Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

The simplehuman dish washing rack is quite huge. Shipping may be quite costly.

Remember to take photos of your purchases and poison us when it arrived!! :yamseng:

if u look at the prices of the normal dish racks (big sized ones) in the local market.. its also shocking! rofl.. and none of them seem to look "stylish".

i love oxo products too.. they r good. i've got a cookie scoop which my hubs uses as an ice cream scoop.. he is amazed by the quality.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

if u look at the prices of the normal dish racks (big sized ones) in the local market.. its also shocking! rofl.. and none of them seem to look "stylish".

i love oxo products too.. they r good. i've got a cookie scoop which my hubs uses as an ice cream scoop.. he is amazed by the quality.

Totally agreed! First time I saw the simplehuman dish racks in Home DIY at marina sq. I was like.... This looks great! Check out the stainless steel quality and the plastic they used... Quality stuff. Looks sexy too.. haa....

But after I saw the size of the kitchen of my flat. I dropped the idea... No space... :bangwall:

Thanks for the comments on OXO fellow gurus, at least the remarks are coming from a local source hahaha

Some people asked me what Kohler sink I'm buying.

For those who know Kohler, the words that come to mind will be 1)Expensive, 2)Good Quality & 3)Sexy . :dribble:

I encounter Kohler when I was looking for Franke sink at KHK. They have a big showroom of Kohler product.

KHK Asia Pte Ltd

120 Lower Delta Road

1st floor Cendex Centre

They just blow me away :jawdrop: . The showroom did a good job of showcasing the products. I spent quite some there to touch n feel the sinks, taps, mirrors, toilet.... etc... :dribble: :dribble: I even went back a 2nd time to check out the sink again... The sale person there are very friendly and they even let me into their top end bathroom products and it was mind blowing :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

If you are there, ask them to show you the top end section (it is in another partition of the show room)

BUT, all good things must come to an end. After they told you the price, whatever lust you had for Kohler suddenly disappear.. They are expensive, very expensive... At least for Singapore market.

I was quite stubborn. I go online to research. US is selling at a much cheaper price :sport-smiley-004:

Amazon and Home Perfect seem like a good place to buy.

But the sink I like is still expensive. Around US$460 for white and US$850 for Honed white. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Plus the sink is huge!

Rêve™ 39" lavatory

Dimensions: 39-3/8"L x 18-5/16"W x 6-5/16"H

Weight: 78 pounds! :jawdrop:

kohlersink.jpg

I was stubborn. I put the sink in my wish list. I look at it every day. Then suddenly one day I hit jackpot! The Honed white is selling at less than US$400! It was a no brainer. I placed the order immediately. :dribble: :dribble: I paid US$372 exclude shipping to Singapore.

KOHLER K-5026-1-HW1 Reve 39-Inch Lavatory, Honed White

Now the price had jumped back to US$845.

So maybe if you put into your wish list and look at it everyday, Amazon may grant your wish :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by kim76

Today went IMM and got the Sealy Mayfair King for $2700 plus 2 pillows and 2 mattress protector...

Btw, saturday strait times got a Sealy promotion. Cut out the coupon and fill up your particulars, drop into Sealy outlet and you get a chance to win a super ex Sealy mattress. I heard from promotion it cost more than 20K :jawdrop: . And you also get to receive a Sealy pillow FOC. :sport-smiley-004:

Today went IMM and got the Sealy Mayfair King for $2700 plus 2 pillows and 2 mattress protector...

Btw, saturday strait times got a Sealy promotion. Cut out the coupon and fill up your particulars, drop into Sealy outlet and you get a chance to win a super ex Sealy mattress. I heard from promotion it cost more than 20K :jawdrop: . And you also get to receive a Sealy pillow FOC. :sport-smiley-004:

:jawdrop:

aiya! when is the promo till?

:dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

i am looking for a super king. XD

Edited by thedottyness

:jawdrop:

aiya! when is the promo till?

:dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

i am looking for a super king. XD

Think till today?? :notti:

What brand u are looking at? I dun remember Sealy got super king... How many people sleeping on it? :D :D

Today went to AIR at Wilkie Rd... Their stuff really nice.... :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: I fell in love the Grace armchair but it is out of budget.... :bangwall: :bangwall:

In the end we bought a coffee table from LUSH... Display set :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Today went to AIR at Wilkie Rd... Their stuff really nice.... :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: I fell in love the Grace armchair but it is out of budget.... :bangwall: :bangwall:

In the end we bought a coffee table from LUSH... Display set :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Lush got sales rite? Did it burnt ur pocket oso hehehe.? Went there few mths bak but still think overprice for their replicas

Lush got sales rite? Did it burnt ur pocket oso hehehe.? Went there few mths bak but still think overprice for their replicas

I went there yesterday. Saw a nice coffee table but still find it too ex at $400 display set. New is $640 but got 10% discount. I think maybe i can see other place first or check out internet. Then I went comfort design, nothing even close. At night I try to search the net for info. Nothing also... sigh.... :dunno:

So today I went AIR first to see see... **** chio but also **** ex... SO I went back to LUSH. Yesterday, there is 3 display set. Went I reach there, there is a couple checking out the set, I wait patiently for them. When they went to see some sofa, I proceed to inspect the set. Then I go discuss with my gf. Then the couple **** fast carry the set to the cashier :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop::furious:

**** piss but wat to do... While I was thinking whether to select the next best set, another couple saw me looking at the table and said,"That is a good design, we are ordering a new set! But it will took 10 weeks to reach!" :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

I hug the other set and bought it. There are scratches on the wood but I think I can easily remove it by using sandpaper and some vanish.

Anyway... An interesting shopping experience... :yamseng: :yamseng:

I went there yesterday. Saw a nice coffee table but still find it too ex at $400 display set. New is $640 but got 10% discount. I think maybe i can see other place first or check out internet. Then I went comfort design, nothing even close. At night I try to search the net for info. Nothing also... sigh.... :dunno:

So today I went AIR first to see see... **** chio but also **** ex... SO I went back to LUSH. Yesterday, there is 3 display set. Went I reach there, there is a couple checking out the set, I wait patiently for them. When they went to see some sofa, I proceed to inspect the set. Then I go discuss with my gf. Then the couple **** fast carry the set to the cashier :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop::furious:

**** piss but wat to do... While I was thinking whether to select the next best set, another couple saw me looking at the table and said,"That is a good design, we are ordering a new set! But it will took 10 weeks to reach!" :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

I hug the other set and bought it. There are scratches on the wood but I think I can easily remove it by using sandpaper and some vanish.

Anyway... An interesting shopping experience... :yamseng: :yamseng:

Wat a day for you! But at least you got what you wanted in the end. I went comfort many times but also bag notin from there...

After we bought the coffee table from LUSH. We went marina sq Home DIY to buy some walnut vanish. My gf also mentioned she like to buy a table lamp. We looked at Koncept but they are pretty ex. Then a Philips table lamp caught our eye. It has 4 colors (Grey, blue, green & pink). We bought the blue one. DIY got a promotion where u buy $200 worth of stuff, u get to buy their magazine at $1 and u get $20 off your purchases. I guess no one buy their magazine so they resort to this method.. haa...

philipstablelamp.jpg

Pure, natural light

• Bright cool white light

• Optimal light output with 100% uniform light color

• Pure, natural and dimmable light

Energy saving

• Built-in LED, as part of the system

• Instant, flicker-free start, with an electronic ballast

Technical specifications

• Wattage: 8 W

• Class of protection: III

• Light source: LED