Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bengologist

Let's Go Punggol!

Wow so happening here yesterday!! Was busy so no participate..

@ Beng beng> Rainbow-color blinds... u soooooooo cute!! is this for real? anyway, dare not go for it cos rainbow flag = er... u know? :unsure: Plus 大叔 really cant take such bold colors! :no::bleah:

Steady progress u hv there, especially for the blinds.. very efficiently & nicely done! Sorry to hear abt the missing item. Lucky ur ID is taking on the responsibility (not after u gave him a piece of ur mind though.. well done bro! :lol:) Thinking back, i nvr took stock of my purchases. Due to my prolonged reno, things had been delivered & moved abt to make way for the reno. Lucky no item lost. (But most of my purchases were made in the presence of my ID at his recommended shops, so i left all the delivery coordinations & return (for any satisfactory item) to him & he was made to hold full responsibility for it from the start!! Dun wanna think if he had taken me for a ride for it though.. :dunno: ) So wat u hv shared is really useful lesson learned for many! :thumbs up:

@ Niko> Thx for sharing ur pics (not difficult right? gd efforts! :thumbs up: ) Gd progress, n wat cheery choice of colors u hv there! Not too over-whelming but enof to inject cheerful spots ard the hse! Well done sis! Sure will visit if u open hse when it's done! Can c tt u very 好客! Haha! :) (By the way, saw the interior of ur wardrobe oso laminated. Is this the default by ur ID/contractor - bcos usually only white lining - or did u request for it at a cost?)

Wah! You bought items from recommended shops by your ID ya? Did he claim any commission from the shop? I don't dare to buy stuff from shops recommended by ID or follow ID go to shops because I have heard lots and lots of stories on Renotalk and the shop owners themselves claiming that ID do get a cut of the commission if they bring their clients over. The shop owner will tend to mark up the prices much higher than the usual price so that the extra goes to the ID/Contractor. :unsure:

On the other hand, it's also a huge problem without the presence of ID. I have purchased all the kitchenwares, lightings, toilet accessories etc on my own and it's only during installation that they realised that some of the items I have purchased are defects, faulty, incompatible, wrong etc, hence I have to spend a few evening rushing to different shops to make exchange. :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wah! You bought items from recommended shops by your ID ya? Did he claim any commission from the shop? I don't dare to buy stuff from shops recommended by ID or follow ID go to shops because I have heard lots and lots of stories on Renotalk and the shop owners themselves claiming that ID do get a cut of the commission if they bring their clients over. The shop owner will tend to mark up the prices much higher than the usual price so that the extra goes to the ID/Contractor. :unsure:

On the other hand, it's also a huge problem without the presence of ID. I have purchased all the kitchenwares, lightings, toilet accessories etc on my own and it's only during installation that they realised that some of the items I have purchased are defects, faulty, incompatible, wrong etc, hence I have to spend a few evening rushing to different shops to make exchange. :(

Ya lo.. I lazy to go around shopping, except for my furniture & electrical appliances.. dat's the risk/price to pay lo! :(

I was quite upfront wif Mr ID.. i told him: "i'm not sure if u r making commission out of all the gai siao, but even if u do, it's understandable. i hope u dun take me as a carrot head & trust u to do a gd job for me.. ok?!" He said he dun make commission out of it, but he preferred to work with reasonably-priced & trustworthy sellers (tt he had sieved out over the years) tt he had been working with for the benefit of his customers & his own work & reputation.. He said he had seen many clients buying their own & brought upon themselves (and his workers) too many troubles.. :unsure: Anyway, 疑人不用,用人不疑 lo...

Most of the shops Mr ID brought me c/w listed prices (so i tend to believe wat walk-in customers see is wat i see too) & they gave some discount over that. So as long as the prices not exorbitant & were comparable to elsewhere i checked (i did do some price comparisons ok!), i ok le.. Dat's why i live up to ur remark that i'm the "most nice customer" award winner mah! (mayb deep down ur heart u r laughing at dis biggest carrot head hor! :bleah:)

Ya lo.. I lazy to go around shopping, except for my furniture & electrical appliances.. dat's the risk/price to pay lo! :(

I was quite upfront wif Mr ID.. i told him: "i'm not sure if u r making commission out of all the gai siao, but even if u do, it's understandable. i hope u dun take me as a carrot head & trust u to do a gd job for me.. ok?!" He said he dun make commission out of it, but he preferred to work with reasonably-priced & trustworthy sellers (tt he had sieved out over the years) tt he had been working with for the benefit of his customers & his own work & reputation.. He said he had seen many clients buying their own & brought upon themselves (and his workers) too many troubles.. :unsure: Anyway, 疑人不用,用人不疑 lo...

Most of the shops Mr ID brought me c/w listed prices (so i tend to believe wat walk-in customers see is wat i see too) & they gave some discount over that. So as long as the prices not exorbitant & were comparable to elsewhere i checked (i did do some price comparisons ok!), i ok le.. Dat's why i live up to ur remark that i'm the "most nice customer" award winner mah! (mayb deep down ur heart u r laughing at dis biggest carrot head hor! :bleah:)

Hahaha.. No no. I not laughing at you. As long as you did your check and the prices are reasonable, it's perfectly alright. I'm just saying that there are IDs out there who are always trying to earn more commission at the expense of the poor customer due to their lack of knowledge. I'm pretty sure we Renotalkers are smart fellows. :lol:

Anyway I totally agreed with you that 疑人不用,用人不疑。I think I have also created a lot of troubles for them during the installation with all my wrong purchases and now he needs to re-schedule a date for his electricians to come again to re-install some of the outstanding lightings. :(

Edited by Bengologist

Hahaha.. No no. I not laughing at you. As long as you did your check and the prices are reasonable, it's perfectly alright. I'm just saying that there are IDs out there who are always trying to earn more commission at the expense of the poor customer due to their lack of knowledge. I'm pretty sure we Renotalkers are smart fellows. :lol:

Anyway I totally agreed with you that 疑人不用,用人不疑。I think I have also created a lot of troubles for them during the installation with all my wrong purchases and now he needs to re-schedule a date for his electricians to come again to re-install some of the outstanding lightings. :(

哈哈! i only pulling ur leg la! 老哥 a bit koo koo today! :wacko:

哈哈! i only pulling ur leg la! 老哥 a bit koo koo today! :wacko:

Hahaha.. It's okay. :lol:

Anyway drink more water and stay indoor okay? The weather is pretty bad. PSI level is 299 right now. :jawdrop:

16th June 2013

If there comes a day when dictionary.com want to re-define the meaning of "efficiency", I will advise them to put Radianze Furnishing & Decor into the list. After taking the measurements of my window panels on 9th June, Ryan called me the next day to say that they are able to come down on Sunday to install all the blinds! That's even faster than the speed of light! Okay, I exaggerated on the speed but you guys/girls understand what I mean. It's really quick in the curtain/blind industry. :lol:

Went up on this hazy Sunday to open the gates for Ryan & his worker to enter so as to commence their installation work. Ryan informed me that I can have my breakfast and when he's done, he will drop me a call. As I had just undergone a rough week with the theft issue, I did a quick check :ph34r: on my 'inventories' in the storeroom before handing the house over to them for the blind installation.

After an hour, Ryan called me to say that the blinds are ready. Upon entering the house, I went straight to the storeroom to check on the items again before he started explaining to me on the application of the blinds. Once the discussion is done, I handed him the full payment cheque and he informed me that I can call him straight on the mobile if there's anything wrong with the blinds in the near future, before leaving my house with a wide smile on his face. This is what I meant by top-notch quality services. :good::good::good:

Here's the pictures of the blinds:-

1) Partial black-out blind in the living hall. My parents have not seen it. Hopefully they will not stare at me like this :angry2:

20130616_124301_zps7dc16242.jpg

2) The partial black-out blind from the side view.

20130616_124133_zpsbcf3ddbf.jpg

3) The black-out blind in my parents' room

20130616_124153_zpsa546f40c.jpg

4) The grey/silver colour blind in my sister's room. It blends perfectly with the colour of the wall but I didn't manage to capture it perfectly in the correct light condition. :unsure:

20130616_124447_zps857ad1db.jpg

5) And finally, the black-out blinds in the Master Bedroom. Looks kinda weird :wacko: against the dark wall. :(

20130616_124523_zpsfcc1de4c.jpg

Beng, all the rooms blinds swee swee. As for your room, i don't feel weird at all. It depend on how you see it..as long as you are comfortable, that will be good..cos it will be you the one face it everyday. :)

Haha I din look at normal rollers blinds at all (becos i dun like the either fully opaque or fully 50% option) so din check out the price.. :P But i know rainbow is definitely more exp (not to mention i think kena chopped carrot head a little :() I like it quite a lot.. but looks like not many bros & sis got it so not much sharing.. Ya pls do ur hmwork before deciding whether to get it.. share share ur info too :lol:

Sorry..I forget about this message. I have check a shop, the lady me told me it quite expensive. Can you share with me how much you get per foot run? I just need it for my master room.. I think I need to run around Singapore to get the quote. Lol

Lol... I guess she will be wayyyyyyy ahead of her peers in the future when it comes to dressing sense cause she can mix colour well. :good:

yea maybe :)

@ Niko> Thx for sharing ur pics (not difficult right? gd efforts! :thumbs up: ) Gd progress, n wat cheery choice of colors u hv there! Not too over-whelming but enof to inject cheerful spots ard the hse! Well done sis! Sure will visit if u open hse when it's done! Can c tt u very 好客! Haha! :) (By the way, saw the interior of ur wardrobe oso laminated. Is this the default by ur ID/contractor - bcos usually only white lining - or did u request for it at a cost?)

bro, mostly I use phone to type message, upload photos using phone too..so I feel it very hard lol. Thanks for the compliment. I'm not 好客, just that I like to make more friends and exchange ideas what we have. :) .... All wardrobes the interior laminated I requested and paid for it, my carpenter guy won't be so good give me for free..wait long long.

Sorry..I forget about this message. I have check a shop, the lady me told me it quite expensive. Can you share with me how much you get per foot run? I just need it for my master room.. I think I need to run around Singapore to get the quote. Lol

One of my regrets for my reno that time.. nvr ask for breakdown of my curtain & blinds purchase!! so it was in lump sum. So sorry sis, afraid u may hv to run a bit to check out the prices.. Anyway, I think i kena chopped carrot head a bit for this prticular purchase bcos was a bit rush that time.. so sad lah! :(

For info, I got it from Az*r*/A*o*a (piece this 2 together) Curtain Pte Ltd at Balestiar Road. I can share some pics of my blinds if u wish.. (@Beng beng - paiseh, always hijack ur blog.. :P)

Edited by jus4fun

bro, mostly I use phone to type message, upload photos using phone too..so I feel it very hard lol. Thanks for the compliment. I'm not 好客, just that I like to make more friends and exchange ideas what we have. :) .... All wardrobes the interior laminated I requested and paid for it, my carpenter guy won't be so good give me for free..wait long long.

Oh, so need pay extra as expected.. So far i only know Edd bro got it foc.. so lucky!! :)

13th June 2013

After the tortoise start to my renovation, my house had undergone a major fast & furious transformation over the last couple of weeks, which is partly my mom's credit for nagging at the ID. Just when things are finally switching to the positive side, my ID dropped a bomb on me while I was engaged in a staring contest with the monitor screen in my office. He told me that some of the items I had placed inside the storeroom were MISSING!

OHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDD! :jawdrop:

He informed me that his contractor had told him that the Tecno Hob & Hood were missing, so he questioned me to find out if I had brought it home. I immediately replied in a rather outraged manner,"Why do I have to bring it back? These two items are so heavy and bulky. I have deliberately left all the items inside the storeroom for your convenience during installation and now you are telling me they are lost? What else are missing? You sure it's missing? Did you or your contractor check properly? We have not adjusted anything in the storeroom. The only time I know the items are being moved is when your workers shifted them to the living hall during the painting of the storeroom. Did any of your workers steal it? If yes, tell them to return it asap in perfect condition. Otherwise, I'm gonna make a police report later on the theft!" :furious:

He was stunned at my reaction and immediately apologise for his comment. He mentioned that this is the first time such thing had happened and he is trying to figure out solutions to tackle this issue without compromising the renovation progress. He offered to do a double-check with his contractor and workers. After 30 minutes, he gave me a call again to say that he had called up all the workers and none admitted to stealing the Tecno Hob & Hood. In order to prevent delay in the renovation, he offered to compensate me with a new Tecno Hob & Hood, using his own pocket money and claim the amount from the company at a later date. In addition, he went ahead to change the number lock and also complied a list of the workers for submission to the police. Despite his habit of impunctuality & unresponsive to calls/SMS/Whatsapp, I'm pretty satisfied with the way how he handled this unforeseen circumstances.

Therefore in the evening after my work, I went up to my house to check on all the things in the storeroom to ensure that there are no further missing items. After snapping a few photos of the progress, I made my way to the Punggol Neighbourhood Police Post to file a police report on the missing items. I really have to feedback that not only is the police station located in a strange & inaccessible area (21A Tebing Lane), the police officer recording my statement took a very long time to generate the police report. I was there from 10.30pm to 12am and had to take a cab home (midnight charges :~ ). As of today (19th June 2013), the investigating officer had not given me a call, so I really wonder if they are following up on the case.

Anyway here are some of the pictures of my renovation progress taken on 13th June:-

1) The carpentry items and the tools & equipment placed in the living hall

20130613_215537_zps16488c5d.jpg

2) The glass sliding door for the MBR wardrobe

20130613_215548_zps4b73dab8.jpg

3) Part of the wardrobe is already installed in one of the common bedroom

20130613_215815_zpsaadac803.jpg

4) The kitchen cabinets. The granite top will be installed on 21st June.

20130613_215708_zps8579f9b3.jpg

5) The cabinet on the opposite side of the kitchen

20130613_215724_zps1029090f.jpg

Felt so sad for this post. I agreed with Beng on the frequent check of the renovation process. I am also in this sort of situation before during my renovation. My kitchen mixer was buried among the rubbish in the service yard when my kitchen carpentry was carried out. The workers threw all the rubbish on top of the kitchen mixer package and thought that they are rubbish. If i never do a spot check on the carpentry works on that fateful day, my kitchen mixer that gotten from taobao will have been thrown away by the workers.

It is important to keep track of your purchased items, especially those you spent lots of $$ to buy. :jawdrop: Rather to be safe than sorry. :jammin:

One of my regrets for my reno that time.. nvr ask for breakdown of my curtain & blinds purchase!! so it was in lump sum. So sorry sis, afraid u may hv to run a bit to check out the prices.. Anyway, I think i kena chopped carrot head a bit for this prticular purchase bcos was a bit rush that time.. so sad lah! :(

For info, I got it from Az*r*/A*o*a (piece this 2 together) Curtain Pte Ltd at Balestiar Road. I can share some pics of my blinds if u wish.. (@Beng beng - paiseh, always hijack ur blog.. :P)

Ok. I still got time, will slower go check out. Please share the photo. Thank you