Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MHB

The Great Migration

Finally, my lights are up.... And I really love the warmth of the yellow light... But wifey prefers white cool light as she wants the room to be super bright....

So no choice, the living room and kitchen are all in warm light while all the rooms and toilets in white light... 50-50.... 感情不散。

I am surprised that the cove light is bright enough 😮.... Initially, we are afraid that the cove light and the 6 LED downlighting might be insufficient to light up the living room as everything is cluster to one side of the living room, that's why I purchase another 2 ceiling lights. But it seems that the lights are bright enough...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The living room lights, taken in a rush as I need to go IKEA to change some fittings.

image-75.jpg

My diamond finally get its energy... It braves through the time, my renovation and all the shifting here and there...

image-76.jpg

Love the effect created by this kitchen downlight... Not as dim as I have fear bit the bulb really CMI, blown after we switch on and off for several times...

image-73.jpg

love the kitchen tiles!!!:good:

Hi mrswk,

Thank you... :) we like the tiles too but maintenance might be a chore... Haha... Have to bear with it since I and my wifey have make that choice...

I shall start my renovation journey from here.

This is the floor plan for my 4 rm flat in Tampines. People who will be staying in this flat: me, my wifey and my mum.....

FloorPlan.jpg

As you can see from the picture (Hope the picture can be uploaded correctly). The kitchen is rather small, good for a couple who don't really cook very often and this is compensated by a big living room (a big headache as the living room is very long). My wifey would like to have a Scandinavian type of decoration (Inspired by the pictures from Lunareverie's Strictly Scandinavian) and for me, anything also can..... :D

So we started our long ID 红星大奖, quite daunting as I received phone calls after phone calls for almost 1 week after i submitted my renovation request through one of the website:

入名的有:

1. J**** (S** Cr******) - This is the first ID that we met, a soft spoken lady who showed us many different type of materials, including kitchen cabinets (All with blum hinges i supposed) and sanitary items like WC and etc.... However, she seems to listen to our ideas only more than contributing some creative ideas on her part. Therefore, not shortlisted. In fact, she promised to bring us to the company 20000sqft showroom after Chinese New Year (Met her 2 weeks before CNY), as it was closed during that period of time, contacted me once after that and then no news from her ever after... :blink:

2. V****** (Ar*****e) - Met him on the eve of CNY. Quite knowledgeable and provided us with some insight that we never think can be possible. For example, to shift the position of the Basin to create more space..... Told us the quotation will be ready in 3 days time (Huh? Not celebrating CNY?), so we asked him to take his time and he really take his time, no news from him until now :P

3. Th**** (F*** C******) - A very creative ID, proposed a lot of ideas based on my wifey's requirement. Very honest and knowledgeable guy who shared with us the pros and cons of some of the materials that we have chosen. He also proposed to knocked down all the walls and create new partition to create more space (A total overhaul). Shortlisted. However, price is very high, exceed our budget by more than 20K :jawdrop: and no choice, we have to drop him. He did mention he can bring down the cost but after some hinting, i don"t think he can bring the cost down to my budget

4. S**** (3* *********) - A very practical guy, who gives us the impression of a contractor. However, he do propose some ideas that are very practical in our daily life. His quotes is the most comprehensive, with all the items break down accordingly and the lowest quote we have received.

5. Ji**** (T***) - Inspired by one of the fellow forummer's house and my wifey would like to meet him. The first meeting is really a solid 2plus hours. A very patient and sincere guy who would show us the different designs he had done for his client previously. We feel comfortable with him (sounds wrong) and i believe we do have the chemistry to work together as he can understand all our needs. He showed us some sketches, 3D drawings and bought us to his client house to view the workmanship even before we signed with him. Shortlisted....

6. V****** (S***** D*****) - Chop Chop meet up and so, I am :( ....

7. A*** - A highly recommended ID in this forum and was inspired by the pictures of his works. However, i think he is very very very busy and i don't have the time to monitor the progress myself. Therefore, i have to give him up even though his quote is really attractive.

And many others (Don't want to be too long winded)......

Anyway, we have confirmed our ID yesterday, JIawei from TWCS (on my ROM day and is my birthday....) :good:. Finally, after 4 meetups around Singapore, west lah (where his office is), east lah (For site-seeing).

I shall start my renovation journey from here.

This is the floor plan for my 4 rm flat in Tampines. People who will be staying in this flat: me, my wifey and my mum.....

FloorPlan.jpg

As you can see from the picture (Hope the picture can be uploaded correctly). The kitchen is rather small, good for a couple who don't really cook very often and this is compensated by a big living room (a big headache as the living room is very long). My wifey would like to have a Scandinavian type of decoration (Inspired by the pictures from Lunareverie's Strictly Scandinavian) and for me, anything also can..... :D

So we started our long ID 红星大奖, quite daunting as I received phone calls after phone calls for almost 1 week after i submitted my renovation request through one of the website:

入名的有:

1. J**** (S** Cr******) - This is the first ID that we met, a soft spoken lady who showed us many different type of materials, including kitchen cabinets (All with blum hinges i supposed) and sanitary items like WC and etc.... However, she seems to listen to our ideas only more than contributing some creative ideas on her part. Therefore, not shortlisted. In fact, she promised to bring us to the company 20000sqft showroom after Chinese New Year (Met her 2 weeks before CNY), as it was closed during that period of time, contacted me once after that and then no news from her ever after... :blink:

2. V****** (Ar*****e) - Met him on the eve of CNY. Quite knowledgeable and provided us with some insight that we never think can be possible. For example, to shift the position of the Basin to create more space..... Told us the quotation will be ready in 3 days time (Huh? Not celebrating CNY?), so we asked him to take his time and he really take his time, no news from him until now :P

3. Th**** (F*** C******) - A very creative ID, proposed a lot of ideas based on my wifey's requirement. Very honest and knowledgeable guy who shared with us the pros and cons of some of the materials that we have chosen. He also proposed to knocked down all the walls and create new partition to create more space (A total overhaul). Shortlisted. However, price is very high, exceed our budget by more than 20K :jawdrop: and no choice, we have to drop him. He did mention he can bring down the cost but after some hinting, i don"t think he can bring the cost down to my budget

4. S**** (3* *********) - A very practical guy, who gives us the impression of a contractor. However, he do propose some ideas that are very practical in our daily life. His quotes is the most comprehensive, with all the items break down accordingly and the lowest quote we have received.

5. Ji**** (T***) - Inspired by one of the fellow forummer's house and my wifey would like to meet him. The first meeting is really a solid 2plus hours. A very patient and sincere guy who would show us the different designs he had done for his client previously. We feel comfortable with him (sounds wrong) and i believe we do have the chemistry to work together as he can understand all our needs. He showed us some sketches, 3D drawings and bought us to his client house to view the workmanship even before we signed with him. Shortlisted....

6. V****** (S***** D*****) - Chop Chop meet up and so, I am :( ....

7. A*** - A highly recommended ID in this forum and was inspired by the pictures of his works. However, i think he is very very very busy and i don't have the time to monitor the progress myself. Therefore, i have to give him up even though his quote is really attractive.

And many others (Don't want to be too long winded)......

Anyway, we have confirmed our ID yesterday, JIawei from TWCS (on my ROM day and is my birthday....) :good:. Finally, after 4 meetups around Singapore, west lah (where his office is), east lah (For site-seeing).

Hi, can you share your contact for #3, #5 and the one you are working with now? Sorry. I tried to decipher your asterisks but wasnt very successful. Thanks!

Hi, can you share your contact for #3, #5 and the one you are working with now? Sorry. I tried to decipher your asterisks but wasnt very successful. Thanks!

Pmed... No need to decipher, ask and you will receive

lurvvvvvvvvvvve the kitchen...~! :wub:

I love x 10 to the power of 1 billion your kitchen as well... Really receive a lot of inspiration from your tblog too...

I am really excited as I finally found the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle for my lightings.... My study table light...

After sourcing for quite some time, initially, I have narrowed down to the table light from make room. Then last month, my friend told me that Artimede was having a moving out clearance sale at Purvis street. So I went with him and have a look at the lighting, then I was attracted to the snake light ( my own naming version) and it cost almost a thousands after discount... 😱

So, I look around and found this wall mounted light, 2 pieces of metal bars which are hold by 2 pieces of metal wire and the feel of the metal bars are really solid... So, we start to haggle for better price but discount is only applicable to display set and it is silver in color but I am interested to the black color one more, which is apparently out of stock...

Just as my hope of finding a nice study table light is diminishing, the sales personnel emerged from the store room with a black color lamp, brand new and best still, the sales personnel is charging me the price of a display set!

It looks something like this: mine is without base and black in color

image-86.jpg

image-76.jpg

awesome diamond clock!

we have one that we cant wait to put up in the house too.

do check the accuracy from time to time every couple of weeks as with these old but awesome clocks, they might go faster or slower over time :)

your kitchen's looking great fantastic choice with the tiles :)

awesome diamond clock!

we have one that we cant wait to put up in the house too.

do check the accuracy from time to time every couple of weeks as with these old but awesome clocks, they might go faster or slower over time :)

your kitchen's looking great fantastic choice with the tiles :)

Thanks!!! The clock so far so good!!! Haha in fact, we did test it from time to time too 😝... Paranoid

All carpentry are fully up... Great!!!

The left side view of the wardrobe in the MBR, the laminate that we use is the commonly used greenish blue laminate

image-80.jpg

The right side view of the wardrobe MBR

image-79.jpg

Since our house is small and we can't afford a WIW, walk in wardrobe, we gotten ourselves a WIT instead, walk in toilet 😨....

image-82.jpg

image-83.jpg

And worst still, the cabinet door cannot be locked hehe... So if I am taking a dump and my wifey open the door, she has to wait for the doors to close slowly as the hinges come with soft closing mechanism....

The shoe cabinet is up too, with the bricks in between the gap to complete the feel.

image-77.jpg

Then while waiting for furniture on sat, I browser the internet and this set of coasters... Really nice!!! Now I have HOPE!!! 😬

image-87.jpg