Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
charlesyeo

Stay Near Parents Grant Rejected

:P

I think I need to improve my searching skill :P

Its not your searching skills, I search for it since few months back and it wasnt there. either HDB website is so hard to navigate or my email actually works. Nevertheless, I'm glad the website says it. Now its left with letter. Is HDB going to change the requirements of parents or inlaws printed behind and make sure it is crucial?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I do agreed with the importance of indicating in the letter parents should be present during the 1st appt for grant. I for sure will not read HDB websites since I'm represented by an agent. Your agent also screw up big time.

Write to KBH better than ding dong with HDB.

I do agreed with the importance of indicating in the letter parents should be present during the 1st appt for grant. I for sure will not read HDB websites since I'm represented by an agent. Your agent also screw up big time.

Write to KBH better than ding dong with HDB.

Agree. When attention to big shot, they act faster.

Its not your searching skills, I search for it since few months back and it wasnt there. either HDB website is so hard to navigate or my email actually works. Nevertheless, I'm glad the website says it. Now its left with letter. Is HDB going to change the requirements of parents or inlaws printed behind and make sure it is crucial?

if you had an agent, then your agent screwed up big time. You should get your agent to settle this for you or not pay him the commission.

Else...write in nicely and politely again to HDB, cc to KBW, LHL and your MP. Ask them nicely for help as you have been misinformed by their letter.

Sure someone will get back to you within 1 day.

a complain letter shooting them will not help.

if you had an agent, then your agent screwed up big time. You should get your agent to settle this for you or not pay him the commission.

Else...write in nicely and politely again to HDB, cc to KBW, LHL and your MP. Ask them nicely for help as you have been misinformed by their letter.

Sure someone will get back to you within 1 day.

a complain letter shooting them will not help.

Thank you everyone for empathizing. My agent has since apologised on that day and I have since forgave him. It is not the first time he and his team has applied for grant without the presence of parnts. But Its normal to make mistakes and he has promised that such issue will not happen to his future clients. I've also paid him the agreed commision.

I created this topic

1) to check if anyone has the same issue as me.

2) To make sure that no one else in the future will go through this again. And for that to happen, Minimumly, the appt letter got to change the requirements for grant. This 10k grant will not change my life. but it will affect alot of other folks.

If HDB still take no effort and keep trying to cover its mistake, then I will write to the authorities higher up and the media.

Is it so hard to write a letter saying they will do the changes, make sure no one else will have this issue, and answer why I can't engage a lawyer. If the presence of a lawyer is able to get the grant, apologise to me for the mistake and being rude?

Thank you eveyone for taking time to go through this issue. and for those also to take time to search the website.

Thank you everyone for empathizing. My agent has since apologised on that day and I have since forgave him. It is not the first time he and his team has applied for grant without the presence of parnts. But Its normal to make mistakes and he has promised that such issue will not happen to his future clients. I've also paid him the agreed

So funny. U believed your agent so much. I dun think anyone would have gotten away without parent's presence.

I applied for Higher-tier grant too. The resale first appointment comes with a "LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO BE PRODUCED AT 1ST APPOINTMENT BY BUYER". It states "Note: Parents/married child must attend the 1st appointment personally with the buyers". So both website and resale 1st appointment letter has the info lor...

I applied for Higher-tier grant too. The resale first appointment comes with a "LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO BE PRODUCED AT 1ST APPOINTMENT BY BUYER". It states "Note: Parents/married child must attend the 1st appointment personally with the buyers". So both website and resale 1st appointment letter has the info lor...

Actually, it is worded differently....

http://www.limyumu.com/1/post/2012/10/october-18th-2012.html

btw for bto near-parent scheme, the parents just need to sign on an agreement form and not neccessary for them to be in present during the appointment day.

I think housing agent should be well versed with HDB requirements , so that as a buyer, we r not ignorant.....

There r just too many things to remember, whether as a buyer or seller.... I m always confused.

Private property is less complicated.

Well a long thread indeed ...

The threadstarter wants to complain on rudeness, but HDB wants to move on and continue the transactions (you can't blame HDB for this as they have really no time to investigate on rudeness behavior,their KPI is to ensure you get your flat asap)

Well, threadstarter wants to stop the rudeness from going on, therefore he plan to raise a complaint. Maybe he can try to work in HDB and setup a Quality and Superior customer service ...

Or maybe once threadstarter gets the new HDB, he so happy that he totally forgot about the rudeness and don't bother to complain anymore ...

<I applied for Higher-tier grant too. The resale first appointment comes with a "LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO BE PRODUCED AT 1ST APPOINTMENT BY BUYER". It states "Note: Parents/married child must attend the 1st appointment personally with the buyers". So both website and resale 1st appointment letter has the info lor...>

long thread indeed.

I applied for the exact same scheme 7 years ago; and the same rules apply and it was stated on HDB site - nothing's changed, nor did HDB add the liner after TS complain. I was also informed to bring my in laws along during my appointment in my 1st appointment letter - no lapse in service whatsoever.

TS obviously missed all of the above and is now blaming everyone at HDB except him/herself and still expect HDB to correct their mistake?

now TS try to divert away for initial complain to say its about the rudeness of the officer.

So far, my experience with HDB officers are all positive - yes they can be slow, delay here and there but will hardly be rude to me.

To answer TS post:

1) to check if anyone has the same issue as me. - Not me, cos it's stated clearly in HDB website and in the 1st appointment letter.

2) To make sure that no one else in the future will go through this again. And for that to happen, Minimumly, the appt letter got to change the requirements for grant. This 10k grant will not change my life. but it will affect alot of other folks. - kudos to you but HDB/ CPF hardly screw up the grant scheme eligibility cos it's Ah Gong's money $$$. If they do or when they do; they will rectify it promptly so long it's proven you're indeed eligible. This happen to my colleague when he applied for resale stay near parent; they missed the grant portion and promptly apologised; did the paperwork for the grant and put in place every nicely for him.