Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oldskool

Blast From The Past

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

another big chunk of our time were spent on lights hunting.

and this forum we found places that are quietly hidden in the neighbourhood w the lights that could fit our theme.

i will let the pics do the talking.

cage light for the corridor:

gallery_55498_86_8030.jpg

cage light with glass cover for the bathrooms:

gallery_55498_86_51500.jpg

black and white cables used for these lights:

gallery_55498_86_21823.jpg

light for bomb shelter:

gallery_55498_86_3554.jpg

kitchen light:

gallery_55498_86_11888.jpg

we also went around search for more lights at different shops, ended up buying from 3 different shops and also got the main living room light from bali.

more pics to follow.

cheers

Hi oldskool,

May I know where did u get the light holder for the nestum tin? Tks!

Hi oldskool,

May I know where did u get the light holder for the nestum tin? Tks!

hey hanajed, i got it from ikea. they were going for 3.90 or 4.90 can remember the exact amount. comes with a ceiling rose as well.

hi oldskool

Daiso sells chalks and duster :)

Mine is a real chalkboard and I find it easier to just use a wet cloth to clean up the chalkboard.

hi oldskool

Mine is a real chalkboard and I find it easier to just use a wet cloth to clean up the chalkboard.

oh good! i was looking for chalk but couldnt find it. Yesterday i went to popular to buy some silver colour thumb tacks but they didnt have any. they only have gold ones.

Tks oldskool! I ll go ikea n check it out. Btw my husband said "wow so fast! U already got ur answer!" I replied,"of course renotalk pple v efficient!" 😄

Hi oldskool,

happy that the bowls are in good hands :)

you need to find the ping pong bats for your team ! :)

9521100528_56d2262830.jpg

Screenshot_2013-08-16-08-38-21 by Sarahbj3b, on Flickr

hahahaha

and this is why sarah is the no 1 treasure hunter in all of RT but in all fairness - vanessa is a very worthy contender to this throne!

oldskool, congrats on the upgraded ping pong team! :thumbs up:

hi Zihui,

I am very impressed with Vanessa's hunts from taobao !she doesnt even know how to read chinese and had to rely on google chrome for the translation!

I tried to tong bang her next TB shipment but gave up after trying more than 30 mins to find non-kiddy door stoppers yesterday. just tried to search for hairpin legs on TB and mission failed again. Help lol

http://mayamade.blogspot.sg/2010/07/hairpin-leg-wine-storage-barn-diy.html

Err no la...seriously you win hands down sarah...i only find cute lil things LOL....i like those spoons!! Oldskool where did you get the little saucers from? Really bummed about the whole set that was on craigslist :(

hi oldskool

thanks for the info will go check it out at daiso.

Tks oldskool! I ll go ikea n check it out. Btw my husband said "wow so fast! U already got ur answer!" I replied,"of course renotalk pple v efficient!"

no prob haha. i actually have a few that i bought purely just for the ceiling rose. if u are ok with having them without the ceiling rose i can pass them to you not a prob. just give me a shout. i will go over to make sure they are still around in the store.

Oh this light is cute... where did u get this from? How much ah?

Hahha.. that seems to be my most-used phrase on renotalk nowadays. :lol:

hey beng i got them from hock eng hin at tiong bahru. just across the market. the opening mechanism is pretty old school, and the cage is metal not plastic. if my memory serves me right its abt 20 odd dollars, i can check again the receipt and let you know.

Hi oldskool,

happy that the bowls are in good hands :)

you need to find the ping pong bats for your team ! :)

9521100528_56d2262830.jpg

Screenshot_2013-08-16-08-38-21 by Sarahbj3b, on Flickr

wa lao sarah like tt i need to go find some fishballs to complete as ping pong balls liao. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi hi Oldskool

i really love the look of your place!

I am also a big vintage fan (but unfortunately my wife doesnt really share my love for all things vintage...) [hope she is not reading this haha]

May i know where you got the replica ph5 light, and the ping pong bowls and spoons please?

Maybe you can PM me at stilldelving@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks!!!

hi Zihui,

I am very impressed with Vanessa's hunts from taobao !she doesnt even know how to read chinese and had to rely on google chrome for the translation!

I tried to tong bang her next TB shipment but gave up after trying more than 30 mins to find non-kiddy door stoppers yesterday. just tried to search for hairpin legs on TB and mission failed again. Help lol

http://mayamade.blogspot.sg/2010/07/hairpin-leg-wine-storage-barn-diy.html

I agree - Vanessa's ability to suss out the good deals on taobao are even more amazing, bearing in mind the fact that she doesn't know how to read chinese

i just tried to help you hunt as well and you're not kidding!

I've tried '发夹椅腿' and got loads of hairpins, scrunchies and hair pieces

I then tried ‘椅腿DIY' and got loads of chair legs, but after scrolling for so many pages, still can't find anything that looks like the hairpin legs in the article you quoted

Have tried several other permutations as well and I'm throwing in the towel.

The closest that I got was http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.8.XTEamR&id=13522691943

but the shape and color are both wrong

:curse::curse::curse:

I've been trying to search for hairpin legs on tb too! Might resort to just buying from US. It's nearly S$300 for 4 legs including shipping though.

I agree - Vanessa's ability to suss out the good deals on taobao are even more amazing, bearing in mind the fact that she doesn't know how to read chinese

i just tried to help you hunt as well and you're not kidding!

I've tried '发夹椅腿' and got loads of hairpins, scrunchies and hair pieces

I then tried ‘椅腿DIY' and got loads of chair legs, but after scrolling for so many pages, still can't find anything that looks like the hairpin legs in the article you quoted

Have tried several other permutations as well and I'm throwing in the towel.

The closest that I got was http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.8.XTEamR&id=13522691943

but the shape and color are both wrong

:curse::curse::curse: