Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MHB

The Great Migration

The lights from taobao look good. I also bought the industrial pendant for dining area. What material is it made of? Hope it feels sturdy!

Hi greglhc,

Should be metal, maybe aluminium... Mine still quite solid but need at least 1 rod to hold the head and the base together. Otherwise, the light will be flimsy.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Camping here to see the "sewing machine" vanity. :)

Hi sappyd,

Yeah... The sewing machine leg is ready, waiting for the solid top and the sink to be installed...

My friend even asked me, why don't you join the pedal with the water hose. So water will come out when the pedal is stepped on like how people get water in the ancient day...

Hi sappyd,

Yeah... The sewing machine leg is ready, waiting for the solid top and the sink to be installed...

My friend even asked me, why don't you join the pedal with the water hose. So water will come out when the pedal is stepped on like how people get water in the ancient day...

Wow! Ur fren is indeed very creative. Haha. Actually i saw this "sewing machine" thing in a magazine somewhere. Cant remember which one. Hope u can take a pic once urs is done up. Btw.. I like the blue at ur living room. Very adventurous and unique.

Yeah... The idea is actually comes from the H&D magazine... Haha. good source to get inspiration... I wanted to save some money on the vanity and it happened that my MIL has a sewing machine to spare...I still have a "spider leg" sewing machine leg that will be used for my dining table... Still saving up for the top... Haha...

Thanks for liking the blue wall.. It really soothing to look at...

Yeah... Finally finished the wedding photoshoot

Took a random pic at the place

image-61.jpg

This picture reminds me of the very old 周星弛 movie, 国产007... where there is a painting which looks similar to the photo... Haha

Anyway, back to Reno, the house is wash for the first time and now look clean for the first time haha...

Went to PD door to get the half louvre door for my common toilet ( the upper half will be the louvre and lower part is a black acrylic piece) With the rim to be grey color. Got the grey door to match with my cement screed kitchen...

My main door is getting from bad to worse... Sometime can't even open while other time, the door opened by its own (suspected the latch is not working fine)...

It is really lightning fast, 3 out of my 4 days break has ended!!! Argh... How I wish the clock will stop and Monday will never come... Hehe... Anyway, with such a long holiday, it means more shopping and the hole getting bigger...

Still lacking a bed frame even though I got my mattress in march... My wifey has been eyeing on the picket and rail Chicago bed frame since day 1 after we got our mattress but the price really put us off... Imagine we had been to all the different shops to look at the bed frame again and again but didn't make the move as the price is really high. In the end, we even think of buying the scanteak bed frame because of the price.. Then to our surprise, we saw a good price on the web and thus, we quickly go down to the place and get the frame, together with the side table and a chest... Hehe

Bed frame

image-66.jpg

Side table

image-65.jpg

Chest

image-63.jpg

Then we fast hand fast leg and travel to get a pouf and sofa cushion from make room. I think their knitted stuff are selling like hot cake... Wanted to get a blue pouf but was sold out...

So got a turquoise one instead, my wifey has been bugging me to buy one and she fell in love with the color instantly

image-64.jpg

Then, we look at the catalogue and pre-order a mirror too...

495f84d2-bb5e-47fc-8347-a9827e93b1af.jpg

Haha... Hole super big now...

It is really lightning fast, 3 out of my 4 days break has ended!!! Argh... How I wish the clock will stop and Monday will never come... Hehe... Anyway, with such a long holiday, it means more shopping and the hole getting bigger...

Still lacking a bed frame even though I got my mattress in march... My wifey has been eyeing on the picket and rail Chicago bed frame since day 1 after we got our mattress but the price really put us off... Imagine we had been to all the different shops to look at the bed frame again and again but didn't make the move as the price is really high. In the end, we even think of buying the scanteak bed frame because of the price.. Then to our surprise, we saw a good price on the web and thus, we quickly go down to the place and get the frame, together with the side table and a chest... Hehe

Bed frame

image-66.jpg

Side table

image-65.jpg

Chest

image-63.jpg

Finally, the chipped main door and the 3 ugly grey bedroom doors are replaced... The white doors really match my blue wall... :)

image-67.jpg

and my common toilet door is up too. The unevenness is really obvious once the frame is up... This is due to some thickness differences at the toilet entrance... I was not around when the installer was taking measurement and also on the installation day.. Hopefully, the white area can be patched

image-68.jpg

Also, my wifey is determined to get the Yale digital lock as she was impressed by Xiaxue's blog... Haiz, no choice so spent more lor... So far so good though, the fingerprint recognition is really convenient... Say bye bye to keys...

This week carpentry will be up, my Reno is really slow and steady... Haha... Anyway, not in a rush too...

Not really... But we didn't ask much because we buy quite a limited number of stuff from them haha... Maybe, you can try and let me know??? Wanted to get he carpet and the coffee table with industrial looking wheel... Maybe can fight for some discount i have decided to go for it...

Most of the carpentry is up.... Only left the MBR wardrobe and dresser table and the toilet top to be done...

Kitchen cabinet doors

Love the old wood look, really bring some dark element to my whitish tiles...

image-69.jpg

image-70.jpg

The doors for the store room. I really like the x pattern on these doors, haha... Should have choose the same type of design for my MBR wardrobe

image-72.jpg

The shoe cabinet, the gap on the right will be tile with the red craft bricks... Like the color of the laminate...

image-71.jpg

Hi hi,

I'm interested to contact your ID Jiawei to renovate my new house. Could you PM me his contact details? Thanks a lot. :)

BTW, thanks for sharing your renovation journey here :)

Hi hi,

I'm interested to contact your ID Jiawei to renovate my new house. Could you PM me his contact details? Thanks a lot. :)

BTW, thanks for sharing your renovation journey here :)

PM ed...