Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xinyi_reiko

Reiko San's Lovenest

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Pop by this evening to check out the status.

P1020216.jpg

This is how they cover up the wire truckings.

P1020217.jpg

Need to ask you something funny, I thought only HDB can hide wire trunking and that renovators cannot? At least that is what the HDB officer here told us when we ask if we can hide the wiring for our renovation permit. :) But then I don't think he goes round to check every completion of the renovation works... he checked ours though. But it is totally nice that your trunking can be hidden. Hope the :dunno: job goes well today.

Wow, reno is progressing! Love to see your new colors! What colors are you choosing?

I am choosing earth colours.. more to brown range for the whole house, to create zen and cozy feeling... zz

Need to ask you something funny, I thought only HDB can hide wire trunking and that renovators cannot? At least that is what the HDB officer here told us when we ask if we can hide the wiring for our renovation permit. :) But then I don't think he goes round to check every completion of the renovation works... he checked ours though. But it is totally nice that your trunking can be hidden. Hope the :dunno: job goes well today.

Hmm.. this part I am not too sure about it. Have to ask the electrician. Will be meeting up with him on tuesday again. Will ask him, provided I can remember.

Or maybe other forumers can help to answer??

Can hide under false ceiling and conices.

ya.. i know.. but don't have budget to to that. :sport-smiley-004:

Anyway, i tot of a cost saving way, the truckings for my spot light near TV console, half will be covered by curtains. I told the electrician to lay the truckings just beside to window grills. At least that side will be covered by curtains. Heh. !!

Updates on curtains...

just now went to my mum's friend's shop to take a look at the curtain fabrics. Realise that those are pretty high end products. My mum's friend quote us $2k in total for the curtains :sport-smiley-004: . Day & night curtains for living room & MBR. Night curtains for the other 2 bedrooms.

Understand why the price is at high side. Her fabrics comes from countries like spain & london. I must say the curtain design she recommanded to us for living room is really nice. Sad to say we don't have the budget, although both of us like it very much. Have to give it a miss. !!

My current house curtains are all done by her, so far I feel that her workmanship is good.

Good experience afterall, we shall hunt for cheaper range of curtains. !!

Went down this evening to take a look. First round of painting was done. But there is defect found. :good:

They painted the wrong colour for my MBR.

Here are some of the pictures:

Cosy area (forgot to turn on flash)

P1020224.jpg

Mahjiong room

P1020228.jpg

Wardrobe room

P1020231.jpg

MBR, they suppose to paint the colour in the inner side, not the whole wall. :P

P1020233.jpg

P1020234.jpg

HHS, they cover it well. :P

P1020238.jpg

earth colours as in ICI dulux?

nice leh.

I using ICI. My earth colours means colours in brown range. !!

Thanks. :furious: Should thanks the colour consultant instead, heh. He choose the colours for us.

Already called up patrick to tell him the problem part. Hopefully, he will repaint it soon.

My lights are here today. :dancingqueen:

My hubby met up with patrick this evening. Told him about the lights installation. Tomorrow they will be doing up the lightings and the platform.

Somehow I feel, the progress is pretty slow. Patrick said next week capentary will then start. I thought that everything should be able to done up this week. :D But he did say that the materials have not arrived. I guess have to wait for another week. Hopefully, can handover by end of next week.

We also realise the dining lights is using 150 watt light bulb (total there are 3) :bangwall: No wonder previous owner install a dimmer. Got to change it to a energy saving one. Since this light will be move to a new lighting place and there is no dimmer to that lighting point.

We also realise the dining lights is using 150 watt light bulb (total there are 3) :P No wonder previous owner install a dimmer. Got to change it to a energy saving one. Since this light will be move to a new lighting place and there is no dimmer to that lighting point.

:notti: 150W X 3 = 450W :P PUB will be very happy.

me kiasu+kiasi+nomoney, all buy energy saving low wattage types or those that transform to 12v. :P

:P 150W X 3 = 450W 8| PUB will be very happy.

me kiasu+kiasi+nomoney, all buy energy saving low wattage types or those that transform to 12v. :notti:

Haha. We will change to energy saving ones.

But when we went shopping for lights, the sales person told us that they will be giving us normal light bulbs instead of energy saving ones. She say energy saving ones do not light up as nice as normal light bulbs. Izzit true?? :dunno:

My lights that I bought voltage is around 20-40 watts.

More updates! :dancingqueen:

Lights are up! But I dunno why my contractor did not fix my dining lights. 8|

Foyer

P1020244.jpg

Spotlight at TV console area

P1020247.jpg

P1020248.jpg

Cosy area

P1020242.jpg

MBR (Wrapper not removed!). Will retake the pictures again when the wrapper is removed.

P1020241.jpg

Edited by xinyi_reiko

nice lightings!:dancingqueen:

energy saving bulbs if you do notice, they takes a while before going into a full glow.

one more advantage of energysaving bulbs is that they generate a LOT less heat.