but I don't have so much time to go overseas shopping at this moment.

Edited by ayazumi

yes....guangzhou shunde. the furniture megamall of the world. a 10km stretch of shopping malls selling just all kinds of furnishing.

i had a friend (landed property) who needs big sized furniture like 10 seater sofas and such, she went to shunde for 5 days and bought back 20ft container worth of furnishing.

perhaps we can organize a group shopping trip....haha...with the combined purchases, maybe we can fill up a full container and split the cost. i think a 20ft container is about 1800, but that excludes any port handling charges, which may come up to a lot as well.

ISO reminds me of my lunch today. Me n hubby went Macpherson for lunch, and we saw the wet tissues are ISO certified. Hahaha...

My colleague told me that his uncle got all his lightings for his big house (I don't know how big, maybe really very big) from Guangzhou at SGD300. He suggested me to go Guangzhou to buy other things such as furnitures, but I don't have so much time to go overseas shopping at this moment.

go see taobao. very cheap!! but the shipping kills and can be deciding factor if you should buy from there.

I remember iso9001 as the procedures and documentation process. doesnt mean good quality products. heee

Edited by NeoBY

Open house invitation to my humble house. Pls don't expect a fancy WOW factor house, cos it is still in Phase#1, only the construction is completed, and it has a sofa, tv, bed, and a functioning kitchen.

Date : April 21st

Time : 2-5pm, or dinner also can...maybe potluck? (details can be arranged later.....)

pls add your names to the list for i can send out invite details via PM.

1. may_dream

2. by & grace

Edited by getzski

taken from a DIY website.

Use Lemons and Water To Send Paint Fumes Packing

Although there's many eco-friendly paint options on the market these days, that doesn't mean they are always your first choice when it comes to color or price point for the project at hand. The downfall of using more traditional paints are the fumes that come with your newly painted hue. Want to know how to make them go away in a jiffy?

Paint fumes will go away on their own, of course, but if you don't want to have them lingering you can get rid of the odor with a simple bucket of water and a handful of lemons.

If you don't own a bucket, try using your largest pot for the stove (and change it frequently) and add a few lemon slices inside. Not only will the lemons give you a natural fresh smell, but the water will actually soak up the paint fumes your diy project left behind.

Change your water once a day until fumes are gone, but in most single rooms this trick can work almost overnight! Brilliant!

My display cabinet....

no action figures, no pictures, no fanciful items, just my friends who has weathered through many storms with me.....

20120321_192412.jpg

Edited by getzski