Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

What Is Your Salary Increment's Threshold To Switch Jobs?

i seee :)

anyhow, im still peeved about the current salary thingy. Current employer is not aware of my new certification and was told to inform them so they can revise salary when i 'achieve' the status..but i dont want to tell them cos i wanna leave the company. but now having difficulty in getting market rate for my qualification as the headhunter always say 'what such a high jump from current salary...dont u think a bit unreasonable'...it gets tiring to explain to them..sigh

why dun you inform your current employer to revise your salary first?

guess it's a common practice to base new salary on current salary...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i seee :bow:

anyhow, im still peeved about the current salary thingy. Current employer is not aware of my new certification and was told to inform them so they can revise salary when i 'achieve' the status..but i dont want to tell them cos i wanna leave the company. but now having difficulty in getting market rate for my qualification as the headhunter always say 'what such a high jump from current salary...dont u think a bit unreasonable'...it gets tiring to explain to them..sigh

the more you should tell yr current employer and get salary revision. Then use the new salary to apply for new job that will close a bit gap. Win Win situation.

need at least 10-15% increment for me to jump ship.

20% minimum. I believe that should also be the current market standard...

20% minimum. I believe that should also be the current market standard...

depend what trade ..

u go and try engineering..

ask 20% min.. they will ask u to go home and wait for call

depend what trade ..

u go and try engineering..

ask 20% min.. they will ask u to go home and wait for call

Lol therat, it's not that bad. im in engineering field.

i voted for the 21-30%

Edited by Angelwrath

Lol therat, it's not that bad. im in engineering field.

i voted for the 21-30%

engineering very wide..

depend which engineering..

and off-course what is the base salary that u add 21-30%

if salary already 4K, do u think new company willingly to give 21-30% :rolleyes:

got something to ask here... :dunno:

will you consider your fringe benefits in when negotiating the salary package? how would you negotiate to put your current benefits in so that you will be compensated for the loss of the benefits??

got something to ask here... :dunno:

will you consider your fringe benefits in when negotiating the salary package? how would you negotiate to put your current benefits in so that you will be compensated for the loss of the benefits??

singapore don't practise this..

like u had 1K car allowance , when u change company, can u ask the new company to compensate ur lost of 1k car allowance....

wait long long..

engineering very wide..

depend which engineering..

and off-course what is the base salary that u add 21-30%

if salary already 4K, do u think new company willingly to give 21-30% :good:

i think in engineering and u already 4k+ then perhaps 15% will be realistic, what u guys think?

I vote for 11% to 20%.....unless I am very outstanding la...else I will not ask for too much....hehe :)

it still depends on various factor....

1. market range

2. demand & supply

3. current pay - if already 5k, you probably willn't switch till the pull factor is much better

so to me, money is not the top factor which i consider in a job, it is the work of the job which I will be looking at, if it is what I will like to do. Job satisfaction and achievements vs monetary gains.

singapore don't practise this..

like u had 1K car allowance , when u change company, can u ask the new company to compensate ur lost of 1k car allowance....

wait long long..

of coz you can... if the coy really think you are the gem that they want.

i think in engineering and u already 4k+ then perhaps 15% will be realistic, what u guys think?

can be more than 15%. nw constrn boom, salary can ask for more. can even jump by at least 1K even if your old salary was already at $5.5k depending on your post.

it still depends on various factor....

1. market range

2. demand & supply

3. current pay - if already 5k, you probably willn't switch till the pull factor is much better

so to me, money is not the top factor which i consider in a job, it is the work of the job which I will be looking at, if it is what I will like to do. Job satisfaction and achievements vs monetary gains.

actually, even if its 5k nw, there are many ppl who will want more.

btw, head hunter means hunting for ppl to take up higher mgmt post irregardless of field. and not ask you to come and put in resume and they try to promote you. its totally a different thing. professional headhunter do things vy professionally. they are usually engaged by big coy who want specific persons who are well known in that field and these head hunters will try to poach these ppl with great confidentiality.