Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Z3phy

Resale 4Rm Flat In Pasir Ris

Hi guys

remember i updated previously that the contactor gave us the laminates catalogue to go through?

Here's wat we finally decided on.

:rolleyes: (Although the exact "pattern" and quantity is not final.)

Using piano white and black for kitchen and both piano white with a lil bit of volcano for bedroom 2.

20130222_081745_zpse0470809.jpg

Laminate for all wardrobes

20130222_081926_zpsd3f3d5a4.jpg

For showcase and shoe cabinets (black and white ones)

20130222_082006_zps93b807cc.jpg

Using Scorpius for cabinet in bathroom

20130222_082102_zpse2f2a397.jpg

Update again when we choose our tiles =) so exciting.... :sport-smiley-004:

finally getting the keys in less than 10 days!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

An update on the things we bought! :dancingqueen:

1. MHI air con system 3
  2. 48" acryllic fan (6 units!!!)
  3. Queen bed from Serta (Sophistication i think)
  4. Samsung side by side fridge RS552NRUA1J
  5. Free gift from Samsung: CBTL coffee maker
  6. Sugawa Ceramic/induction cooker (from JB)

Still looking ard for oven/microwave,washing machine, etc.

Anyone knows the difference between a built in oven and a stand alone oven?

the difference in prices is quite significant.

:jawdrop:

Last saturday the agents arranged for inspection. We went up and all their things werent cleared.

:furious:

So our agent will be going down again on thursday and if all goes well, we'll get the keys on Friday. :dribble:

So we noticed there were much more to hack ((built in wardrobes with gymsum boards!) and i guess that means having to spend more $$$!!! sigh... rising cost again. =(

An update on the things we bought! :dancingqueen:

1. MHI air con system 3
  2. 48" acryllic fan (6 units!!!)
  3. Queen bed from Serta (Sophistication i think)
  4. Samsung side by side fridge RS552NRUA1J
  5. Free gift from Samsung: CBTL coffee maker
  6. Sugawa Ceramic/induction cooker (from JB)

Last saturday the agents arranged for inspection. We went up and all their things werent cleared.

:furious:

So our agent will be going down again on thursday and if all goes well, we'll get the keys on Friday. :dribble:

So we noticed there were much more to hack ((built in wardrobes with gymsum boards!) and i guess that means having to spend more $$$!!! sigh... rising cost again. =(

Finally the wait is over...me too burst my budget after the Reno is done. There 1001 things not accounted for during the quotation stage. Many hidden cost and item not included...in the end, more money spend. Last but not least, will be the touching up issues after the Reno is finished...and that's the real headache. Anyway, wishing you a smooth Reno... :sport-smiley-018:

Finally the wait is over...me too burst my budget after the Reno is done. There 1001 things not accounted for during the quotation stage. Many hidden cost and item not included...in the end, more money spend. Last but not least, will be the touching up issues after the Reno is finished...and that's the real headache. Anyway, wishing you a smooth Reno... :sport-smiley-018:

Hihi multi888!

how's ur new home? no pics up on your t-blog leh! Wanna see your finished reno, sure swee swee.

yah... haven start reno already incur top up! lucky we only had to select 3 types of tiles.

Toilet Floor

went to select tiles last sat. my toilet floor tiles exceed by abt 80cents per sq ft. so the top up shld be abt $80? approximately.

was kinda picky about our floor tiles as we've seen how the slime attaches itself to the uneven surface. so we were looking for a surface that's not slippery when wet, at the same time, easy to maintain.

Toilet wall

We were looking for sth plain and white to match our mosaic (black & white) tiles. Bought the mosaic tiles from taobao. not sure if they will arrive on time *kancheong like spider now*

the mosaic look sth like that..each tiny tile is 2.5cm.

Mosaictile_zpsfe33cac7.jpg

Kitchen Floor

looked for cement lookalike. since our living room is doing screeding.

Here are our shortlisted tiles. :unsure:

Top row is kitchen floor.

Mid row for toilet walls. first one one the left is plain white. the other two have faint horizontal lines across.

Bottom row for toilet floor.

Tileselection_zpsf532a1e2.jpg

you cant really see the details of the tile from the pic though.

Edited by Z3phy

Here's my ceiling fan. we just bought 6 units of the same kind, same colour. :bleah:

FancoFan_zps55406fdd.jpg

first stop: Stepped into Illum lighting. the salesperson there was very knowledgable. Even though we did not buy from him, i would still recommend him as he was sincere and patient. He even "showed" us how to measure if our room got space for a 56" fan. did a demo with a measuring tape, with our feet indicating where our tracklights will be. it was quite funny. I did not wan to commit to i told him we will buy from him if he's the best offer.

Walked down the entire( almost) Balestier stretch. end up eating the 333 bak kut Teh. quite nice leh. the braised intestine was so soft and tasty. *drools* :dribble:

ok.. back to reality.

Chan Huat was one of the most prominent shop. and the prices vary shop to shop too. there was a $20 difference for the same item which was abt 15% price diff.

so you got to try your luck.. walk all the shops and compare if you are like me... must get best deal kind.

anyway, we finally got our fans from a shop just next to the bak kut teh stall. they first offered abt $30 more than the first shop. but after negotiating (as we wanted to buy 5 units) we bought it just slightly lower than Illum's price. Cheap cheap fans! :bleah:

oh yah... also passed by the traditional shop selling old fashion "sock" coffee. smell so nice. bought some home to try. =)

Oh and here's my fridge!

RS552NRUA1J-SamsungFridge_zps0fba85e2.jpg

It's MIC. but who cares. looks nice can le. Overheard salesman telling some customer not to get.. get another one ($700 more) coz made in Korea. We not so rich lo.

Hihi multi888!

how's ur new home? no pics up on your t-blog leh! Wanna see your finished reno, sure swee swee.

yah... haven start reno already incur top up! lucky we only had to select 3 types of tiles.

Yes, my Reno is completed only with some small touching up here and there. Very lazy to post pictures cause house is still in a small mess. :yamseng:

Edited by multi888

With my limited knowledge (hahaha), both stand alone and built in ovens are no different, except one is built in to fit the space. But that's provided you compare the same ovens. I assume you're not talking about actual stand alone ovens, but the usual work top ovens that you find in the market.

The usual work top ovens that are sold in the local market are actually microwave ovens, which don't bake as well as typical convection ovens. I find that microwave ovens make my pies and cookies more moist and less crunchy. Maybe that's just me haha :P

Hihi multi888!

Toilet Floor

went to select tiles last sat. my toilet floor tiles exceed by abt 80cents per sq ft. so the top up shld be abt $80? approximately.

was kinda picky about our floor tiles as we've seen how the slime attaches itself to the uneven surface. so we were looking for a surface that's

Toilet wall

We were looking for sth plain and white to match our mosaic (black & white) tiles. Bought the mosaic tiles from taobao. not sure if they will arrive on time *kancheong like spider now*

the mosaic look sth like that..each tiny tile is 2.5cm.

Mosaictile_zpsfe33cac7.jpg

Like your mosaic! They are 3D, different from what we have seen so far - good choice!

Like your mosaic! They are 3D, different from what we have seen so far - good choice!

Hihi makanology

Mine's not 3d la.. it's just sth like that. i havent seen the actual thing. but i really doubt it's 3d.

Hihi makanology

Mine's not 3d la.. it's just sth like that. i havent seen the actual thing. but i really doubt it's 3d.

Let us know when the tiles are here, curious :D

With my limited knowledge (hahaha), both stand alone and built in ovens are no different, except one is built in to fit the space. But that's provided you compare the same ovens. I assume you're not talking about actual stand alone ovens, but the usual work top ovens that you find in the market.

The usual work top ovens that are sold in the local market are actually microwave ovens, which don't bake as well as typical convection ovens. I find that microwave ovens make my pies and cookies more moist and less crunchy. Maybe that's just me haha :P

:rolleyes:

is there really a difference in the texture?? lol. i was argueing with a fren that they're the same.

then maybe i do need an oven AND a microwave. *money fly*