Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
21 hours ago, Reality said:

Hi All,

The quote from contractor, install Mit Starmex 20,000 btu system 2 aircon. Any opinion? Thanks

Where you intending to install it?

Think no need 20,000 btu for 2rm bah. my living room only 13000 and bedroom 9000 and it's good enuff.

11 minutes ago, Ankle said:

Think no need 20,000 btu for 2rm bah. my living room only 13000 and bedroom 9000 and it's good enuff.

Ya, I got system 2 mitsubishi heavy industries 9000 btu it's still more than enough.

21 hours ago, Ankle said:

Hi Ankle,

My plc 45sqm. One aircon for bedrm and one for living rm. Not sure if the 20,000 btu is a total for whole hse. But since i may not be using the contractor,  i din want to ask.

21 hours ago, Suneeta Devi said:

Ya, I got system 2 mitsubishi heavy industries 9000 btu it's still more than enough.

Hi Suneeta and Ankle, appreciate if u can recommend your aircon installer for my reference, if u think they hv done a pretty decent job. Have been searching the renotalk threads, no one seems to be recommending lol. Usually more complains.

On 4/28/2018 at 10:52 AM, Reality said:

Hi Suneeta and Ankle, appreciate if u can recommend your aircon installer for my reference, if u think they hv done a pretty decent job. Have been searching the renotalk threads, no one seems to be recommending lol. Usually more complains.

Hi Reality, found this link: http://pewpewpew.cc/shopping/how-to-choose-an-aircon-for-your-bto/  , 

owner of the blog also from Renotalk.

Maybe you can use it as a reference.

:) Happy Reno.

On 4/28/2018 at 10:45 AM, Reality said:

Hi Ankle,

My plc 45sqm. One aircon for bedrm and one for living rm. Not sure if the 20,000 btu is a total for whole hse. But since i may not be using the contractor,  i din want to ask.

20k btu is alot. shd be total bah.

On 4/28/2018 at 10:52 AM, Reality said:

I bought my in gain city so they install.

Did anyone change or think of changing the WC installed by hdb? Mine has the eco friendly tap near the flush. Would prefer the usual kind.

Hi mmoh I am a upcoming 2 roomer at Northshore Straits.  Thanks for setting up this thread.   It has been an interesting read of the ideas shared and even bonded and had home visits in the early days!!  I have a question to those who have already moved in and are on high levels without window grilles.  How do you clean your outside windows with no grilles to hang on to.  Isn't it scary?

HDB_Layout_Floor_Plan.jpg

Hi 2 roomers, this is my HDB Floor Plan and Layout, anyone have similar layout ?  May I check how many lightning points will there be from the entrance to the living room area by default ?

10 hours ago, Studio45 said:

Hi 2 roomers, this is my HDB Floor Plan and Layout, anyone have similar layout ?  May I check how many lightning points will there be from the entrance to the living room area by default ?

Most likely 3. 1 at entrance and 2 living rm.

Edited by Ankle

• Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 10:19 PM, Reality said:

Did anyone change or think of changing the WC installed by hdb? Mine has the eco friendly tap near the flush. Would prefer the usual kind.

can be changed. that kind is water saving feature, not bad what.

On 5/1/2018 at 3:50 PM, Reno2020 said:

Hi mmoh I am a upcoming 2 roomer at Northshore Straits.  Thanks for setting up this thread.   It has been an interesting read of the ideas shared and even bonded and had home visits in the early days!!  I have a question to those who have already moved in and are on high levels without window grilles.  How do you clean your outside windows with no grilles to hang on to.  Isn't it scary?

thanks for the compliment. :)

just step onto a stool and clean, all are casement windows can be open til 90 degree and the gap wide enough for my hand so wide the external glass.

if you dun want to climb and scare of fall, use those with long handle or those magnet one.

21 hours ago, Studio45 said:

mine is not this layout so only 2 lighting points in living room. but so far those houses i visited with this layout got 3 points as per ankle pointed out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ankle said:

Most likely 3. 1 at entrance and 2 living rm.

Thanks @Ankle :) .

1 hour ago, mmoh said:

mine is not this layout so only 2 lighting points in living room. but so far those houses i visited with this layout got 3 points as per ankle pointed out.

Thanks @mmoh :) .