Blast From The Past

hahah give chance a bit la :)

thanks w consider this.

thanks lala

thanks!

ok cool once i get it will PM u thanks!

hey ptopaz thanks.

lemme check n PM you again on this.

we let our ID handled the cement screed since we wanted to make sure we get the tone we wanted, and also to ensure it levels properly with the tiles and laminates in the kitchen and rooms respectively.

gimme sometime to get back to you. cheers.

Hey oldskool, thanks... Appreciate it!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I engaged HDB contractor to do mine and regretted it. It turned out to be very dark and rough. Now I have to get my ID to engage someone else to re-screed it with self leveling cement. Praying that I don't have hack the floor which is going to cost me another sum of $.

Anyway, if you are intending to use hdb contractor, Good to show them the color tone you want. And supervise closely!

Sheesh... I guess it's a heng swei thing... I saw some posts in t-blog where the color tone is not that bad ( blogger used the hdb contractor cement screed prior to laying laminate flooring)

If that's the case, I dare not take the chance Liao... Don't think the hdb contractor will be bothered abt wad color tone I want....

i like the end product of your cement screed... how much does it cost for your floor area to get this effect?

Not sure if it will be cheaper if i first get HDB to do one level (for free) first....

PMed :)

That rag is really rough.

yea we have one that we are using, and like how 'anti-slip' it is, so decided to get one more for the new place, but also partially for the 'AAA' on it la haha :)

over the very short week, we started on our carpentry and looking back we must say the progress on the reno has been extremely fast given that its just a month since we started and we are almost done. the coordination from our ID is near flawless and there were minimal wastage in terms of time loss, and any issues they were able to rectify them really quick.

shot of dining table into the kitchen:

gallery_55498_7_2590.jpg

smeg oven and hob in place not secured yet.

gallery_55498_7_37179.jpg

aircon tmr, hope it goes well.

we are in search of bathroom accessories, like toiletries holder, towel hangers, etc, any advise will be helpfull :)

hi oldskool,

need more ping pongs to complete your collection? ::http://singapore.craigslist.com.sg/hsh/3962810259.html

Wow, they're worth $150! The design is indeed funny cute!

I love the design too! I am not a vintage collector cannot comprehend why the set is priced so high but apparently they are,quite sought after!

Out of curiousity I did a google on the ping pong bowls and found out that the set of crokery has great historical value. The term "ping pong politic" was coined in the 70s and the visit by president Nixions was a great historical moment. The town that produced the set is well known for its fine china. I have never heard of Li Ling and cant even pronounce the name Li Ling in chinese :)

http://wapbaike.baidu.com/view/855621.htm?adapt=1&

Hi Oldskool, thanks for sharing! Btw, i am also sourcing around for a digital lock and so far Interlock is the cheapest i can find. Only problem is this...yes digital for the main door, but the gate ones look quite strange....so essentially we are still carrying around a key...i can't seem to find one of those key hides that look like a rock etc....thinking if i can find a decent one, can hide the padlock key into the herb rack along the corridor or something. :dunno:

There one more local company supply digital also,they price even cheaper than other.can check out their website.

https://www.xrola.com

There one more local company supply digital also,they price even cheaper than other.can check out their website.

https://www.xrola.com

thanks for the info w check it out.

hi oldskool,

Is your laminated flooring from evorich? I like your smeg oven. Where did you get it and how much? Thks.

hi verre,

laminates we use were berry alloc. not sure where they are from, our ID got them for us.

smeg oven we got it from Unilite, we got it with a couple of other stuff as a lump sum with some discount. i dont have the exact amount, but i would think in the range of 900++.

cheers

I went to Like That One last weekend and got something too! after reading about it here and somewhere online. But I'm still loving your wall display. Didn't find any wall display that I like though.