Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oldskool

Blast From The Past

Sarah told me about your stolmen adventure. did u have to sandpaper down the pipe first? Nonetheless looks good!

hey greg, i din sand it down, i just went the lazy way and sprayed on it :) thanks!

you are really on full speed with this DIY project! :)

what do you intend to do with the white planks and drawers? I think it might be worthwhile to walk around IKEA to see if you can find non-white planks that fit, or get them cut at a wood factory.

might plan to get it from the wood contact van gave gotta see the cost though.

hey beng! yea we got something similar for the place. it's a old erickson rotary phone. i will post the pic up soon. thanks for remembering this 'old' house when you saw the phone haha

POWERRRRRR

hahah thanks mrmerry. your house also very power! yes..i've been a silent stalker. lol

separately, does any of you guys know if we can change out the entire gate that HDB provided? have something in mind if the gate can be changed entirely.

any advise?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

separately, does any of you guys know if we can change out the entire gate that HDB provided? have something in mind if the gate can be changed entirely.

any advise?

Shouldn't be a problem, I changed mine out as the design of the previous one very 'orbit' (resale unit).

Shouldn't be a problem, I changed mine out as the design of the previous one very 'orbit' (resale unit).

thanks tessina, we are toying with the idea of replacing it with a scissors gate. only prob is they are hard to find, and the one source we got is extremely expensive. lets see what happens, not a top priority for now.

today we had the cement screed guys coming to do the touch up before the sealant is applied. i must say that looking at them work, its no simple task. to make sure the surface are as even as they can be, and smooth at the same time, they have to sand every single corner manually. i w think the amount of work it takes is no less than laying tiles, if not more. din take a pic of them in action, but they have been very accommodating to our requests of 'here uneven', 'there not so smooth' haha :)

concurrently we also have the guys over to do up the mesh doors for the kitchen carpentry. something which we had been looking forward to. but alas, there was some hiccup. the drawers 'lang gar' with the mesh door metal frame. adjustment needs to be done now to the carpentry hopefully before all the big furniture items come rolling in, and before the major clean up.

here's a pic of the mesh door up on the top shelves, there will be a glass piece behind the mesh door to be up later.

9584957148_267c97fd97.jpg

kitchen mesh

and here is the 'lang gar' drawers

9584957734_b5bc7634b8.jpg

lang gar

oh well hoping it gets fixed soon. :sport-smiley-018:

beng,

here's the old sweden ericsson rotary phone we might be most likely be getting:

9582171351_9f83ec1ae3.jpg

rotary phone :thumbs up:

Your house is turning out super duper nice, all the old school touches. Both of you are staying very true to your theme. I faced a losing battle against my hubby to have some of these ideas earlier for our renovation :( anyways, are you doing the same theme for your MBR?

Nice kitchen cabinet! What's the pricing like? Nice wire mesh is quite ex. I wanted to incorporate wire mesh (the diamond shaped one) into my customised furnishings but later dropped the idea bcos of costs.

Cool phone! I wonder if can ever find those orange 10 cent public phones. Quite iconic also heh

hey greg, actually one of my friend has it in his place. the orange 10 cent phone and it is working. 10cents per 3 mins call. his a vintage collector and sells some of this stuff. i posted his link before, can check it out. but he doesn't have the phone for sale, his personal collection that one. hahah

Your house is turning out super duper nice, all the old school touches. Both of you are staying very true to your theme. I faced a losing battle against my hubby to have some of these ideas earlier for our renovation :( anyways, are you doing the same theme for your MBR?

thank you makan! your place has a lot of personality in it as well!

glad that i have a wtb that's into vintage style as well, so both of us keep a look out on all things old that might fit the house.

based on the original floor plan, we converted our MBR into a WIW and study. tts gonna be a WIP for a while as i plan to do up a pole system with some modification to age the aluminum poles from ikea.

we got a chicago king size bed, which will go into the second common room which we hack down the wall between the MBR and the room. w post along the way. the bed's coming over the weekend. :)

Nice kitchen cabinet! What's the pricing like? Nice wire mesh is quite ex. I wanted to incorporate wire mesh (the diamond shaped one) into my customised furnishings but later dropped the idea bcos of costs.

PM-ed !

We had the mosaic table bar stool outstanding, and its taken us a long time to find a right one. guess they dont have many bar stools during the 70's 80's? :dunno: another criteria we need is one with backing, which makes the search even harder. as we now need to finalise where to mount the stainless steel bar for leg rest, which is dependent on the stool height we need to get the chair soon.

we saw this 2 at comfort. we are more prone to the one on the left, metal with wooden seat. the one on the right doesnt feel as comfortable when seated.what you guys think?

9590942916_1b917bc049.jpg

bar stool

I prefer the one on the left too! Im considering the dining chair in the same design to go with my dining table. but still undecided after so many months. I take the award for being slow in furnishing! :)

Hi oldskool,

Can pm the cost of the wire mesh door too? TIA

I prefer the one on the left too! Im considering the dining chair in the same design to go with my dining table. but still undecided after so many months. I take the award for being slow in furnishing! :)

hey june, for the dining chair option in the same design they have some promo going on.

dining is 189 (original 240), not the cheapest but well some discount of sorts. hahah

hey june, for the dining chair option in the same design they have some promo going on.

dining is 189 (original 240), not the cheapest but well some discount of sorts. hahah

yup, i saw that online...but im not buying yet...my instincts tell me i should wait...a better design will come along. :)

hey beng just double check tt light was 28 bucks.

here's a shot of it light up in the bomb shelter.

9523850534_7050ae3ea8.jpg

bomb shelter

Can you share where you got this for 28 bucks? I am looking for two that is 20cm by 20cm

It would be even more power if you do your dinning table like this.. can play 象棋

100-things-in-80s-housing-old-stone-tabl

hey sim, hahah tt will be a great idea if i have a garden to place it :) these are the little things that make us remember our growing up days.

Can you share where you got this for 28 bucks? I am looking for two that is 20cm by 20cm

van, i got it from hock eng hin, opposite tiong bahru market. they are more rectangular than squarish in shape. the cage is full metal, not plastic that i saw at some shops in jln besar. fits a E27 bulb.

van, i got it from hock eng hin, opposite tiong bahru market. they are more rectangular than squarish in shape. the cage is full metal, not plastic that i saw at some shops in jln besar. fits a E27 bulb.

Thank you so much oldskool. Will go check them out...do you know if their T5 lights are reasonable? And did you see lights similar to this?

cagelightv1_zps00853324.jpg