Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oldskool

Blast From The Past

Err no la...seriously you win hands down sarah...i only find cute lil things LOL....i like those spoons!! Oldskool where did you get the little saucers from? Really bummed about the whole set that was on craigslist :(

van, i got the saucers from a stash my mum found in the kitchen cabinet. yea i heard from sarah, im surprised it was gone so fast.

Hi hi Oldskool

i really love the look of your place!

I am also a big vintage fan (but unfortunately my wife doesnt really share my love for all things vintage...) [hope she is not reading this haha]

May i know where you got the replica ph5 light, and the ping pong bowls and spoons please?

Maybe you can PM me at stilldelving@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks!!!

hey thanks! lucky for my my wtb was into vintage and old stuff as well haha.

ph5 replica from light+form at balestier. pingpong bowls from sarah :) and unfortunately i dont have the spoons yet. those were found by sarah online i think, so now all my ping pong players got no 'bats'.

side note: if anyone looking for a cheap sofa bed 9 more hours to go. just got one for the common room.

http://www.deal.com.sg/deals/singapore/courts-singapore-only-129-fuze-sofa-bed-courts-megastore-choice-brown-black

cheers!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I've been trying to search for hairpin legs on tb too! Might resort to just buying from US. It's nearly S$300 for 4 legs including shipping though.

hi greglhc

how much will it cost to ship the hairpin legs to singapore? I hv seen 2 pairs of legs for coffeetable on usa website for less than usd 100, and Esty has a set of 4 for s$58

http://www.etsy.com/listing/111729276/hairpin-legs-12-set-of-4

Hi ZIhui,

Its really time consuming isnt it? Salute to the TBers!

I tried '发夹腿' without success and tried doing a wider scope search with '北欧家具' (scandi furniture) hoping to find a nice hairpin legs coffeetable with the intention of reusing the legs when I get bored with the table. Only saw one three-legged table out of the 10-20 pages I checked.

hi Zihui,

I am very impressed with Vanessa's hunts from taobao !she doesnt even know how to read chinese and had to rely on google chrome for the translation!

I tried to tong bang her next TB shipment but gave up after trying more than 30 mins to find non-kiddy door stoppers yesterday. just tried to search for hairpin legs on TB and mission failed again. Help lol

http://mayamade.blogspot.sg/2010/07/hairpin-leg-wine-storage-barn-diy.html

I agree - Vanessa's ability to suss out the good deals on taobao are even more amazing, bearing in mind the fact that she doesn't know how to read chinese

i just tried to help you hunt as well and you're not kidding!

I've tried '发夹椅腿' and got loads of hairpins, scrunchies and hair pieces

I then tried ‘椅腿DIY' and got loads of chair legs, but after scrolling for so many pages, still can't find anything that looks like the hairpin legs in the article you quoted

Have tried several other permutations as well and I'm throwing in the towel.

The closest that I got was http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.8.XTEamR&id=13522691943

but the shape and color are both wrong

:curse::curse::curse:

Ah ok I was referring to the price of four 28" black legs - shipping was quoted at US$99. Shipping takes 4-7 days.

Excludes time to fabricate. My quote is from hairpinlegsforless.com

hi greglhc

how much will it cost to ship the hairpin legs to singapore? I hv seen 2 pairs of legs for coffeetable on usa website for less than usd 100, and Esty has a set of 4 for s$58

http://www.etsy.com/listing/111729276/hairpin-legs-12-set-of-4

Oh this light is cute... where did u get this from? How much ah?

Hahha.. that seems to be my most-used phrase on renotalk nowadays. :lol:

hey beng just double check tt light was 28 bucks.

here's a shot of it light up in the bomb shelter.

9523850534_7050ae3ea8.jpg

bomb shelter

to go with the theme of the place, we were specific in looking for the fans that we wanted.

bladeless dysons are out for us, so we went on a old school look fan hunt & found 3 of them!

first 2 were gotten from courts which was having discount for them

9521700755_9b9a812003.jpg
fan2

9521700869_51c26d51b6.jpg
fan 3

the last one we got was a elusive iona one which took us a while to find. it was listed that Tangs and HN carries them, but when we got there they didnt have them. the wtb was adamant on finding it and wrote to the distributor directly. we finally found it and got it directly from them at a really good price for 38.50. it didnt come with a box, as they were doing a clearance due to damage boxes, which was why we couldnt find them in the stores. comes with a 1 year warranty. the service there pissed me off a little when they tried to smoke me by saying its the only piece on display, but upon saying that i needed 2 they said that there was another piece. and when we spoke with what was the person in charge, she explained that she had alot to clear due to the damage packaging. :dunno:

we ended up only getting one as they couldnt assemble the other one in time, since we obviously refuse to pick up the dent piece on display.

heres the pic:

9521580355_69d16fdffc.jpg
fan

we might head back for one more in future.

Sometimes Mustafa carries the older designs of Iona so in case you can't get another unit from Tangs, you can check out Mustafa. The place has some gems but it can be a pain to navigate around :P

hi Greglhc

are you still keen to get the hairpin legs? Wanna combine shipment? I saw the legs from hairpinlessforless.com before but think Etsy is cheaper and the guy can make custom length.

hi greglhc

how much will it cost to ship the hairpin legs to singapore? I hv seen 2 pairs of legs for coffeetable on usa website for less than usd 100, and Esty has a set of 4 for s$58http://www.etsy.com/listing/111729276/hairpin-legs-12-set-of-4

Ah ok I was referring to the price of four 28" black legs - shipping was quoted at US$99. Shipping takes 4-7 days.

Excludes time to fabricate. My quote is from hairpinlegsforless.com

hi Greglhc

are you still keen to get the hairpin legs? Wanna combine shipment? I saw the legs from hairpinlessforless.com before but think Etsy is cheaper and the guy can make custom length.

I'm keen! Trying to DIY smth for my bedside. But havent figure out the height. Will let u know.

Sometimes Mustafa carries the older designs of Iona so in case you can't get another unit from Tangs, you can check out Mustafa. The place has some gems but it can be a pain to navigate around :P

thanks will drop by then on a quiet night since they are 24 hours :)

Can also consider the Mistral one - it's avail at Best Denki - it's bronze tone is more natural looking than the Iona one, imho.

we actually got the mistral one along with the iona. ended up buying 3 different fans haha

hanafi,

if you are still looking for old school wires like these:

9535945011_59fe408336.jpg

wires

i found them in a shop around the neighbourhood, let me know if you want the exact address.

separately also to share for anyone looking for diamond clocks or old tengkat like these:

9538767060_da8b2eae90.jpg

tengkat

you can check them out at http://facebook.com/ini.sukasuka

we are expecting most of the reno to be done in about 2 weeks time..fingers cross as our furniture are all coming in by the 31st!

exciting times ahead.

:jammin:

thanks will drop by then on a quiet night since they are 24 hours :)

we actually got the mistral one along with the iona. ended up buying 3 different fans haha

hanafi,

if you are still looking for old school wires like these:

9535945011_59fe408336.jpg

wires

i found them in a shop around the neighbourhood, let me know if you want the exact address.

separately also to share for anyone looking for diamond clocks or old tengkat like these:

9538767060_da8b2eae90.jpg

tengkat

you can check them out at http://facebook.com/ini.sukasuka

we are expecting most of the reno to be done in about 2 weeks time..fingers cross as our furniture are all coming in by the 31st!

exciting times ahead.

:jammin:

Yes Ferdi is quite reasonable :)