Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

oh, so how do i block the rain? those roller blinds?

I'm also trying to figure out the best way to block the rain in the balcony.

Was thinking of roller blinds but am afraid it'll flap violently at the 2 sides when wind is strong (& tear?), plus how to prevent the rain water from flowing down at the 2 sides?

Sunshade.sg suggested installing a permanent U-shape drain by the side onto the wall, which we think will look kind of ugly.

Anyway, sunshade.sg service is very poor, got to chase & remind them to come my house to give suggestion & never come on time. Started contacting them before Chinese New Year, and until now no one follow up with me with a price quotation. I think their main business is coffee shop, perhaps too busy with their commercial projects & can't be bothered with business from 1 residential unit.

If anyone has a good recommendation of other roofing contractor please share it with me too.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I'm also trying to figure out the best way to block the rain in the balcony.

Was thinking of roller blinds but am afraid it'll flap violently at the 2 sides when wind is strong (& tear?), plus how to prevent the rain water from flowing down at the 2 sides?

Sunshade.sg suggested installing a permanent U-shape drain by the side onto the wall, which we think will look kind of ugly.

Anyway, sunshade.sg service is very poor, got to chase & remind them to come my house to give suggestion & never come on time. Started contacting them before Chinese New Year, and until now no one follow up with me with a price quotation. I think their main business is coffee shop, perhaps too busy with their commercial projects & can't be bothered with business from 1 residential unit.

If anyone has a good recommendation of other roofing contractor please share it with me too.

LLCC, I emailed sunshade.sg several times but NO ONE contact me! I gave up! I source myself and am meeting the guy tomorrow. Will let u know the outcome if he is good :)

Mrs Lim, hey can share with me your final quotation and the things that you do?

I am meeting uncle tomorrow. Will give you my english quote if i have...else a chinese one will be his "standard" handwritten quote.

Unfortunately, I have none. But just to share, a EM owner once told me that she regretted doing those aluminium roller shutters from the top, cuz when she closes them halfway, they'll keep banging against the rails when the wind blow, and it's really very irritating. So if possible, don't do tat k? :P

When I bought my resale EM 2 years ago, my service balcony alrready comes with the aluminium roller shutter installed by the previous owner. So far, I have not encounter any of the "banging". In fact, I enjoy having this roller shutter as I can fully open/close and any opening positions I like.

I am meeting uncle tomorrow. Will give you my english quote if i have...else a chinese one will be his "standard" handwritten quote.

getting house and reno house is a real headache...Brian is a fortunate man..ha

When I bought my resale EM 2 years ago, my service balcony alrready comes with the aluminium roller shutter installed by the previous owner. So far, I have not encounter any of the "banging". In fact, I enjoy having this roller shutter as I can fully open/close and any opening positions I like.

Thanks for this feedback. I will still go ahead with the shutter as I feel that this will be more convenient :) I like to have the open up feel of the balcony and like an "outdoor" feel for the kids to play there too!

getting house and reno house is a real headache...Brian is a fortunate man..ha

hmm...go tell him! He always thinks it's easy work for me...just call and call...I am also the one sourcing for the other stuff, and feeding him the info.

Ooo! That's good to know. Maybe it's that particular EM owner's alum roller shutter that got pblm bah. heheheeh

hmm...go tell him! He always thinks it's easy work for me...just call and call...I am also the one sourcing for the other stuff, and feeding him the info.

yah today we just talked about you at work. he said that you issued him a warning last week, that if he doesn't make up his mind, you will buy watever you like...haha he also said that you finally got the sofa you liked.

i was telling him that maybe i just copy the same same reno as you all did...cos you put in so much effort!

yah today we just talked about you at work. he said that you issued him a warning last week, that if he doesn't make up his mind, you will buy watever you like...haha he also said that you finally got the sofa you liked.

i was telling him that maybe i just copy the same same reno as you all did...cos you put in so much effort!

talked about me? The ultimatum came cos i was really drained out from all the shopping and compromising activities for the kids! He will not let me buy what I want else I will buy those nice nice ex ex things that I loved! :dribble:

Maybe u wana work with your wifey on the reno? He contributessome ideas these days, tho most times I will not understand his concept...I had updated my tblog on the quote. u can hav a look there :)

hey guys...seem like it easy to get a EM. but so far i have search around......

seem like the EM are over price?? 500k above?

anyone where have any recommand on cheaper EM??

thanks!!!

thanks!!!

not exactly. It depends on the estate that u're eyeing the EM. If its near to the central area of that estate eg. Tampines, Hougang then it'll definitely cost alot more than those EMs that are further away from the central and need to take buses to reach the central area.

thanks!!!

Agree with hello88 that it's not really that easy to get an EM. After all, there's limited no. of them, since HDB is no longer building them.

It depends on where u're looking for too. For example in Jurong, my area (JW st41 and JEst31) are pretty hard to get. But if you'll like to consider the EMs near PIE, then it's slighter easier and cheaper, as they're further from MRT and slightly more inaccessible. Both areas lesser than 500k can get liao.

If you're looking at Bt Batok/Gombak, nearer to MRT/West Mall, the EMs are very x (over 500k). But those inner ones are cheaper, some can even go for slightly below 400k. :)

Which areas u searching for? :)

While I was looking for my unit, those that we had viewed are all asking for almost 600K or lowest is 530k. Not really near MRT, but closer to this one that I have bought. It's just lucky that I managed that get a corner unit that I like, and they had already bought the recess area :)

Mine is 475k. We nego on the price actually...the seller wanted more then, but then the crisis came, so I think they just wanted to let go of this unit.

same Q, which area are u looking at?

Hehe, looks like we have lots of prices at different areas for blues_bleu. Hougang/Tampines from hello88, Jurong/BB from me, Pasir Ris from familyof4. Can check out trashley's tblog for yishun EM. :)