Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

:sport-smiley-004:

I believe there is no dealer in Singapore. Anyway, I based my judgement on the reviews in Amazon and I'm not disappointed.

My sink is still waiting for the kitchen cabinet to be ready. I dun mind if u want to come see n touch it... :notti: :notti:

Erm.......I think he needs to visit the 4 buyers to feel and take measurements of the 4 different Kraus sinks :sport-smiley-004:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes, my faucet tap was mounted on top of the counter top though my square sink is undermount.

Thanks for the reply. Then I must talk to my ID le. He advise me to get sink that can mount tap on the sink but I like square sink

I believe there is no dealer in Singapore. Anyway, I based my judgement on the reviews in Amazon and I'm not disappointed.

My sink is still waiting for the kitchen cabinet to be ready. I dun mind if u want to come see n touch it... :notti: :notti:

Wa... haha, The material of the sink must be solid right? BTW, any mould or algae growing on the side of the seals where u apply the silicon to seal the gap between the countertop and the sink?

Wa... haha, The material of the sink must be solid right? BTW, any mould or algae growing on the side of the seals where u apply the silicon to seal the gap between the countertop and the sink?

I would expect the algae when given time to colonise the silicon area in a designated wet area. It is in their DNA to be around. Unless you can dry clean your kitchen utensiles and cutlery, you just got to accept the dark green thingy to make home on the silicon. :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks for the reply. Then I must talk to my ID le. He advise me to get sink that can mount tap on the sink but I like square sink

Hi, I believe to mount tap on sink u need to have round sink. I check Kraus site and they have the following.

ktm322.jpg

http://www.krausproducts.com/kraus-33-inch-topmount-5545-double-bowl-18-gauge-stainless-steel-kitchen-sink-ktm32_15627.html

ktm241.jpg

ktm243.jpg

http://www.krausproducts.com/kraus-25-inch-topmount-single-bowl-18-gauge-stainless-steel-kitchen-sink-ktm24_15633.html

Not so pretty hor.....

I'm not sure if it is any better for the tap mounted directly on the sink. I've seen how my sink cabinet was constructed. First the carpenter created the same size hole as the tap on the wooden carcass. Then the countertop guy created a hole on the countertop when he mount the countertop on the wooden carcass. The tap is mounted on top the countertop and screwed between a layer of the countertop and a layer of wood.

In your case I guess the sink would be on top the wooden carcuss. Then your carpenter might cut a bigger hole so that the tap is connected directly to the sink or he create the same size hole of the tap on the wooden carcass and the tap is screwed between a thin layer of sink and a layer of wood.

Which way is better, to mount tap directly on the sink or mount tap on the countertop? :dunno:

Seems like the double bowls rectangular sinks from kraus comes only as undermount. Is it advisable to do that as top mount?

Seems like the double bowls rectangular sinks from kraus comes only as undermount. Is it advisable to do that as top mount?

Hi, I don't think it is advisable. The edge is too small for top mount.

Hi all,

For those who bought the Kraus sink from Amazon, did u get the Kraus faucet too?

Hi, I did not. I bought a Grohe kitchen faucet. Don't think Kraus faucet looks pretty.... haa... :yamseng:

Hi, I did not. I bought a Grohe kitchen faucet. Don't think Kraus faucet looks pretty.... haa... :yamseng:

I bought one. quality I am happy with it so far, even though haven't install yet. Hehe

Edited by yokechye

Hi, I bought my kitchen sink online from Amazon too! I chosen an under-mount sink from Kohler. :P

It comes with a few very useful accessories, like a flip tray and cutting board and the grid. the cutting board sits on the sink so that when you are cutting meat and so on, the juice runs right into the sink.

I, too was concerned about the moldy silicone gel, but for things to work we need to have the edge flushed with the sink, so I told the solid top people to spread a very wide band of silicon gel around the sink when they install the top and wipe off all excess from exposed area so that there is no silicon gel for mold to grow on. So far that seem to work (8 months already). But I still wipe dry after each use if I can remember.

Here, is the intro video on the sink:

Here is how it looks in my kitchen.

imagewry.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HI! So inlove after watching the video.. && i think the 33" is not Bad either! I tried ordering at amazon but it keep saying it doesnt ship to my place..

How did you order?

Edited by Waniekilei

Hi Waniekilei,

Sorry for the late reply. I have just checked Amazon website and they no longer ship the sink to Singapore. The other one merchant that ships is selling at a higher price.

Amazon sent my sink via DHL and the freight is about $200.00 with additional $68 for GST as the item is more than SG$400.00. According to the product description by Amazon , the shipping weight is 75lbs, you may want to chk out comgateway or hopshopgo to see if it is worth shipping through them.

It is a great sink, I do all the messy preparation work in it. I didn't install the rack provided, I have installed the a sink drawer instead.

imagepdn.jpg

By

Edited by toonie

After seeing all of your good comments on Kraus sink, I ordered and just recievied my 30" sink today. I loved the quality and the accessories of the sink I received. I think it is really value for money ordering it from Amazon than getting it locally. It took only 4 days to deliver to the doorstep. Amazing..

Edited by just

After seeing all of your good comments on Klaus sink, I ordered and just recievied my 30" sink today. I loved the quality and the accessories of the sink I received. I think it is really value for money ordering it from Amazon than getting it locally. It took only 4 days to deliver to the doorstep. Amazing..

Welcome to the Klaus Club!! :yamseng: :yamseng:

Maybe you can share some photos after installation? :good: