Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MHB

The Great Migration

Also, the grohe products are coming to town after almost a month... This is a surprise to me as the customer service officer that I have been liaising with told me that the parts will only be shipped on 17/7... Now, the parcel should be flying to Singapore according to the tracking status and should arrive next week... Keeping my fingers crossed...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wow.. interesting floor tiles... can't wait to see your completion.

Hi Cloud00007,

Me too!!!! Hopefully everything will be completed soon... I like your house too !!! Hehe

Yay... Gotten the last set of lights for my house

This will be installed in the living room... It is lacquered iron, similar finished to the enamelware... Gotten the green colored one... Hopefully it is the same color as what I have been imagining..

image-37.jpg

Initially wanted to get this, the price is really steep and my wifey don't approve although I issued a quotation to her...

image-38.jpg

All the photos taken by jiawei: no time to go down and take a look at the house...

The blue wall is up (sea of blue)

image-44.jpg

Jiawei says there is a big contrast to the brick wall as expected, the blue is of lighter shade than the blue in the picture

Normal creamy white wall for my mum and study room

image-49.jpg

image-48.jpg

Then, we went to get a frame for the life of pi drawing that my wifey bought a few months ago...

Surprisingly, the size of the drawing is almost half of my height!!!!! I and my wifey have decided to put it on the brick wall!!!!!

image-51.jpg

Hello!
Could you share how much your bedroom door cost? I went down to Yontat today and they recommended veneer doors for our bedrooms.. Thing is, there aren't much colours to choose from for veneer.. Wondering if there is any difference with veneer and classic doors.. Are your doors solid or hollow?

Thanks!! :)

Yeah... The lightings and fans are up today

Entrance - 2 small cage lights to welcome me home, I will place a dining table underneath

image-54.jpg

Living room - Rusken Pendant - small but did complement my blue wall

image-56.jpg

Hopefully, the L-box and cove light will do the job...

Kitchen - love the industrial look alike pendant, the only worry is it seem to be a bit too low due to my house low ceiling... Wanted to remove the support rod in the middle but it become flimsy without it. Luckily, it is not as low as what we had imagined. :)

image-53.jpg

Toilet light - took a gamble but luckily it does match... Phew

MBR

image-57.jpg

Common -

image-55.jpg

For the fans:

Living - does it match the color scheme?

image-58.jpg

My mum's bedroom, chosen a really small fan with lights attached... Not sure is the fan strong enough... We did test it at the shop and the wind strength is okay...

image-59.jpg

My house is really in a mess... Things lying all over and the floors are really dusty and dirty... Argh... Hopefully, the rubbish can be cleared soon..

A picture taken from my corridor window-

image-52.jpg

The clash between my red brick wall (fire) and the blue wall (water) and the innocent white wall in between... Haha... It reminds me of one piece, the battle between akainu and Aoliji in one piece...

I know it really boils down to personal taste but I do somewhat feel that the effect of the striking blue wall takes away a fair bit from the overall theme.

Perhaps a grey instead? Nonetheless, love the fittings you have and looking forward to seeing your home progress along!

Hi tessina,

Yup. I agree with you on the blue wall. In fact, all my friends say the same thing regarding the color contrast... I know the best color to complement the red brick should be beige, white, warm colors... However, I just like to have a blue wall in my living room and the wall stretches the entire living room... In fact, my wifey says she has a big heart to accept my color scheme... :)

The lights from taobao look good. I also bought the industrial pendant for dining area. What material is it made of? Hope it feels sturdy!