Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MHB

The Great Migration

Oh.. Initially I ask my MIL whether she would like to tear down the rack in my store room so that she can sell the metal (by the way, my MIL takes up garang guni as a hobby)... So she say okay and she went ahead the next day when both my wifey and I were at work...

My wifey messaged me in the evening that her mum had removed all the grills by herself on that day... I was like shocked because the grills were not just removed from the track but also from the house... A total of 10 panels at least... Really 巾帼不让须眉... Even Jiawei was taken by surprise when we told him that our MIL removed the grills by herself as he knows it is not a easy job...

Haha!! Kiang!! :sport-smiley-003:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

OMG! You mean your MIL ownself pulled the grills off the windows herself without any help? She must be really strong siah. :o

As for Pang Giap, pls do a search. Cos I remember reading quite a few negative reviews on their workmanship. Then when things go wrong, they refused to rectify. Maybe can try getting quotes from other window grill company too. *good luck*

I think she is really strong because she is not very big size, about 1.6m tall bah and the grills definitely quite heavy as I had tried to take it down myself previously....

Thank you for the advice, I will definitely need more quote and research before making my choice...

I think she is really strong because she is not very big size, about 1.6m tall bah and the grills definitely quite heavy as I had tried to take it down myself previously....

Thank you for the advice, I will definitely need more quote and research before making my choice...

Wow, with such a 大力士 mil, u better not be naughty... otherwise it's not hard to imagine ur 下场.. Take care bro! kekeke! :P

Hi Beng,

Can PM me his contact... I want to have alternative quote before making my decision...

Thank you

Hey!

Sorry about the late reply.

I've just pm you. :notti:

After 2 weeks of renovation, the whole process is still pretty smooth sailing up till now... The only problem I faced is the presence of a stupid stiffener in between the kitchen and the service yard... As a result, need to modify the design a little bit :bangwall: ...

image.jpg

Sad thing aside, tiling has begun for the past 2 weeks and thanks to Jiawei, who really inspect and give us updates on the progress as me and my wifey, like most people in this forum, tied up at work.... Can't take leave as need to save up for year end honey moon :D

Room tiles will be the same for all... MIL asked us "这块砖看起来脏脏,红红的?" Looks 肮脏= clean lesser :D

IMG_1577.jpg

Living Hall - Kitchen will be cement tiles all the way

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

The wall where the brick wall will be up and opposite of the brick wall will be the bookshelve.... :dribble:

IMG_1531.jpg

Hopefully, everything will turn out fine... Next week will be the installation of the air con and city gas :yeah: ....

By the way, all these photos are taken by Jiawei, my photos are night shots using my phone and not that nice, don't dare to post them....

Just to check, may i know what to lookout for when checking the tiles????? TIA....

Some more photos (Inspiration from other forummers, Big thank you :thumbs up: :

Common Toilet:

IMG_1525.jpg

MBR toilet:

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

Is this kerb alright? Jiawei showed us the photo but i don't know what to expect :huh:

IMG_1526.jpg

In the meantime, buy some stuff for the house

Bathroom Tap: Rubberized bronze from Kraus and Grohe

IMG_1543.png

IMG_1558.png

Shower and mixer

IMG_1538.png

My wifey wanted this standing lamp in the bedroom:

IMG_1613-1.png

Money Money Money.... :dancingqueen: Where's my money???

i'm planning to buy rainshower system + other stuff from insani24 when my flat is here.

Please keep us updated if u hit any snags ordering from them!

your items are in ready stock or not immediate availability?

Hi, for checking of tiles, I looked out for these things:

- whether there are hollow tiles ( even for newly laid tiles, there can be one or more tiles that are hollow. you have to go round knocking the tiles to see if there is a hollow sound. Get your tiler to relay the hollow tiles, if any)

- whether there is discolouration on the tiles. For plain colored tiles, this will be more easily seen. Mine are wood tiles with grains and it was difficult for tilers to check for discoloration when they were laying the tiles. One day when i was sitting on the floor and looking at my tiles at close range, i noticed there were two tiles with discolouration. though it's not a big problem, I still requested for tiler to change the tile or else I will always know there is imperfection at that particular spot.

hope this is useful! :)

IMG_1577.jpg

wow, these tiles look very nice, wat kinda tiles are they?

i'm planning to buy rainshower system + other stuff from insani24 when my flat is here.

Please keep us updated if u hit any snags ordering from them!

your items are in ready stock or not immediate availability?

Hi Lala,

This is not my first time buying from insani... The previous experience is good. The product reached my place within 2 weeks... However, this time round seem to be slightly longer though... Maybe I bought more items this time round??? Will keep you updated... Btw, I only buy items that are in stock / immediately available...

I like your common toilet tiles! The contrast of the subway tiles with the black honeycomb is gorgeous!

Hi macuser77,

Thanks!!! I like the common bedroom toilet arrangement too... Will be a black and white theme... Haha