Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oldskool

Blast From The Past

went washing machine shopping last week and was recommended Bosch was-20460, and a Electrolux ewf10842 can't seem to find much reviews on them... any good recommendations? :))

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yea we have one that we are using, and like how 'anti-slip' it is, so decided to get one more for the new place, but also partially for the 'AAA' on it la haha :)

over the very short week, we started on our carpentry and looking back we must say the progress on the reno has been extremely fast given that its just a month since we started and we are almost done. the coordination from our ID is near flawless and there were minimal wastage in terms of time loss, and any issues they were able to rectify them really quick.

shot of dining table into the kitchen:

gallery_55498_7_2590.jpg

smeg oven and hob in place not secured yet.

gallery_55498_7_37179.jpg

aircon tmr, hope it goes well.

we are in search of bathroom accessories, like toiletries holder, towel hangers, etc, any advise will be helpfull :)

I have purchased my shower system and taps...and i am very happy with the design and price of them. (you can see them here: http://vanessafridahome.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/bathroom-tap-and-shower-system/) if you want the contact, give me a shout :)

I have purchased my shower system and taps...and i am very happy with the design and price of them. (you can see them here: http://vanessafridahome.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/bathroom-tap-and-shower-system/) if you want the contact, give me a shout :)

hey vanessa, thanks for info! they look super good la...but us being the kanjiong spider (rather just me and not my wtb), we went to hupfarri and purchased most of our items there.

abit out of topic, your dog looks really cosy in the pic :good:

hey vanessa, thanks for info! they look super good la...but us being the kanjiong spider (rather just me and not my wtb), we went to hupfarri and purchased most of our items there.

abit out of topic, your dog looks really cosy in the pic :good:

No worries...sorry i wasn't fast enough to help...cos i managed to squeeze the owner for a 40% off the retail price...can teach you a couple of tricks when dealing with them. Also liked them cos it is pretty much grohe (the assembled in THailand range) price but this is italian made and designed :)

My little girl is a very happy go lucky gal..but then again...most Golden Retrievers are....but we had to sacrifice certain design elements to accommodate the little gal :)

Edited by vanessa

@vanessa, its inclusive of installation n prices are much cheaper! Called them ytday! Thanks Michael for thd lobang!

sigh

these digital door locks are sleek and gorgeous but at this point, our budget is so stretched that it's currently filed under 'nice to have' and 'maybe in the future'

guess i'll be sticking to the tried and tested lock and key at the moment :~

@vanessa, its inclusive of installation n prices are much cheaper! Called them ytday! Thanks Michael for thd lobang!

which one did you get!

Haven decide whether to get those with handles or juz the rims.. I wld need to change the door handle which will cost me 200 (yale) and get a rim digi lock or get a digi lock with handles.. But food for thought that if the digi lock broke, i got anor old skool door lock... decisions decisions decisions..

@zihui, ask htb to drink less n u will hv more budget.. :P

I went to Like That One last weekend and got something too! after reading about it here and somewhere online. But I'm still loving your wall display. Didn't find any wall display that I like though.

hey pills i w keep a look out for you on the wall display if i see another thats similar will give you a shout.

sigh

these digital door locks are sleek and gorgeous but at this point, our budget is so stretched that it's currently filed under 'nice to have' and 'maybe in the future'

guess i'll be sticking to the tried and tested lock and key at the moment :~

zihui, we are stretched too on budget, the digital locks are in our 'good to have' list as well :)

amidst a minor lost delivery hiccup we finally got the doors up for the bedrooms and toilets:

9508635461_7ebcc31403.jpg
room door

9508635275_685bbcef75.jpg

and the sink is up in the master bedroom as well:

9508635639_879da7c904.jpg
master sink

to relief from the lost delivery fustration we went into a assam craze at robinsons sales:

9508618739_5fb759f2bf.jpg
assam

and also a bin craze:

9508635909_5404793e6c.jpg
bin

the savings substantial at the robinsons sales we must say, getting our bedsheets, wok, towels etc..burnt the pocket but thinking of the savings helps abit :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by oldskool

hey hanafi good eyes la u like tt also can tell its aluminum! lemme drop u a PM on the cost.

Haha...thot normal toilet door always made of aluminum material..water and corrode resistant....:)

Wanted a double leaf toilet door for my toilets due to small toilet space...but wondering got double leaf aluminum door or not...

Thanks for the PM!!

Haha...thot normal toilet door always made of aluminum material..water and corrode resistant.... :)

Wanted a double leaf toilet door for my toilets due to small toilet space...but wondering got double leaf aluminum door or not...

Thanks for the PM!!

no worries! yea we went with aluminum as we thought that it will be better in terms of water and corrosion resistance. as i din opt in for the door from HDB, i always have the impression that the ones they provide are wood. i might be wrong though :blink:

i seen in someone's t-blog where it was a two piece lourve door, which i thought look really good as well. opens in the middle, that way saves some space too. hope you can get the double leaf aluminum door.

a close up shot for @huiying on the blackboard wall:

9514656509_8de001e768.jpg

blackboard chalk

since we painted on the walk with the chalk board paint, we wont expect a smooth flat surface. we played a tic-tac-toe over the weekend..and as with all tic-tac-toe it ends in a draw...

the cleaning part does leave some chalk stains on the wall, however that's with us cleaning with tissue. we cant find a duster, even at artfriend. guess no one uses blackboards anymore :bangwall:

drawers are up in the kitchen:

9517445634_028f23db80.jpg

drawers

and we have the carpentry done for both the sauce drawer on both sides of the oven:

9517445470_1330d595af.jpg

oven carpentry 2

this is currently my fave corner with the vents and the nestum light, sorry for the poor quality photo. the shadow off the ventilation bricks against the wall was pretty cool, just that my phone cldnt take a decent shot of it.

9517445296_5258900b66.jpg

ventilation nestum

looking forward to the capentry to be done in the kitchen!

Edited by oldskool