Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MHB

The Great Migration

Wow! Ur house design is lovely! Love the bold colour and choice of lightnings n fittings!

Hi ProjectH,

Thank you. Looking forward to see your house too..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Love the old wood cabinet. Is it solid or veneer? Is the store door from yontat? Looks like sliding barn door. Can share with me the quote? Thanks!

Most of the carpentry is up.... Only left the MBR wardrobe and dresser table and the toilet top to be done...

Kitchen cabinet doors

Love the old wood look, really bring some dark element to my whitish tiles...image-69.jpgimage-70.jpg

The doors for the store room. I really like the x pattern on these doors, haha... Should have choose the same type of design for my MBR wardrobeimage-72.jpg

The shoe cabinet, the gap on the right will be tile with the red craft bricks... Like the color of the laminate...image-71.jpg

I have been very lazy to update my blog. The house is 95% done. The taps from Insani is still on the way, making me insane 😡.... I will wait until next week before buying the taps locally... It really depends on Heng suay as my first purchase with them arrive in 2 weeks but this purchase took me 3 months and the parts are not here yet. Luckily, I am not in a rush to move in.

My wifey and I have started to shift in some of the items and to hang the stuff we bought earlier

My childhood memory:

image-94.jpg

Then, my wifey dragged me to BHG to shop for some bedroom accessories. She always wanted to remove the plastic cover from the mattress as it feels dirty. So, here we are at Akemi to buy the bed sheet set. She was sold immediately after touching the sample and had been silently "psycho" me to buy this set... It is really smooth and cool when we touched the sample.

After buying the bed sheet set from Akemi, my wifey quickly remove the plastic cover for the mattress officially opening ceremony. This is the picture taken after her hard work.

image-89.jpg

Luckily it matches the room color 😅...

Another view from the door:

image-93.jpg

Just feel like jumping onto the bed and roll around... Haha... Need to control, control.....😫

PS: Tips: to insert the quilt into the quilt cover, turn the quilt cover inside out, tie all the necessary knots and turn the cover in. This helps to save a lot of effort and time as compared to slowly insert the quilt into the cover. Taught by the sales auntie... We did it in 5 mins 😀

Love the old wood cabinet. Is it solid or veneer? Is the store door from yontat? Looks like sliding barn door. Can share with me the quote? Thanks!

The kitchen cabinet door is a laminate from lamitek... As for the store room door, it is custom made by my ID, quoted together with the plaster board, so not sure of the price. I believe it is just a piece of wood with some design craved and pasted a laminate over. 😀

Like your bedroom! Overall unique, calm yet still cosy! Actually your bedroom size is quite big!

Thanks! Turn out the green still matches the laminate of the cabinet 😅... Initially, I feel the color scheme is quite weird when the carpentry is not up. As for the room size, I think because I never put a lot of things, that's why it looks bigger. When we start to move in and with all the things lying around, it will not look so big 😊.

Hi MHB,

You bought taps from insani? Is the shipping fee reasonable? And are the taps useable in Singapore? I heard the European taps require a special adaptor which isn't widely available here.

Hi,

Can I have Jia Wei's contact and if possible the quotation too?

I intend to do concrete top with homogeneous tiles for the kitchen cabinet :)

Thanks

Hi MHB,

You bought taps from insani? Is the shipping fee reasonable? And are the taps useable in Singapore? I heard the European taps require a special adaptor which isn't widely available here.

Haiz... I am still waiting for DHL to ship the taps to me... The shipping is okay. It cost about 95 euro for 5 kg .... As for the size, I think is compatible as I have compared the pdf file to local shop that sells these taps and show the same dimension... I think problematic one is US taps... But be warn tho, buying from Insani is really depend on Heng Suay.... I bought twice and the first reach in 2 weeks but this current one takes ages to arrive.

Hi,

Can I have Jia Wei's contact and if possible the quotation too?

I intend to do concrete top with homogeneous tiles for the kitchen cabinet :)

Thanks

Good taste haha... Mine is also concrete top with homogenous tiles.

Haiz... I am still waiting for DHL to ship the taps to me... The shipping is okay. It cost about 95 euro for 5 kg .... As for the size, I think is compatible as I have compared the pdf file to local shop that sells these taps and show the same dimension... I think problematic one is US taps... But be warn tho, buying from Insani is really depend on Heng Suay.... I bought twice and the first reach in 2 weeks but this current one takes ages to arrive.

Thanks for the tip. Have you tried ice price?

Thanks for the tip. Have you tried ice price?

The shipping rate for ice price is super scary... 199 euros for 15kg of stuff... Unless, you really buy lots of stuff from them. Otherwise, the saving is not substantial... Although I've price seems to have better review tho

Really angry to the max. Feel like flying over to Germany and knocked down Insani office... What a joke... Until today, I still don't have any information from them...

I have given up waiting since I am expecting a new addition to our family next week... Now, I need to expedite my renovation and can't wait anymore.

So I head down to buy a set of hansgrohe focus E2 shower set, with the tap and mixer in a bundle and a brushed nickel look alike bidel spray... All these cost me an additional 470 dollars 😡... Haiz, hopefully everything can be completed by next week....

Really angry to the max. Feel like flying over to Germany and knocked down Insani office... What a joke... Until today, I still don't have any information from them...

I have given up waiting since I am expecting a new addition to our family next week... Now, I need to expedite my renovation and can't wait anymore.

So I head down to buy a set of hansgrohe focus E2 shower set, with the tap and mixer in a bundle and a brushed nickel look alike bidel spray... All these cost me an additional 470 dollars ... Haiz, hopefully everything can be completed by next week....

yeah think it's bit heng suay to use either iceprice or insani. Was your item in ready stock?

I bought like 1.5k stuff in one shipment. no issues leh.

So I head down to buy a set of hansgrohe focus E2 shower set, with the tap and mixer in a bundle and a brushed nickel look alike bidel spray... All these cost me an additional 470 dollars ... Haiz, hopefully everything can be completed by next week....

Hope they will refund you?