Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oldskool

Blast From The Past

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A copper trough sink would have been so awesome! Loving the entire look of your home, gorgeous!

I agree but it is so hard to find that here :(

thanks mrswk & makan!

hey mhb yea glad our calculation was right hahah. my laminate for the rooms are what i refer to them as 'battle worn' hahah. at least your MIL says it look dirty. for me, after the laminates were laid, my dad came over and said.."eh why your floor still hafent do yet?" :unsure: hahah

actually we found out the pros of having this kinda laminate while cleaning the place, you never know whether if its clean or dirty. so wth just leave it as it is. great excuse not to do housework hehe.

Got my bed frame yesterday... It really looks awesome in term of the size and the design. My wifey love it to the max....My MIL received it on our behalf and mention that it will be very difficult to remove in the future as there are many screws involved in the build up of the frame... And with the mattress on top, it is almost her height... 😀

Love how ur MBR bathroom turns out to be!! Looks worn out with style....!

thanks hanafi!

A copper trough sink would have been so awesome! Loving the entire look of your home, gorgeous!

I agree but it is so hard to find that here :(

thanks tessina! copper trough sink with copper pipes running as taps w have been awesome but they were so hard to find as makan mentioned.

thanks mrswk & makan!

hey mhb yea glad our calculation was right hahah. my laminate for the rooms are what i refer to them as 'battle worn' hahah. at least your MIL says it look dirty. for me, after the laminates were laid, my dad came over and said.."eh why your floor still hafent do yet?" :unsure: hahah

actually we found out the pros of having this kinda laminate while cleaning the place, you never know whether if its clean or dirty. so wth just leave it as it is. great excuse not to do housework hehe.

Got my bed frame yesterday... It really looks awesome in term of the size and the design. My wifey love it to the max....My MIL received it on our behalf and mention that it will be very difficult to remove in the future as there are many screws involved in the build up of the frame... And with the mattress on top, it is almost her height...

hahaha yeah our height turned out to be pretty tall as well. teil your MIL like that the bed more 'zai' steady ma. :)

when we first decided to go with the old school theme we were concerned that the whole place w look too grey, and dull.

with our bits and pieces coming together, i think the colors are standing out against the cement in the whole place.

heres a few shots of the splashes of colors!

dining chairs at night:

9698804719_e48b845a76.jpg

chairs

9698804565_18337237b3.jpg

chairs2

we also FINALLY unwrap one of our purchase few years back during elephant parade :)

9702040458_cb8bc34c17.jpg

elephant

9698927421_598b14f0a6.jpg

elephant 2

Edited by oldskool

we unwrapped our vintage kai kristiansen danish chest as well. the picture doesnt do it justice will get a better shot of it again.

9702104298_7a691aa21c.jpg
big boy chest

and with comex over the weekend the splurge was on the sonos playbar which was a target 2 months back, when pre order was 200 bucks cheaper. sigh. oh well. we forget abt that fact once the music starts flowing thru that soundbar. it was awesome!

9702040304_55c8b833ca.jpg
sonos

Your house is sooo beautiful so 'retroly' cosy !!

thanks renoholic, your round one of reno theme is something we will do as well! :) looking forward to your part 2 of your reno!

we unwrapped our vintage kai kristiansen danish chest as well. the picture doesnt do it justice will get a better shot of it again.

9702104298_7a691aa21c.jpg

big boy chest

and with comex over the weekend the splurge was on the sonos playbar which was a target 2 months back, when pre order was 200 bucks cheaper. sigh. oh well. we forget abt that fact once the music starts flowing thru that soundbar. it was awesome!

9702040304_55c8b833ca.jpg

sonos

oldskool... i can get the playbar for under 1k... im looking to get the soundbar too.. the deal for the comex for the PLAY 3 or PLAY5 is pretty good... free sonos bridge

oldskool... i can get the playbar for under 1k... im looking to get the soundbar too.. the deal for the comex for the PLAY 3 or PLAY5 is pretty good... free sonos bridge

can please share how much the Play 3 and Play 5 cost?

Edited by vanessa

sleepybeauty u mean u can get it under 1k?? alamak I paid more for it during comex. I know the pre order in June was 999. now they adjusted up the price. where can u get it for Under 1k?

Vanessa, play 3 for 555 and play 5 for 743. shipping from states might be cheaper if u have some one to bring it over. it's dual voltage and I think the current is as well. need to double check again.

Hi oldskool, the Playbar sounds OK without the SONOS SUB (esp. for movies)?

I also interested to know where to get the Playbar under 1K leh. Hehe.

I bought my Play 5 late last year via Amazon (need to go via forwarder). Confirm - It's dual voltage (no need transformer). :)

hey mltr I hafent had the chance to watch a movie off the play bar.

I did play thru my iTunes w the sonos app and also plug in my vinyl player thru the tv. the balance is just right for me.

I'm not a bass heavy person though, I use a shures 425 iems which I think the play bar is comparable in terms of balance.

once I get the chance to watch a movie off it w let y know n thanks for info in dual voltage. :) now to look for sources to bring 2 play 3 back hehe

Hello! Are you able to share the sweet deal of under 1k playbar?