Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
3Dyms

Mon Petite Chateau @ Bt Batok

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

How come your tiling is done the last? For my reno, the tiling almost all done first, before wiring/piping/aircon.

My tiling is done after these works cos I'm doing concealed piping (for aircon) and electricals for certain areas. Trying hard to minimize trunkings. :D

For my aircon, my installers already came twice. The first time was to discuss with my contractor on the running of the piping and wirings. The second time, they came to install the pipes, wires & trunking only. The next time they come, then the fan coil and compressor will go up. I prefer the aircon to be done this way as we can minimize trunking errors and do rectification works early (if required).

Edited by 3Dyms

hi all pls consider the maintenance cost for designer toilet bowls.

esp the bowls that are odd sized ie non oval shapped

we paid double for the designer the toilet seat over the normal ones.

instead of retyping the info here, please see the details here

Thanks for the helpful feedback. :)

My condo unit came with these 'designer' WC's, so was quite aware of most points highlighted - especially the replacement for a broken seat cover. That was a expensive lesson. :D.

Fortunately, potty training was not difficult as my gals learnt to do it without the child covers. Rather useful, as public toilets don't come with child seat covers too. Nevertheless, thanks lots for sharing. These are truly valid points and many people may not be aware and buy expensive designer bowls without taking maintenance into consideration. *thumbs up*

Updates as at 03July 2013

So... after my last update last Thursday, a lot more stuffs has been done and a few hiccups occurring too. Some oversights on my end, whilst others are due to last minute changes. So lets start....

1) Tiling works are 90% done. Now left some stuffs like tiling the box ups in the bathrooms, and the service balcony. Yippee!!!

Lets take a look at some of the completed works:

qjmv.jpg

ci8f.jpg

l556.jpg

966y.jpg

Edited by 3Dyms

Thanks Makanology. The soundbar is also a 3D Blu Ray player. We reckon better to get that, so we do not need to buy separate pieces. Less clutter on the console. heheh. :P

Smart choice! We got a soundbar with the player installed too. Now that we're living in the house and using the things, it's the best decision we've ever made :P

2) Hiccup # 1. Unsightly and weird placement of pipings by HDB.

Haiz.... because of these pipes, I have had to change several things. The first and saddest thing, I cannot do my ceiling cornice anymore. Because I will be having L box and false ceiling, this pushes the ceiling height down. But yet, the false ceiling will not be low enough to hide these **** pipes. A separate box-up has to be done. Then... because of this additional box up, I cannot do cornice or the whole ceiling will look too strange. See pics below for clearer illustration:

rytk.jpg

it45.jpg

Edited by 3Dyms

3) Hiccup #2. My oversight.... did not notice these ugly trunkings on the ceiling.

Now I want my contractor to do conceal wirings for these. aarrgghh... dunno why these old flats got wire trunkings everywhere. So costly if I'm going to conceal it all. So, only selected ones are concealed. Like these ugly ones on the ceiling. Will be an absolute 'pain' when ever I look up to switch on the fan and see these.

rtc4.jpg

qlws.jpg

4) Hiccup #3: My oversight.... ugly pipings (again).

This time, they are big *** fat ones in the service balcony. Wondering whether to do a box up for the horizontal pipe, or just leave it be? The vertical tall pipes will be covered to a certain height by my full height kitchen cabinets (about 8ft tall). The rest of the tall pipes will be too high and not so noticeable. But... this horizontal pipe is a major eyesore! How? How? Tomorrow going to discuss with contractor & carpenter on best way around this.

nxer.jpg

4) Hiccup #3: My oversight.... ugly pipings (again).

This time, they are big *** fat ones in the service balcony. Wondering whether to do a box up for the horizontal pipe, or just leave it be? The vertical tall pipes will be covered to a certain height by my full height kitchen cabinets (about 8ft tall). The rest of the tall pipes will be too high and not so noticeable. But... this horizontal pipe is a major eyesore! How? How? Tomorrow going to discuss with contractor & carpenter on best way around this.

nxer.jpg

I always say, pick a nice color and paint it! :D

Despite the hiccups this past few days, a few surprises awaited me today.

1) my louvre PD bathroom doors are up! Would have preferred the real wood louvre doors, but due to budget, these aluminium ones will have to do for now. :P

69o4.th.jpg

2) whilst taking an exterior shot of my new windows, I realized something... "Look Mom!!! Bamboo pole holders!!! Outside my service balcony windows!" :sport-smiley-004:

These were installed by HDB as every unit has these bamboo holders. I was totally surprised as I read many EM owners lamenting lack of such holders.

t07u.jpg

Edited by 3Dyms

I always say, pick a nice color and paint it! :D

Hi Summer,

Guess that will be last resort if I cannot do box up or build a cabinet to 'house' it. Will give it a nice coat of white paint and leave it be. Maybe... decorate it with some plastic vines. lol. Really cannot tahan all the pipes. :~

Edited by 3Dyms

Nice! I see your louvred door! :D

Despite the hiccups this past few days, a few surprises awaited me today.

1) my louvre PD bathroom doors are up! Would have preferred the real wood louvre doors, but due to budget, these aluminium ones will have to do for now. :P

69o4.jpg

2) whilst taking an exterior shot of my new windows, I realized something... "Look Mom!!! Bamboo pole holders!!! Outside my service balcony windows!" :sport-smiley-004:

These were installed by HDB as every unit has these bamboo holders. I was totally surprised as I read many EM owners lamenting lack of such holders.

t07u.jpg

Updates as at 04July 2013

I'm so happy. Lots more done today. Plumber has come by to fix up the Water Closets, water heater and pipes. Electrician also came by to complete most of the electrical works especially for the kitchen. And finally, carpentry for the 2nd level is 95% done. Still some minor "shou-kou" to make sure everything fits in nicely and the door handles. No laminates are used for these cabinets. Its all spray painted with hand painted gold trimmings. Let's see some pics of the carpentry works:

1) L-shaped wardrobe for master room and 6-door wardrobe for my 3 gals.

83x7.jpg

z313.jpg

2) Bookshelves in my gals study room

8ibn.jpg

Edited by 3Dyms

3) Bathroom vanity & mirror cabinets.

Now just waiting for my wash basin and quartz top to come in. But a slight boo-boo here. Supposed to have tulip cut-outs for the cabinet. Carpenter needs to take back the doors and cut-out my tulips. :P

P/S: Please ignore the slanted WC in the 2nd pic. The plumber left it there and not yet placed it in the correct position.

uetz.jpg

mx80.jpg

Edited by 3Dyms

Since we started reno on 11/June, we have already accomplished heaps in 3 weeks. But, still have lots more to be done. Painting, sanding & varnishing of parquet, kitchen and study cabinets, kitchen appliances, toilet accessories, lightings, curtains, etc. My contractor is aiming for end July completion. Cross fingers, pray hard no more hiccups and we can shift in by 1st week August (before Lunar 7 month).