Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oldskool

Blast From The Past

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi oldskool,

I really couldn't help but laugh when I saw the donut-like lamps hanging over the mosaic table, continuing with the Simpsons theme

but the things that really got me giggling was the 'ping-pong' dishes and the 'chicken cage' from Bali. Where in the world did you find furniture like this????

If you ever have a housewarming party and invite me, I'm definitely going to get you all the old school games for you to display - chapteh, 5 stones, old maid, donkey etc

I think the "donut" lights is designed Jeremy Pyles. I shortlisted one of his glass lights too but felt it was too retro for my vintage dining table in the end.

hi oldskool,

awesome photos~! very inspiring...are those false ceilings for living/dining area or original ceiling? :D

thanks hanafi. they are original ceiling. :)

I love your vintage wall display. Where did you get it from?

hey pills i got them from noden collective.

nodencollective.com

very cool owners and most of their stuff are one piece vintage items.

i got my sofa and dining chairs from them as well.

hope this helps.

Hi oldskool,

I really couldn't help but laugh when I saw the donut-like lamps hanging over the mosaic table, continuing with the Simpsons theme

but the things that really got me giggling was the 'ping-pong' dishes and the 'chicken cage' from Bali. Where in the world did you find furniture like this????

If you ever have a housewarming party and invite me, I'm definitely going to get you all the old school games for you to display - chapteh, 5 stones, old maid, donkey etc

hahha glad to have started your day right. we spent a good half a day getting that chicken cage light from bali. was really cheap as well, just a bit of a hassle to bring them back.

the games you name are non existence today with technology, but we had so much fun playing them growing up right :)

I think the "donut" lights is designed Jeremy Pyles. I shortlisted one of his glass lights too but felt it was too retro for my vintage dining table in the end.

thanks for enlightening!

i think the ping pong dishes take the prize :lol:

hahah i dont think we can find these nowadays.

Hi oldskool,

I have a dozen of "ping-pong" bowls!!

I helped my friend moved some ctns to her new flat 7-8 years ago and she showed me one big ctn of kitchen stuff which she intends to give away. Her mom was a shoppping queen and bought many things which they neverbor rarely use. Was delighted to see the "ping-pong" bowls coz I have never seen them before. took the bowls and a brand new food warmer . I gave away six bowls to my younger brother and his wife, they never use them! Maybe I should sell them to oldskool :)

I have a dozen of "ping-pong" bowls!!

I helped my friend moved some ctns to her new flat 7-8 years ago and she showed me one big ctn of kitchen stuff which she intends to give away. Her mom was a shoppping queen and bought many things which they neverbor rarely use. Was delighted to see the "ping-pong" bowls coz I have never seen them before. took the bowls and a brand new food warmer . I gave away six bowls to my younger brother and his wife, they never use them! Maybe I should sell them to oldskool :)

hey sarah i'm keen! lemme drop u a PM :)

hi oldskool,

let me check with my bro, hope they didnt dispose them when they moved to their new flat last year :) I have never seen them using!

9453091049_010cb8eb4e.jpg

20130807_082852 by Sarahbj3b, on Flickr

They are gorgeous!! I wouldnt mind picking up two if they are spare!

Vanessa not a prob if Sarah has them available I can take 4 of them and u can have the other 2 :)

lala glad u r having tt feel hahah tts our end objective

on another note we r looking at having digital locks installed. any of u have any recommendation? we checked w interlock and were recommended the following:

for door

Samsung 5230 (fingerprint, pin, key)

for gate

Gateman F10 (fingerprint, pin)

any advise w be helpful.

thanks!

old school theme cannot have digital lock la. heh

Vanessa not a prob if Sarah has them available I can take 4 of them and u can have the other 2 :)

lala glad u r having tt feel hahah tts our end objective

on another note we r looking at having digital locks installed. any of u have any recommendation? we checked w interlock and were recommended the following:

for door
Samsung 5230 (fingerprint, pin, key)

for gate
Gateman F10 (fingerprint, pin)

any advise w be helpful.

thanks!

Are u going for gate digital lock as well?

that's what detered me. Cos the cost for gate digital lock is higher compared to door.

If only one has manual key, then another digital lock. Defeats the purpose to me...

if i stay in pte condo and only have a door, i would go digital!