Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Z3phy

Resale 4Rm Flat In Pasir Ris

Oh and here's my fridge!

RS552NRUA1J-SamsungFridge_zps0fba85e2.jpg

It's MIC. but who cares. looks nice can le. Overheard salesman telling some customer not to get.. get another one ($700 more) coz made in Korea. We not so rich lo.

Where u buy this from and what brand? Looks chio :dribble:

Edited by bleucheeze

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyone knows the difference between a built in oven and a stand alone oven?

the difference in prices is quite significant.

:jawdrop:

Based on my limited knowledge, both are quite different. Built-in oven usually gives a more stable temperature n there is usually a fan to assist in heat circulation, so things are baked/grilled more evenly --> better texture, won't be one side darker than the other side. I have been using table top oven and can't wait to ditch it for a built-in one!

Perhaps can share more about what do u intend to use your oven for? If u are tight on budget, only intend to use oven for very simple things and need a microwave, can consider buying a microwave and oven toaster first (those super simple n small kind). Once u have more cash on hand, can then invest in a table top oven.

for me, it's the size issue..

with a built-in oven, i will be able to make a full size pizza, bake more cookies in a batch and maybe even a whole bird..

i think i have a pretty big table top oven, but thing is, when i try to fit a pizza tray in, the door wun close..

Yes, my Reno is completed only with some small touching up here and there. Very lazy to post pictures cause house is still in a small mess. :yamseng:

lol. ok. i think maybe i will get lazy after my reno too.

Where u buy this from and what brand? Looks chio :dribble:

The fridge?

it's Samsung. can be found everywhere. i saw it at Courts, Best etc. but i bought mine from Mega. services sucks but I asked for it la.

the story is.. the fridge comes with free gift (cbtl coffee machine). we placed downpayment at the Mega expo sale. so... to collect the free gift, we have to go down to Mega at Kallang to make full payment then take the receipt to free gift collection centre at suntec. So troublesome.

problem is... i lost the receipt for the downpayment. the aunty at the kallang store kept scolding us. lol. it was almost hilarious. "how can you lose such an important document? now we have records, can help u reprint. if we dun have how? " she kept repeating the above. we just stand there and let her niam. Her name oso quite cute. "Ca*dy"

:dancingqueen:

hahaha.. me and my long story.

Based on my limited knowledge, both are quite different. Built-in oven usually gives a more stable temperature n there is usually a fan to assist in heat circulation, so things are baked/grilled more evenly --> better texture, won't be one side darker than the other side. I have been using table top oven and can't wait to ditch it for a built-in one!

Perhaps can share more about what do u intend to use your oven for? If u are tight on budget, only intend to use oven for very simple things and need a microwave, can consider buying a microwave and oven toaster first (those super simple n small kind). Once u have more cash on hand, can then invest in a table top oven.

the oven is used for simple baking like muffins & carrot cakes. Dont ask me for recipe if you're a health freak. lol. mine's really soft and oily. yumyum! then maybe the microwave is for heating up food quickly?

Edited by Z3phy

Here's my ceiling fan. we just bought 6 units of the same kind, same colour. :bleah:

FancoFan_zps55406fdd.jpg

first stop: Stepped into Illum lighting. the salesperson there was very knowledgable. Even though we did not buy from him, i would still recommend him as he was sincere and patient. He even "showed" us how to measure if our room got space for a 56" fan. did a demo with a measuring tape, with our feet indicating where our tracklights will be. it was quite funny. I did not wan to commit to i told him we will buy from him if he's the best offer.

Walked down the entire( almost) Balestier stretch. end up eating the 333 bak kut Teh. quite nice leh. the braised intestine was so soft and tasty. *drools* :dribble:

ok.. back to reality.

Chan Huat was one of the most prominent shop. and the prices vary shop to shop too. there was a $20 difference for the same item which was abt 15% price diff.

so you got to try your luck.. walk all the shops and compare if you are like me... must get best deal kind.

anyway, we finally got our fans from a shop just next to the bak kut teh stall. they first offered abt $30 more than the first shop. but after negotiating (as we wanted to buy 5 units) we bought it just slightly lower than Illum's price. Cheap cheap fans! :bleah:

oh yah... also passed by the traditional shop selling old fashion "sock" coffee. smell so nice. bought some home to try. =)

spending in full gear huh? haha!

the fan looks like same model as mine: Fanco FFM4000 3-blade 48"? (can pm me how much u bou?) i bou 2 units for my bedrooms, one c/w light. oso bou the FFM6000 5-blade 48" for my living...

njoy more shopping! love to see ur progress..:)

Edited by jus4fun

for me, it's the size issue..

with a built-in oven, i will be able to make a full size pizza, bake more cookies in a batch and maybe even a whole bird..

i think i have a pretty big table top oven, but thing is, when i try to fit a pizza tray in, the door wun close..

Hi Alisa

thanks for sharing. have you bought a built in oven?

was looking at the more affordable built in ovens. any idea which brand is better?

Rinnai, Ariston, Bosch or Delizia. they have ovens at $600 plus or lower.

Hi Alisa

thanks for sharing. have you bought a built in oven?

was looking at the more affordable built in ovens. any idea which brand is better?

Rinnai, Ariston, Bosch or Delizia. they have ovens at $600 plus or lower.

Bosch is good! Can never go wrong with Bosch right? Heh. Is Miele more expensive than Bosch? That's a good brand too.

the fan looks like same model as mine: Fanco FFM4000 3-blade 48"? (can pm me how much u bou?) i bou 2 units for my bedrooms, one c/w light. oso bou the 5-blade FFM6000 5-blade 48" for my living...

hullo jus4fun!

full gear meh.. i buying low end items only leh. i know RT-ers got very high class taste.

lol. ok will PM u in a while. i personally prefer 3 blades. lesser is better. 5 blades looks complicated. actually some shops sell both fans at same price! but i still chose the 3 blades one. :sport-smiley-004:

ur place reno start le ma?

Bosch is good! Can never go wrong with Bosch right? Heh. Is Miele more expensive than Bosch? That's a good brand too.

ok. if Bosch is the way to go, then only 1 choice. if Mr B (budget) gets in the way, then i'll consider Ariston or Rinnai. think $450? ard there.

hullo jus4fun!

full gear meh.. i buying low end items only leh. i know RT-ers got very high class taste.

lol. ok will PM u in a while. i personally prefer 3 blades. lesser is better. 5 blades looks complicated. actually some shops sell both fans at same price! but i still chose the 3 blades one. :sport-smiley-004:

ur place reno start le ma?

Start le ma? Lol! It was done n completed Apr-Jun las yr but still lurking ard to k-po.. Haha! :P Seeing u ppl going thru it makes me itchy again.. how I wish it could be re-done this way that way some other way... jus kidding! Not until the nex major reno or hse in decade(s) to come ba! ;)

Edited by jus4fun

Start le ma? Lol! It was done n completed Apr-Jun las yr but still lurking ard to k-po.. Haha! :P Seeing u ppl going thru it makes me itchy again.. how I wish it could be re-done this way that way some other way... jus kidding! Not until the nex major reno or hse in decade(s) to come ba! ;)

LOL~

ended le ah?

after going thru some of the T-blogs, i'm quite worried lo. expecting a lot of issues with carpentry, wiring, space constraints etc.

plus my toilet issue havent settle. 50cm walking space - to do or not to do?

the fan looks like same model as mine: Fanco FFM4000 3-blade 48"? (can pm me how much u bou?) i bou 2 units for my bedrooms, one c/w light. oso bou the 5-blade FFM6000 5-blade 48" for my living...

oh yah, jus4fun, wana check with you. how is the fan ah?

some sellers say it's noisy. coz very near to ceiling.

some say no wind ask me buy lower fans.

oh yah, jus4fun, wana check with you. how is the fan ah?

some sellers say it's noisy. coz very near to ceiling.

some say no wind ask me buy lower fans.

Wind is good. At least working fine for me. If not so hot & unit relatively windy, use low can liao. Usu i on med. In fact i nvr on hi before...

No worry about noise. Almost negligible (except wind noise of cos) even on med/high speed :)

Our HDB ceiling not so high (mine only 2.6m, urs?) so need go high else cannot stretch arms overhead.. :o heehee! My 5-blade in the living rm is lower though...

Mayb i show u some pics of mine later...

Edited by jus4fun

Wind is good. At least working fine for me. If not so hot & unit relatively windy, use low can liao. Usu i on med. In fact i nvr on hi before...

No worry about noise. Almost negligible (except wind noise of cos) even on med/high speed :)

Our HDB ceiling not so high (mine only 2.6m, urs?) so need go high else cannot stretch arms overhead.. :o heehee! My 5-blade in the living rm is lower though...

Mayb i show u some pics of mine later...

ok. sounds good then! after hearing from u, im so glad i stuck to my choice.

i wan a fan nearer to ceiling.. coz i'm using track lights mah.. if not a lot of shadows.

and we're quite short.. maybe must jump then can reach. lol

:sport-smiley-004:

i think my ceiling is abt 2.7 or 2.8? coz highest floor. mine's a short blk.

ok! look forward to your pics!

oh yah. wanna share with you guys.. one of my favourite items. If you guys been to Home-fix, you will find it familiar.

Dispenser_zpsd4af1cad.jpg