Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
plainsharon

So Far So Good At Foliage [4-Room]

oh thanks alot. so u did compare the prices of electrical shops like best denki, courts, gaincity etc?

Anyway what was the model you were looking at? Mitsubishi starmex? haha..

I am looking at the LG Artcool platinum aircon, the black in colour mirror series.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

oh thanks alot. so u did compare the prices of electrical shops like best denki, courts, gaincity etc?

Anyway what was the model you were looking at? Mitsubishi starmex? haha..

I am looking at the LG Artcool platinum aircon, the black in colour mirror series.

No problem. :)

We were looking at Mitsubishi Electric Inverter and Daikin Inverter. But eventually decided with Mitsubishi Electric Inverter. We decided on 2x system 2 [2 x compressor], initially was looking at system 1 [ 1x compressor] for living room and system 3 [1x compressor] for the 3 rooms but realised the aircon ledge is too small to fit the system 1 compressor thus have to make changes and became system 2 [ 2 x compressor] : Master room & Bedroom 3 / Bedroom 2 + Living Hall

As we wanted house to be cool when guest comes and when aircon are switch on.

It depends on individual how you want to assign the BTU for each room or each house or the usage of the space. for e.g Living Hall we wanted it to be cold thus setting higher BTU to it and giving BDR 2 a lesser BTU as it is small as well.

Mr went to do the research and comparision with the rest of the big players while i went to enquire the smaller players, big players have a huge price gap while smaller players have a smaller price gap. :) All these have put in the power of the aircon into considerations as well. As some of the big players could not offer the same power with the same price thus eventually decided to go with Cool Force. :rolleyes:

Edited by plainsharon

okay thanks for the research. will contact them when my hse is ready. actually very hard to find black or grey colour aircons....i want the LG ones becuz of the color and theme actually.

okay thanks for the research. will contact them when my hse is ready. actually very hard to find black or grey colour aircons....i want the LG ones becuz of the color and theme actually.

No problem~ Im not too sure about LG, haven did study on LG, heee~ Was looking at daikin and mitsubishi due to their inverter. :)

another Mr K's club...

dun worry u r in safe hands...i truly enjoyed my reno process with him ;)

Hi art00609,

Im not sure if its a norm to keep reminding k for his timeline. As from previous projects done by K contractor, he seems really prompt.

But during and after the initial site visits, have to remind him a few times and contact him a few times for a meet up.

Do you possibly know if this be a norm? Understand that he seems busy too. :dunno:

Got to ask this... How much was the price diff between 2x system 2 vs system 3 and system 1?

OH! i think i need to clarify also, as i was not too sure about aircon initially as it was MR who alias with the air-conditioned.

But from what i found from him is that we have 2 compressor for the air-condition. 1 compressor for living room and bedroom 2 while another compressor for MBR and bedroom 3. While the usual system 4 comes with 1 compressor?

The price difference is about 200 for my initial quote and later quote. :)

Taobao Round 1

About a month ago have purchase lightings, taps and misc items from Taobao and it has finally arrived Singapore yesterday.

It took about 2 weeks to consolidate the orders in China and was suppose to take another 3 weeks for it to arrive to singapore, however items came 1 week earlier. Total took about 4 weeks after placing orders.

Will be collecting it real soon and Good News comes in double, Have applied for hacking for next week and it will be the official start of my renovation. :good:

Here are some of the sneak peaks of the items which we have bought from Taobao:

Here are some links to the lights i have bought :

T1Cy1lXiFSXXa2kc76_061212.jpg_310x310.jp
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm...
( Tom Dixon Lights)

T1W7KmXaNOXXb5E3Q5_055742.jpg_310x310.jp
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm...

T2_UTeXhpXXXXXXXXX_!!750392649.jpg

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm... ( There is a cheaper seller for this item but wanted to get from same seller)

T2U6toXXtPXXXXXXXX_!!747863400.jpg
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm... (censor light recommended by taobao fb grp)

T2G8cHXnXXXXXXXXXX_!!834610904.jpg
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm... (this item is really heavy thus added cost to the shipping)

T26lVTXgBXXXXXXXXX_!!70064988.jpg_310x31

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm... (Saw this shower head in SG and was recommended for its pressure of the water and it was selling at TB for really cheap price)

I have also bought some other 2 water tap + other misc. stuffs.

Edited by plainsharon

• Like 1

Tiles Selection

Went to Soon Bee Huat, Hafary & Sin Lek for tiles selection last week and shortlisted the wood tiles.

We realised Sin Lek does not have much wood tiles for our selection, their only available were China & Italy Tiles. However, their china tiles falls way below the budget what we were given. While the spain were too way high from the budget we were given too.

Thus we went to Soon Bee Huat and selected a few that was within our range :

None of these woodtiles were our selected range *edited

1374337_10152303629929546_288274849_n.jp

1381706_10152303629924546_504382612_n.jp

And we went to Hafary to choose the tiles for the kitchen concrete cabinets :

Intially were looking at wood tiles from Hafary but realised the one from Soon Bee Huat was suitable. But we end up picking Hafary woodtiles which was recommended later on.

[selected Concrete tiles]

996953_10152303629909546_2066123970_n.jp

This was deem too cute and not suitable

1385058_10152303629919546_211262401_n.jp

Edited by plainsharon

ur choice of tiles are lovely!

Hi ProjectH,

Thanks for dopping by.

I almost forgotten to share this, saw this while i was as Soon Bee Huat too. Its another set of lovely tile.

Love this set of tile while i was there but the price tag is really out of our budget. :)

1383057_10152303629934546_735967128_n.jp

OH! i think i need to clarify also, as i was not too sure about aircon initially as it was MR who alias with the air-conditioned.

But from what i found from him is that we have 2 compressor for the air-condition. 1 compressor for living room and bedroom 2 while another compressor for MBR and bedroom 3. While the usual system 4 comes with 1 compressor?

The price difference is about 200 for my initial quote and later quote. :)

logically speaking. u should get a system 1 for your MBR which u use the most often. Then system 3 for the rest.

Unless your MBR and your other bedroom are both going to be heavily used. instead of just the MBR.

logically speaking. u should get a system 1 for your MBR which u use the most often. Then system 3 for the rest.

Unless your MBR and your other bedroom are both going to be heavily used. instead of just the MBR.

i am Mr plain

Model : MXY-3A28VA (this is compressor is for system 3 but i use it for 2) / MSY-GE10VA / MSY-GE13VA

FCU Capacity : Up to 10,000 Btu/hr / 13,000Btu/hr respectively

Rated Share Capacity : 8,530 Btu/hr + 11,952 Btu/hr

Model : MXY-3A28VA (this is compressor is for system 3 but i use it for 2)/ MSY-GE10VA(unit) / MSY-GE24VA (unit)

FCU Capacity : Up to 10,000 Btu/hr / 22,000Btu/hr respectively

Rated Capacity : 7,506 Btu/hr + 17,060 Btu/hr

Very simple i want it when i on all my aircon together all my room and living room will be cool and cold. As is if you try using system 4 and on it together. its take long time to be cool. All the Btu you saw on top is calculate of space need to be cool. And i have open concept kitchen, liviing room.

Edited by plainsharon

Hi art00609,

Im not sure if its a norm to keep reminding k for his timeline. As from previous projects done by K contractor, he seems really prompt.

But during and after the initial site visits, have to remind him a few times and contact him a few times for a meet up.

Do you possibly know if this be a norm? Understand that he seems busy too. :dunno:

Hi Sharon,

Once the actual work starts, we don't need to remind or chase him. He organises his own schedule, and he will make sure everything is within schedule.

For us, we are super busy with work, hence we needed a contractor whom we can handover our flat to with ease, and he's the right 1.

So don't worry.

Edited by macuser77