Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MHB

The Great Migration

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Looks like gd progress, despite the concern over the cement screed wall.. :yamseng:

Looks like gd progress, despite the concern over the cement screed wall.. :yamseng:

Hi jus4fun, not much concern on the cement screed wall but more on the tiles instead... Yup... Still quite smooth up till now except some issue with the common toilet tiles...

just to pen my thoughts here.

Yesterday was really impressed by the jiawei's tiler team. Last Tuesday, my wifey realised that the one of the toilet tiles has popped up and three is a slight jagged up to the adjacent tiles. Feedback the finding on Wednesday and the tiler uncle mention that it is due to uneven floor and our staggered formation of the 30 x 60 homogeneous tiles. We also feel some of the tiles seems to be popped as they is a hump when we walk in the toilet. The only way to resolve this is to lay the tiles in a side by side formation but it only look nice on a 60x60 homogenous tiles like our MBR toilet.

So I told jiawei and the tiler uncle that I would like to relay the common toilet tiles with the bigger slab, the uncle say okay without much argument. Then jiawei told me he already ordered the tiles and I realised that the toilet tiles are removed and flattened the surface , waiting for the tiles to arrive. This is really impressive as I saw the tiles yesterday afternoon and by night, all the tiles are gone.

I must applaud the professional of the toilet uncle and jiawei for their willingness to take up the responsibility. Sometime, this type of service really gives you the confidence to trust them in the work, especially I am so busy with work that I don't have much time to supervise every thing. At least they didn't say " it is like that one" or try to give excuses to make you accept the results and really put customer satisfaction first even though there is a tight schedule to follow....

Thank you for your time to read this post

KEEP CALM AND RENO ON........

Happy like dinosaur!!!!

Finally, the air con and red brick wall is up last week!!!

Red brick wall - still in progress, need to wash it to make it look "dirty"

image-9.jpg

Air Con: Panasonic Eco - Navi

Study room

image-6.jpg

Living Room

image-4.jpg

Happy like dinosaur!!!!

Finally, the air con and red brick wall is up last week!!!

Red brick wall - still in progress, need to wash it to make it look "dirty"

image-9.jpg

Air Con: Panasonic Eco - Navi

Study room

image-6.jpg

Living Room

image-4.jpg

Hi

Is ur aircon system 3 or 4 inverter? Mind sharing how much is it?

THanks

Mine is a system 3 from gain city... 1 12k BTU for the living room... Total about 3.2k I guess.... With 150 dollars voucher because of roadshow...

Have bought more things during the week:

TV console:

Wanted to buy the Pinot series from journey east but the price is too steep, even after the 20% discount... So look around the shop and finally settled for this instead

image-17.jpg

After discount is less than 1.2k for a 2m console... The bottom part is extendable, so can go up to 2.3m I guess, depend on the design we want... The lady even recommend to buy the standing shelf that can blend with this console but too bad, my pocket is empty although my heart is full... Also, don't want my brick wall to be covered... Hehe

Also, my friend brought me to light craft and I bought these lights for my toilet and service yard

image-12.jpg

image-13.jpg

Also, the cage light from taobao has arrived

image-19.jpg

Happy like dinosaur!!!

At the same time, need to start some projects, has been delaying this project for a long time, thinking there is always a tomorrow....

So I shall start small and least keep the momentum going

A jigsaw puzzle collage, consist of several (9 in total) mini puzzles (about 200 pieces each) and a big puzzle (1000 pieces) that will be hang on the brick wall and one of the living room wall respectively. Will update photos once these are completed... Half way through now!!!!

image-18.jpg

The other projects will be updated accordingly... Many more to come...

Woah!!! Time flies and it is more than 1 month into my Reno... All the floor tiles are done. Now need to wait for the electrical and plumbing works to start...

The problematic cement floor tiles in the kitchen are up and nightmare has just begun. The tiler uncle asked us: " why use this type of peranankan tiles? Use it as wall tiles are good but for floor tiles... Hmmmm... Hard to maintain... Furthermore, you choose white color base type.. The effect is nice"

image-22.jpg

The concrete base is up too!!! With my blanco sink sitting proudly in it... The tiler uncle: " why do you choose to do a concrete top? I have not been doing this for the last 20+ years..." Hehe... Luckily, the color of the tiles we chose for the concrete top march with the cement screed wall...

image-25.jpg

The other side with the hole cut for my keyhole hob

image-24.jpg

The toilet seatee that my wife wanted

image-23.jpg

Now waiting for electrical work and plumbing work...

Some update to my project

The mini puzzle project: to be hung on the red brick wall (poor picture quality hehe)

image-20.jpg

Was really inspired by one of the house design in home decor, using sewing leg for the vanity, so I sprayed paint the sewing leg black and will mount a solid surface and the basin on top... This will be in the common bathroom...

image-21.jpg

Woah!!! Time flies and it is more than 1 month into my Reno... All the floor tiles are done. Now need to wait for the electrical and plumbing works to start...

The problematic cement floor tiles in the kitchen are up and nightmare has just begun. The tiler uncle asked us: " why use this type of peranankan tiles? Use it as wall tiles are good but for floor tiles... Hmmmm... Hard to maintain... Furthermore, you choose white color base type.. The effect is nice"

image-22.jpg

The concrete base is up too!!! With my blanco sink sitting proudly in it... The tiler uncle: " why do you choose to do a concrete top? I have not been doing this for the last 20+ years..." Hehe... Luckily, the color of the tiles we chose for the concrete top march with the cement screed wall...

image-25.jpg

The other side with the hole cut for my keyhole hob

image-24.jpg

The toilet seatee that my wife wanted

image-23.jpg

Now waiting for electrical work and plumbing work...

heh very sound reasoning for concrete top. wanted to do tt too! kudos for going ahead with what u want!

BTW toilet benches rock u will love it!!!!

Hi mrmerry,

Yeah, my wifey really like the seatee a lot... So next time bathing time will be >1 hr...

Go out and fly kite still got time... Hehe

Finally, the city ga heater is up. Initially, I am really pissed off by the city gas. Scheduled the installation to be 3pm and Jiawei waited until almost 5pm. Tried to called city gas but the line forever engaged... Didn't expect so many people calling city gas!!!! However the team is really experienced, we started work at 6pm and everything is done by 730pm... Phew...

Also, a funny thing happened. The key to my lock is not working.... So all of us have to squeeze through the gap to enter the house... Luckily, everyone of us, including the gas heater can squeeze through... Still slim hehe... Then the city has installer started their work and he called for help in the surrounding area... In the end, a battalion of city gas installers come into my house to get all the pipes done up... Although it is already late, they still show professionalism... Everything must be swee swee, except the piping connecting to my stove which is slightly slanted ( can't be seen from outside tho)

The gas heater ( can only install one pipe on the left as we need to install the city gas dryer too)

image-27.jpg

The copper wire are quite well laid...

image-28.jpg

Sorry for the bad images, taken at night hee