Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MHB

The Great Migration

Today, Insani sent me an email and informed me that DHL has declared my package is lost and would compensate for the loss up to 500 euro which is the insurance coverage. Luckily, my purchase is less than 500 euro... Phew.... So, now, hopefully no more hiccup for the refund...

On a happier note, the installer for my kitchen cabinet that we bought from ikea will fix it up tomorrow. So looking forward to it. My wifey wanted a pull out drawer that allows her to keep all her kitchen barang barang.... Once the spoilt kitchen light is replaced, my reno journey will be completed.

In fact, my wifey and I had been staying over at my new place for the past 2 days... The feeling is really special as the bed is really comfy..... Haha

Will take more pics of the done up place 😃

DHL losing the parcel?? That's odd. DHL's got a pretty good reputation.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Things to be done for my flat:

Thingstobedone.jpg

Hi, can you share with me your aircon trunking layout?

I have a similar layout and the water pipe is a challenge. Thank you.

Hi I really like your newly renovated place, nice cool style, very inspiring !

May I know where to get the standing light from? Maybe can pm me the link? thanks

Thanks... I am just sharing my renovation experience 😊.

The taobao link : http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/detail.htm?id=17785399330&show_id=1&pds=fromtop%23h%23shop

Just to note, the shade that I received is slightly loose but still able to sit nicely on the stand after some minor adjustments... Overall, it is quite nicely built....

PS: I preferred the metal shade which looks like those used in shooting movie but my wifey preferred this type and I lost in the duel of scissor, paper, stone. So no choice, I bought this instead...

DHL losing the parcel?? That's odd. DHL's got a pretty good reputation.

Yes. DHL lost my parcel 😭... To make matter worse, I waited for 2 months for my items... The reason is Deutschland post had bought over DHL in Germany... So, the items are shipped by Deutschland post and not by DHL express that we normally associated DHL with. Thus, Insani can offered such attractive shipping rate as it is shipped by local post office and not really by DHL... The local post office will then shipped it out and will be delivery to your home by local post office, speed post... Therefore, if you buy from Insani, they will provide you with a tracking number that can only be used on DHL paket which is Germany Deutschland post and not DHL express. Haiz, so is really hang suay if you buy online...

Things to be done for my flat:

Thingstobedone.jpg

Hi, can you share with me your aircon trunking layout?

I have a similar layout and the water pipe is a challenge. Thank you.

My compressor was installed outside the master bedroom. The pipe to release the condensed water is situated in MBR toilet (grey pipe).

The blue lines represent the air con line and green box represent the air con position.

image-101.jpg

The air con piping is are not visible as the MBR piping is blocked by my wardrobe, only a small portion is visible in my living room but is covered by my sofa and my tv console. (A portion is sticking out from my brick wall and a portion of it is sticking out on the blue wall) as majority of it is resided in the recess area underneath my window which is covered up by plaster board. The air con lines in bedroom 2 and 3 is a horizontal line across both rooms on the top, just underneath the beam...

However, the air con installer did mention there is a problem (can't remember he exact detail) if I install air con for both rooms with this type of piping layout. I believe it is something related to water condensation... But I told him that air con will only be installed in bedroom 3 and not bedroom 2...

Hope this helps 😀

My kitchen, without all the clutters...

@makanology, my new cabinet is on the left of my fridge...

Actually, the cabinet directly on top of my sink is also from ikea... 😀 slowly transformed to an ikea kitchen...

image-98.jpg

We like ikea kitchen but we didn't dare to take the plunge then cos we were unsure of the quality. On hindsight, I kinda regretted.

Overall your kitchen looks cool and unique!

Anyways what is that your bunny is eating? It looks like a toy carrot?

We like ikea kitchen but we didn't dare to take the plunge then cos we were unsure of the quality. On hindsight, I kinda regretted.

Overall your kitchen looks cool and unique!

Anyways what is that your bunny is eating? It looks like a toy carrot?

Yup it is a toy carrot... The bunny can only eat hay and pellet now...

On the ikea cabinet front, the material is only so so since much of the cost goes to the Blum accessories. I only go for the side cabinet as my wifey wanted more storage... I won't dare to take the entire kitchen set. However, some if the storage idea can be considered such as the corner pull out drawer.

My black and white common toilet. Just love the simplicity of the sewing machine vanity...

However, my common is really very small.... So the vanity is really close to the shower area... I will partition the area using a thin shower curtain 😀

image-102.jpg

You really did it with the sewing machine legs! Wow! Wonder how your plumber reacted to your idea initially :D

He has nothing to say other than a sigh of relief as I had been delaying the installation due to the taps.. Haha..... Actually my ID told me that all the uncles are quite skeptical about the house design😀... Why use concrete as the base for the sink, why cement screed the kitchen, why this, why that haha...

My black and white common toilet. Just love the simplicity of the sewing machine vanity...

However, my common is really very small.... So the vanity is really close to the shower area... I will partition the area using a thin shower curtain 😀

image-102.jpg

Wow this is really unique! I don't think anyone will come out with this idea for their bathroom. Hats off to u! :good: