Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Z3phy

Resale 4Rm Flat In Pasir Ris

Sounds great, I will go check it out then! What light bulbs is the fan using ah? LED?

Jus normal bulbs for me. Not sure if can do LED though

Edited by jus4fun

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

From my experience, rainbow blinds do not work that well because you still have to roll it up to get sufficient light to do most things. The translucent fabric does not let in enough light. Whereas for Venetian blinds, you can just open the shutters for a good amount of light. The act of rolling the blinds up and down too many times will decrease the lifespan of the mechanism. My rainbow blinds (Hunter Douglas) at my current home has only been installed for a couple of years and the mechanism has broken down in two of the rooms.

Thanks for sharing. Nothing beats the experience of someone who has been using it for a longer period. I din go for Venetian bcos like to roll up the blinds for a full window view in the day. i oso found it too 'hard' n easier to collect dust since it's 'exposed' at all times.. N rainbow's better than those one full sheet of blind kind... Probably by the time the mechanism spoils (hopefully not) in several yrs to come, it's time to refresh the look too :P kekeke... Anyway to each wat one likes, personal preference la... :)

Edited by jus4fun

Hi, wondering if you are using induction or burner hob? Initially we wanted to put 1 ceiling fan in the kitchen cos that's where our dining table is gonna be. But we are using burner hob so it seems silly to turn on the fan while maintaining a good fire for some dishes LOL

I'm using a 2in 1 hob. Ceramic cum induction.

Bought in JB de. Brand is Sugawa. Anyone heard of it? Took a plunge coz of the duo function. And can use 13A socket.

Unlike others.

Makanology, u can still install fan. Turn on only after u cook lo.

But hor... Using burning hob will be even oilier leh. More cleaning!

I am not renovating my bathrooms, no budget :~ The bathroom cabinets are normal plywood lor, no sign of rotting so far. I think plywood should be fine lah, my current place one also wood and we stay here for 10 years since our last reno.

Or u can go see those sink and cabinet combined kinda design when u go jln besar this weekend. Not sure what material though.

Yah. Those are what I will be looking out for. There are some SS ones but very limited design and color. Saw universal union webbie got some too. And guess wat, the pictures look exactly like those in TB. Wat a pity it's so late now. If not can order from TB.

Not entirely cloth type of fabric la. Can vacuum or dust off or lightly damp wipe de. I use close to 9 months liao so far so gd. Bcos roll dwn only at night n can roll up into a housing so doesn't really collect dust.

Think I over-spent on my curtains n blinds. I hv 2 sets of rainbow blinds for living hall (3.1m) + bedrm (2.3m) n 1 set of full length day+night curtains for MBR (2.3m) totaling $2.3K. Unfortunately I dun hv the breakdown as the invoice was in lump sum. So u go curtain hse to chk it out ba! Remember to ask for breakdown of quote in price per ft which I overlooked.. :(

Actually I hate cleaning...love anything that requires low maintenance. That's why I never did like curtains. Lazy me.

Initially wanna do blinds for living room and br3. Coz they are at the corridor. Now I'm thinking of just doing frosted window. No blinds or curtains.

Only putting blinds in MBR and the br2 lo. I will check out this rainbow blind thing. If not suitable, I'll go for roller kinds anyway.

From my experience, rainbow blinds do not work that well because you still have to roll it up to get sufficient light to do most things. The translucent fabric does not let in enough light. Whereas for Venetian blinds, you can just open the shutters for a good amount of light. The act of rolling the blinds up and down too many times will decrease the lifespan of the mechanism. My rainbow blinds (Hunter Douglas) at my current home has only been installed for a couple of years and the mechanism has broken down in two of the rooms.

Hihi razzberrie

I think I'm quite ok with roller b linds coz my previous place I used the ikea type for abt 5 year. And still working fine. But they are not the rainbow kind la. Maybe that one harder to maintain.

But thanks for sharing! Always love another point of view!

for cleaning of fans, better to buy a good ladder. that way, want to clean also easier.... my cleaning aunty loves my ladder cos its so stable and have a handle to hold one when at the top step so not so scary.

she cleans my fan on weekly basis.... if don't clean, can see all the dirt collecting on it loh......

for cleaning of fans, better to buy a good ladder. that way, want to clean also easier.... my cleaning aunty loves my ladder cos its so stable and have a handle to hold one when at the top step so not so scary.

she cleans my fan on weekly basis.... if don't clean, can see all the dirt collecting on it loh......

looks like i need clean mine too more frequently.. mayb not on a weekly basis though cos no hv cleaning aunty.. :(

May - urs 钟点女佣? pte engagement, or thru agent? i'm exploring similar to do my windows, kitchen cabinets, and of cos, the ceiling fans.. heehee! mind pm me? thx!

looks like i need clean mine too more frequently.. mayb not on a weekly basis though cos no hv cleaning aunty.. :(

May - urs 钟点女佣? pte engagement, or thru agent? i'm exploring similar to do my windows, kitchen cabinets, and of cos, the ceiling fans.. heehee! mind pm me? thx!

already pm-ed to you. ehhh... sorry ah... i don't read chinese.

already pm-ed to you. ehhh... sorry ah... i don't read chinese.

Oops sorry, it meant exactly wat u titled the pm.. got it! thanks!

Edited by jus4fun

Z3phy, I also thinking of doing rainbow blind! Such blind and roller kind should be easy to clean right, just vacuum?

lol... dun ask me! i think my 5 year old blinds din even get cleaned once a year.

that's why i opt for low maintenance things. no fabric, no aluminium fans. :dribble:

lol... dun ask me! i think my 5 year old blinds din even get cleaned once a year.

that's why i opt for low maintenance things. no fabric, no aluminium fans. :dribble:

Er.. think our ceiling fans are aluminium blades leh.. haha! :P

Er.. think our ceiling fans are aluminium blades leh.. haha! :P

eh! no la. mine is acryllic!!

urs oso la. dun scare me!

FFM3000 is aluminium. FFM4000 is acrylic.

aluminium got that sticky sticky feel when u wipe off the dust.EEEwwww.

eh! no la. mine is acryllic!!

urs oso la. dun scare me!

FFM3000 is aluminium. FFM4000 is acrylic.

aluminium got that sticky sticky feel when u wipe off the dust.EEEwwww.

acryllic also will have dust stuck to it lah..... my standing fans are acryllic also super dirty loh.....

acryllic also will have dust stuck to it lah..... my standing fans are acryllic also super dirty loh.....

yah.. but acryllic can wipe easily. compared to alu.

can u imagine the dust accumulated in the fabric sofas? :jawdrop: